#21 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 19:24

regardless , it is the only time when you can see all the level 45 players logging on.

The majority of them, i think main focus for now should be to make them log on everyday and just not for the world bosses and log off again until the next reset..

priorities you know. :)

Another suggestion would be to deal with the lag first.... i mean that is the hardest part of a WB fight.

Oh and i loved that idea of logging back into the world boss area when kicked of server due to lag.

again just my opinion.

that's the point xp...to change wb's so it is a event that will want to be done on a daily basis for fun and rewards not just a once a week thing.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#22 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 19:38

I don't go because the drops suck, not because it's not engaging, or because I can't focus my attention. I also believe that world bosses should be open to all of the community. Low level DPS and heals won't pull aggro anyway, so what's it matter? They do, clearly, need to redo the whole drop list, or change the reward system entirely. I suppose that's why they don't allow anyone under 44 inside.

This game has a chronic issue with pointless drops. They seem to have been placed there as fillers for nearly everything in game, yet never replaced with something worthwhile. If they force people into doing dungeon runs all day, every day, then the world bosses really should not drop items that compete with the rewards from those runs.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 05 June 2014 - 19:41.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#23 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 19:40

I don't go because the drops suck, not because it's not engaging, or because I can't focus my attention. I also believe that world bosses should be open to all of the community. Low level DPS and heals won't pull aggro anyway, so what's it matter? They do, clearly, need to redo the whole drop list, or change the reward system entirely. I suppose that's why they don't allow anyone under 44 inside.

Everything about it in general needs to be changed. the mechanics,the drops,who can engage.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#24 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:11

I think Mongo said it first.  The WBs are not really designed for 25-30 people to pound on mindlessly.  Ideally they should be done in groups of 10 maximum.  Only then would I feel qualified to comment on the mechanics.  This would also help alleviate the lag problem.

The lag issue exists whether you run a 5 man team or 50 man team. 

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#25 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:25

The WB should stay a weekly event IMO. It's a time when whole community can come together and do it...[another group thing]

Let me tell you why ,  cuz it adds to the variety of content there is. Instead other things should be added that are repeatable and done on a daily basis.[solo content]

After all that is done and the content is in the place and the features that are basic needs of an MMo are there. THEN they can start fine tuning it. Wb it already there and brings out almost half the playerbase, it's doing something right for now there are other things that need to be looked at.

About the drops my first thought was "omg it's a WB ima get the fking best weapon from it" but as it turns out it was not that way..sigh.. i still use those cuz i like them anyways :P

The adding up of bosses which drop special weapons only drop able by those and are almost equal to the one in the dungeons and ascended dungeons [ yes the ascended dungeon. The only way to get best weapons in a game should not only be a dungeon thing.]

special weapons= having a rare drop chance

Edited by xpwaste, 06 June 2014 - 04:26.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#26 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:10

Therefore longer life does not mean more challenging or more fun.

So what could make WB's more fun?  More adds, less life?  More challenge less life?

I kind of feel like the whole game is like this. I've said it a bunch before so sorry for the sermon. The game needs to be less about grinding, and more about challenge and testing skill. To make an apples - oranges kind of comparison, think about popular online racing games. Some players are super skilled and get recruited (Edit: recruited to prestigious racing clans) after a week of playing. Others require months or even years of practice to hone their skills. It's not about grinding - it's about skill.

In an MMO, this is best done through boss mechanics. I would much rather a five minute world boss that requires me to be responsive and think than a 15 minute world boss that requires me to alternate between spamming dogma and crimson chain. (I think class rotations and skills need improvement, too, but that's another discussion.)

Edited by Zshmaendal, 06 June 2014 - 07:10.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#27 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:21

If they force people into doing dungeon runs all day, every day, then the world bosses really should not drop items that compete with the rewards from those runs.

This shouldn't be there, it literally means your ignoring a whole section of the playing community/ mmo players.

Edited by xpwaste, 06 June 2014 - 08:22.

previously:

#28 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:27

I kind of feel like the whole game is like this. I've said it a bunch before so sorry for the sermon. The game needs to be less about grinding, and more about challenge and testing skill. To make an apples - oranges kind of comparison, think about popular online racing games. Some players are super skilled and get recruited (Edit: recruited to prestigious racing clans) after a week of playing. Others require months or even years of practice to hone their skills. It's not about grinding - it's about skill.

In an MMO, this is best done through boss mechanics. I would much rather a five minute world boss that requires me to be responsive and think than a 15 minute world boss that requires me to alternate between spamming dogma and crimson chain. (I think class rotations and skills need improvement, too, but that's another discussion.)

Grinding is there in every game, but there are ways to tackle the boredom that comes with grinding.

The boredom aspect of the grinding needs to be looked at. which again forces the focus on the lack of diversity of content there is as of now.

There is just a linear pattern, you level , do dungeon get your set, do next dungeon get that set. and that is about it.

The goal should have various paths which can be chosen by the players according to there playing style. And one should not be penalized or punished for choosing something that other does not like.

In the end the players should come out with the equal amount of resources they can harvest. If your a team player focus on dungeons and if u like to play solo go solo. But in the end the equipment and resources obtainable by both should the same and the effort to reach that end should be the same.

The goal is same, the paths are different and that is what adds diversity and flavor to any game out there.

I can go on about this , but i guess this is enough for anyone to understand what i am trying to say and how it will benefit the game in general Not to only a specific group of people

Edited by xpwaste, 06 June 2014 - 08:30.

previously:

#29 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:41

The WB should stay a weekly event IMO. It's a time when whole community can come together and do it...[another group thing]

Let me tell you why ,  cuz it adds to the variety of content there is. Instead other things should be added that are repeatable and done on a daily basis.[solo content]

After all that is done and the content is in the place and the features that are basic needs of an MMo are there. THEN they can start fine tuning it. Wb it already there and brings out almost half the playerbase, it's doing something right for now there are other things that need to be looked at.

About the drops my first thought was "omg it's a WB ima get the fking best weapon from it" but as it turns out it was not that way..sigh.. i still use those cuz i like them anyways :P

The adding up of bosses which drop special weapons only drop able by those and are almost equal to the one in the dungeons and ascended dungeons [ yes the ascended dungeon. The only way to get best weapons in a game should not only be a dungeon thing.]

special weapons= having a rare drop chance

Not sure if you have played many MMO's,but WB's for majority aren't just a weekly thing...they are a everyone wants to compete killing them kind of thing for the challenge and rewards aspect,and making them very difficult and have very very rare drops like 1/2k kills,which would be great for this game. It needs more content for people to do on a daily basis,and WB's can be a solution to some of that problem.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#30 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:26

Not sure if you have played many MMO's,but WB's for majority aren't just a weekly thing...they are a everyone wants to compete killing them kind of thing for the challenge and rewards aspect,and making them very difficult and have very very rare drops like 1/2k kills,which would be great for this game. It needs more content for people to do on a daily basis,and WB's can be a solution to some of that problem.

IK what they are like in other games, But it is different in this game, was just suggesting to keep it as it is and add other stuff that can be done for the same purpose you are proposing to.

Having a weekly event + other bosses which can be farmed would add more diversity.

Edited by xpwaste, 06 June 2014 - 12:26.

previously:

#31 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 13:31

IK what they are like in other games, But it is different in this game, was just suggesting to keep it as it is and add other stuff that can be done for the same purpose you are proposing to.

Having a weekly event + other bosses which can be farmed would add more diversity.

Hmm, I do want soloable mini-bosses for grinding.  Like how warriors can aoe grind 20+ trash mobs to farm fp and npc trash gear for gold, I want minibosses that are harder and take a bit longer to kill (200-250k hp), but are soloable and have a higher drop rate for the classes that are specced for single target dps.  

But that's not really a WB.

Edited by Alteration, 06 June 2014 - 13:32.

#32 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 16:45

Hmm, I do want soloable mini-bosses for grinding.  Like how warriors can aoe grind 20+ trash mobs to farm fp and npc trash gear for gold, I want minibosses that are harder and take a bit longer to kill (200-250k hp), but are soloable and have a higher drop rate for the classes that are specced for single target dps.  

But that's not really a WB.

Exactly , diversity to feed content hungry players is important. :)

previously:

#33 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 22:41

i really dislike when disconnecting takes you outside the WB area and you CANNOT enter.. and then you miss out on the kill even though you were in there for 5 mins.... i should have been allowed in!!

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#34 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 June 2014 - 23:10

nah I don't think you see the point xp,its better to have finished good product instead of a bunch of not finished products spread out. Doing the way you are hoping just continues with the current problem. there are tons of end game things to do right now,why aren't they done? because they aren't worth the time spent on them. If wb's were meant to be a once a week thing,they would do just that and spawn once per week.

Edited by HuMoR, 06 June 2014 - 23:12.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#35 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:07

nah I don't think you see the point xp,its better to have finished good product instead of a bunch of not finished products spread out. Doing the way you are hoping just continues with the current problem. there are tons of end game things to do right now,why aren't they done? because they aren't worth the time spent on them. If wb's were meant to be a once a week thing,they would do just that and spawn once per week.

add solo bosses for farming , keep WB weekly.

You will have solo bosses to farm for weapons , that will make you want to log on daily. If off course the weapons and drops are made right. 

And at the end of the week you can play with the community to kill the world boss. Your just making WB a daily thing , again a group thing. If you can make them solo and worth the effort sure i'll agree with you.

Yet there will be no way to make them farmable as chest and quests can only be done once.

And even doing that a rotation once per day will be like a huge gold gain.

Meh i doubt anyone will log on everyday to get the weapons that are not even equal to the other sets. and face the lag with it.

Edited by xpwaste, 07 June 2014 - 08:46.

previously:

#36 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 13:47

The d/c is such a major issue, not just for people not able to get back in, but it breaks the loot if someone d/c's out of the rolls.  It doesn't just ruin it for them, but it ruins it for the ENTIRE world boss group so no one gets a drop.  

8TLwd.jpg

#37 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 June 2014 - 14:45

add solo bosses for farming , keep WB weekly.

You will have solo bosses to farm for weapons , that will make you want to log on daily. If off course the weapons and drops are made right. 

And at the end of the week you can play with the community to kill the world boss. Your just making WB a daily thing , again a group thing. If you can make them solo and worth the effort sure i'll agree with you.

Yet there will be no way to make them farmable as chest and quests can only be done once.

And even doing that a rotation once per day will be like a huge gold gain.

Meh i doubt anyone will log on everyday to get the weapons that are not even equal to the other sets. and face the lag with it.

Solo bosses for anything = of current best or even slightly less would be a waste and devalue. 

Wb's need to have their own sets = to dungeon sets and toc should have set tiered sets= to dungeon sets we need more variety and ways to receive good gear with different styles. 

Wb's are never meant to be a once a week thing as it not only would be a pointless content but would target minimal of the population to achieve. Where as revamping them for a daily thing gives everyone a opportunity to do them on a common basis with chance of rewards. 

Edited by HuMoR, 07 June 2014 - 14:45.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#38 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 14:58

I sure hope they remove the quests then. and make it " not once a day thing ":)

And release solo versions of it.

Edited by xpwaste, 07 June 2014 - 14:58.

previously:

#39 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 June 2014 - 15:42

those were implemented only as incentives to get them done,not to be a finishing touch on them. They aren't even close to being done at all...which is easily seen. More mechanics,more rewards,more open to all players of the community or else they aren't a world boss.

what you want is not a world boss,and to just skip how wb currently is,which isnt what needs to be done for this content to excel. 

there is a difference in 
Raid bosses
World bosses
Event Bosses and,
quest bosses.

Edited by HuMoR, 07 June 2014 - 15:46.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#40 xpwaste

xpwaste