Photo

GvG Warning When Leaving Guild

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2015 - 15:10

There really needs to be some kind of warning when you leave a guild if there is an active GvG.

I just left a guild this morning to go to another guild but apparently some other guild initiated a conflict right before I left.  Because of this, I can not join any other guild until the conflict is resolved and I have no way of knowing when that is.

I understand and agree with the decision to prevent players from dodging guild conflicts.  However, there really should be an additional warning (other than the "are you sure you want to leave" message) if the guild has an active conflict.

Also, it would be helpful if players who do leave a guild during a GvG could recieve a notification when the conflict is resolved.

#2 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 15:19

I can not join any other guild until the conflict is resolved and I have no way of knowing when that is.

24 hrs after initiation. Sure they could notify but now you know.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#3 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 09 December 2015 - 15:23

24 hrs after initiation. Sure they could notify but now you know.

How do you know when 24 hours is if you never saw the notification?

Also, if all the required attacks are preformed prior to 24hrs, doesn't it resolve then?

Edited by WWWolf, 09 December 2015 - 15:26.

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 15:26

how do you know when 24 hours is if you never saw the notification?

Ahh fair point.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 16:25

I think the idea to implant notifications (perhaps a countdown) is definitely a good one. 

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2015 - 16:58

There really needs to be some kind of warning when you leave a guild if there is an active GvG.

Also, it would be helpful if players who do leave a guild during a GvG could recieve a notification when the conflict is resolved.

Both of those sound reasonable to me. I'll point Hoofmaster in this direction. :)

#7 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 09 December 2015 - 19:02

The previous guild says they finished the conflict but it's still not letting me join the next guild.  Do I have to wait the full 24 hours even if it finishes sooner?

#8 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2015 - 19:17

The previous guild says they finished the conflict but it's still not letting me join the next guild.  Do I have to wait the full 24 hours even if it finishes sooner?

yep

#9 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 09 December 2015 - 19:49

I understand the point in not allowing me to join during the conflict but what is the sense of having to wait a full 24 hours if the conflict is over sooner?

#10 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2015 - 20:10

I agree with you that if both sides have completed the guild conflict a release of all guilds players should happen. 

Perhaps HCS can put a timer  up that after one hour of completion of guild conflict players can leave or what not.  Keep in mind both sides of the guild conflict have to be completed hits and not partial hits because of a loss hit somewhere on down the line. 

I think possible adjustment could be made to the process to have a count-down when conflict is over instead of dead wait of 24 hours only deal. This is only idea off the top of my head as I was reading.  I do remember seeing players mentioning this topic in our guild chat when some players got ready to do a guild battle then noticing  it was all ready done and going to 24 hour waiting completion process.  

I hope HCS staff will stop by and give their perspective on what can accomplished in this area of conflicts with adjusting timer. Thanks.  ;)

Edited by bigchaos, 09 December 2015 - 20:38.

#11 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2015 - 20:24

I understand the point in not allowing me to join during the conflict but what is the sense of having to wait a full 24 hours if the conflict is over sooner?

I don't know, and it's not a question I could answer. I just know it's been like this ever since they made the change.

#12 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 10 December 2015 - 13:26

I was wondering...

In the scenario of PlayerA in GuildA initiates a conflict with GuildB.  PlayerA then leaves GuildA and is still considered a target for GuildB to attack in GvG.  How does GuildB know PlayerA is a target if they are not in the guild?  Can PlayerA still attack for GuildA in the GvG?

I see some potential for abuse here depending on how exactly that works.  Guilds can find another guild where players are all offline, initiate conflict and get their hits in then quickly get all target players to leave until the conflict is over - the targeted guild then comes online and they can't find their targets for the GvG.

I doubt many guilds would do such a thing but the potential is there.

#13 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 15:43

On Wolf's post #12. Good question.

Perhaps they are still on the list under Fight Player then Guild Conflict tab?

Good to see BG is passing the issue onto Hoof. (o0

#14 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2015 - 16:48

In the scenario of PlayerA in GuildA initiates a conflict with GuildB.  PlayerA then leaves GuildA and is still considered a target for GuildB to attack in GvG.  How does GuildB know PlayerA is a target if they are not in the guild? 

When you look at the GvG page, there's a link to click on the line for each conflict that has a target list that pops up. This will include anyone who was in the guild at the time the GvG was initiated, including ones who may have left/been kicked during the GvG time.

I see some potential for abuse here depending on how exactly that works.  Guilds can find another guild where players are all offline, initiate conflict and get their hits in then quickly get all target players to leave until the conflict is over - the targeted guild then comes online and they can't find their targets for the GvG.

I doubt many guilds would do such a thing but the potential is there.

Yup, this was being used by at least one guild as their primary method of winning, which is why the change was made about the waiting period and showing the list of targets.

#15 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2015 - 18:35

When you look at the GvG page, there's a link to click on the line for each conflict that has a target list that pops up. This will include anyone who was in the guild at the time the GvG was initiated, including ones who may have left/been kicked during the GvG time.

Yup, this was being used by at least one guild as their primary method of winning, which is why the change was made about the waiting period and showing the list of targets.

It used to be used by a few guilds. I remember when I was in one of the top GvG guilds, people would leave/kick targets so you can't retaliate.

#16 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 19:15

I don't see this as being an issue. The worst case scenerio is that a player has to wait at most 24 hours to join a guild another guild after leaving their current one. Big deal.

#17 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 10 December 2015 - 21:35

Good to know :) thanks.

I'm still curious if those who leave during the GvG can still attack targets for their previous guild - I don't really see it making much of a difference but I am curious.

#18 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 10 December 2015 - 21:59

I don't see this as being an issue. The worst case scenerio is that a player has to wait at most 24 hours to join a guild another guild after leaving their current one. Big deal.

It is not a big deal for most players as most tend to stay in 1 guild for extended periods of time.  However, there are some of us who regularly travel between guilds for vasrious reasons and time stuck twiddling your thumbs is quite annoying especially if someone is waiting on you.

#19 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:15

Thought there was a warning for this. i recall seeing it somewhere

nevermind

Leaving During Conflicts
If a participant of a guild leaves or is kicked during a Guild Conflict, they will remain a viable target for the opposing guild until the end of the conflict.

...But i guess it makes sense that they cant join another guild until after conflict is over

Edited by gilby90813, 11 December 2015 - 07:17.

#20 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 14:00

It is not a big deal for most players as most tend to stay in 1 guild for extended periods of time.  However, there are some of us who regularly travel between guilds for vasrious reasons and time stuck twiddling your thumbs is quite annoying especially if someone is waiting on you.

I do not support or agree with guild hopping. If you do it, fine. But suffer what little consequence remains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: