Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2012 - 14:55

We've known for some time that the guild conflict system has needed improvement, so we have decided to redesign it from the ground up. The new system is proposed to work as follows and will completely replace the current system.

Brief Overview
The new system will allow guilds to construct a fortress in one of our realms. This fortress will then act a stairway to a private realm which you can design. When fighting another guild you will invade their fortress in an attempt to destroy it while defenders try to stop you.

Participation
In order to participate in this conflict system you will require 25+ players and guild level 50. The system will not require FSP to join, but options will be available to enhance the experience with the use of gold and/or FSP. For example, you'll be able to unlock various tile sets and building styles which you can use to design your fortress.

Fortress Exterior
Participating guilds will then be allowed to build a fortress in one of our outdoor realms between levels 25 and 100. The fortress will start by occupying one tile and will be expandable to occupy a 3x3 block as you improve it. Realms will be expanded slightly to make sure there is enough space.

The fortress will act like a stairway, allowing players standing on it (friendly and attacking enemies) to teleport inside. The interior will be designed by the guild master or appointed guild members using a new version of the level editor our content team currently use.

Fortress Interior
The maximum size of the interior will be determined by the type of fortress you build along with the tile set it uses. Bigger and better fortresses will take time to build, however your guild can speed this up through various actions.

Structures
Once the interior is drawn with rooms and corridors you will be able to place 3 (amount upgradable) of your current guild structures in order to give them bonus effects along with some special conflict related structures, such as a treasure vault and defensive structures. Building or repairing a structure will take a period of time based on their hit points.

Current structures will have their effects increased when placed in to a fortress, you will also be able to pick some conflict related structures that will determine types of guards and what elite guards your fortress. Elites will range from a giant spider to a dragon, which can be as powerful as you wish but will require more upkeep to keep depending on their strength. All NPCs in the fortress will have persistent hit points, acting like weaker versions of our current Titans.

Upkeep
Players will need to pay an amount of upkeep in gold from their bank per day in order to keep their fortress. This upkeep amount will be determined by the realm the fortress is built in, popularity and which internal structures you choose. 10% of this upkeep will go to the fortress treasure vault where it cannot be accessed by the owning guild.

Conflicts
Once all is constructed and structures are placed you will become a part of guild conflicts. Twice per week at times and days you choose your fortress will become vulnerable to invasion by an enemy guild. These 2 vulnerable slots must be 12 hours apart minimum.

The list of upcoming vulnerable guild fortresses will be visible by all players and guild leaders will be allowed to apply to attack them if they have one of their members standing on the fortress (as a scout). If more than one guild apply to attack the system will roll to determine the winner and inform with 24 hours notice. Once the conflict begins the attacking guild will be able to enter the defender's fortress.

Interior Combat
Inside the fortress all players' HP becomes persistent, upon dying a player is kicked from the fortress losing all buffs. At the start of the conflict each side will be assigned a number of tickets and will have to pay some of them to enter the enemy fortress.

Each side gets the same number of tickets, determined by the size of the biggest of the 2 guilds. Defenders will only ever cost them 1 ticket each time. The attackers initial cost is 1 to enter the fortress, if the attacker is defeated and wishes to return the cost of this doubles each time. However, this is calculated per attacker.

Upon entering a player is given a 10 second buff that will protect them from attack. If they do not have this buff, they will be delayed 5 seconds if they enter a square with a defending player on it, to stop players running past defenders.

Defenders in the fortress are given a buff that will heal their persistent HP by an amount every few seconds, so they can run away and heal if needed. While inside the a fortress during a guild conflict players are immune to attacks from anyone but players that occupy their current square.

UI Change
Below the world map we will be adding a real time scrolling log that will give players inside the fortress constant updates about what is happening. Guards and structures will be shown on the map for all to see.

Victory
In order to win a guild conflict players must defeat all NPC guards, destroy all structures and then break in to the treasure vault. Structures are destroyed by direct attacks with a limit of 1 attack every 5 seconds per player. The fortress vault with have a significant amount of hit points, but all structure hit points will be persistent.

Rewards
Guilds that fail to defend their guild fortress will need to spend time repairing internal structures and be shown as defeated on their guild page until their treasure vault is repaired. Guilds that succeed in defending will have their structures automatically repaired to full.

Upon defeating an enemy guild's fortress you will take the contents of their treasure vault in to your guild bank, along with the victory being displayed on your guild page until that guild manages to defeat you in return. You also gain special trophy tiles to place in your own fortress for each type of enemy fortress you defeat. Guild RP will be renamed and improved.

Rules
If you win a roll to attack an enemy guild you will be expected to conduct an invasion. A system will be built that determines if an attack was attempted, if it was not the attacking guild will be punished.

Changes
Placement of your fortress and selection of your vulnerability time will be changeable, however will have a cost in gold and take a week before they take effect. The interior can be changed whenever your guild is not vulnerable to invasion.

Ladder
The guild conflict system will use an ELO rating system to determine a new ladder. The current GvG ladder will be removed. Some bonuses will be rewarded in the new system based on your old ladder rank.

Implementation Stages

Stage 1 - Targeted for end of February 2012
Placing your fortress in a realm, interior will remain locked.

Stage 2
Open fortress and allow interior to be designed, including entrance and treasure vault.

Stage 3
Allow placement of structures and friendly creatures to begin spawning.

Stage 4
Complete implementation of guild conflicts.

Feedback
We would like to hear your feedback on this revamp as we are aware there may be some aspects we have not covered. As always, we value player feedback and will take it in to consideration as we strive to improve guild conflicts.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:02

Sounds cool to me ... we'll see how good it will be :P

#3 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:05

my small brain hurts...

may need to see it in action, sounds cool though.

#4 Odinsson

Odinsson

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:10

sounds interesting cows, cant wait to see it but maybe make the realms from 25-200 where the fortresses can be placed.

#5 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Small note: Minimum 12 hours apart means exactly 12 hours apart. Guild should only be able to pick one time, and the other time is automatically placed 12 hours later.

Potential abuses if this is not the case: 00:01 to 23:59 is 23:59 apart ;)

Other then that looks great!

#6 Trecar

Trecar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

I'm a little confused...does this mean a level 1200 player can run amok, splattering a low level guilds' members? I don't quite see how this will work yet?

#7 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:11

overall doesnt sound bad... tho all at once seems a bit too complicated, Defender will have to move to their fortress in order to help, right? will normall buffs work inside the fortress? will there be any sort of lvl ranges as who can be attacked by who? (ie sounds strange if some1 around my lvl would enter fortress full of lvl 50s and start killing them as their chances to beat such attacker will be close to none). just first bunch of questions

#8 stormfury3

stormfury3

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:12

sounds good in theory ,but will have to see it in action.

i see lots of smaller guilds being made just like the last time GvG was updated...

#9 Trecar

Trecar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Small note: Minimum 12 hours apart means exactly 12 hours apart. Guild should only be able to pick one time, and the other time is automatically placed 12 hours later.

Potential abuses if this is not the case: 00:01 to 23:59 is 23:59 apart ;)

Other then that looks great!

It said twice a week, not twice a day, so it could be 6 days apart...

#10 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

this is a new game inside of FS

#11 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:13

Brief Overview
The new system will allow guilds to construct a fortress in one of our realms. This fortress will then act a stairway to a private realm which you can design. When fighting another guild you will invade their fortress in an attempt to destroy it while defenders try to stop you.

So players will not be able to defend relics and fortress at the same time ?
Would it possible that defenders can teleport to it from any relic that the guild controls

#12 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:15

this is a new game inside of FS

:( yeah, and sounds hella complicated >.<

#13 fs_neontetra

fs_neontetra
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:15

unless you plan on keeping the current gvg system it starting to sound alot like world of warcraft and i think you should put this idea in the new game you guys are developing not into this game. leave the gvg system how it is i enjoy it now.

#14 lawyergod

lawyergod

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:16

I've said this many times before, with regard to the various changes being talked about for the game over the last few months: I like the idea, but not at the expense of completely alerting a system that a lot of people do like. Instead of revamping and replacing GvG outright with this new system, I'd prefer the option of this being a new play option (maybe "Guild Fortress" for instance), along WITH the current GvG system. But that's me, and my personal preference is for a wide variety of gameplay options, as opposed to replacing one option with another.

#15 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

So players will not be able to defend relics and fortress at the same time ?
Would it possible that defenders can teleport to it from any relic that the guild controls

and maybe back as well?

#16 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

sounds good in theory ,but will have to see it in action.

i see lots of smaller guilds being made just like the last time GvG was updated...

did like the part about needing 25+ players to count as a guild. otherwise, i'm still really confused

#17 Shibing

Shibing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:17

sounds interesting ! the only thing that bothers me is that only 25+ players guilds will be able to do it. i myself really like to GvG but my guild is a small one, does that mean that we wont be able to participate ? :(
another thing that confused me was the fighting system ? how will that work ? will there be +-25 attacking range like now or every1 will be able to attack every1 ?

#18 SmexyKai

SmexyKai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:17

This concept sounds epicly awesome!

Participation
In order to participate in this conflict system you will require 25+ players and guild level 50.

Does this mean small guilds will be blocked from participating in conflicts?

#19 fs_uvebinhad

fs_uvebinhad
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:18

If I wanted to play Runescape I'd play Runescape.....

While I agree GVG needs to change I think this is a horrible idea.

I do like the minimum amount of members and a minimum level of 50 for a guild to be able to enter since most guilds that are pure GVG guilds are full of multis and turds.

#20 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:20

It would be wise to test this out first on the Alpha server.
But it sounds very interesting ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: