206 replies to this topic

#181 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 22:32

What will i face if i smash the person who PvPed me? Its a wee community you ( PvPers ) belong too. Will I face further attacks from PvPers for out playing a so called PvPer?

how a player reacts is totally up to that player...not some computer code but human characteristics. no matter how evil or cruel someone's reasoning is for attacking another player, that human interaction is needed to create a good community..the community just needs to hold together..

the random variable of human interaction will answer your question with a simple, possibly

how a player reacts within the game mechanics depends on lots of variables like morals, views, situation, environment, human traits, etc..

depending on how the community; your Guild, Allies, Friends, Family, Strangers that want to fight against criminal PVP, etc..reacts to your character being repeatedly attacked and destroyed for the simple joy of a PvP's fun determines how much middle ground you have..

#182 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 22:51

What will i face if i smash the person who PvPed me? Its a wee community you ( PvPers ) belong too. Will I face further attacks from PvPers for out playing a so called PvPer?

how a player reacts is totally up to that player...not some computer code but human characteristics. no matter how evil or cruel someone's reasoning is for attacking another player, that human interaction is needed to create a good community..the community just needs to hold together..

the random variable of human interaction will answer your question with a simple, possibly

how a player reacts within the game mechanics depends on lots of variables like morals, views, situation, environment, human traits, etc..

depending on how the community; your Guild, Allies, Friends, Family, Strangers that want to fight against criminal PVP, etc..reacts to your character being repeatedly attacked and destroyed for the simple joy of a PvP's fun determines how much middle ground you have..

Your answer " possibly " could very well also be the answer to why players " don't like PvP ". As for the rest..... you do realise this is a game. I would imagine players act differently within the Fallen Sword world than they do in real life, I know I do. So morals, views, situation, enviroment and human traits have less of an impact on how a someone plays a game in my opinion.

Cheers.

wil72

#183 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 00:13

..... you do realise this is a game. I would imagine players act differently within the Fallen Sword world than they do in real life, I know I do. So morals, views, situation, enviroment and human traits have less of an impact on how a someone plays a game in my opinion.

so you don't think morals or personal views on life guide how a player chooses to play a role playing game? :shock: if i wasn't such a giving person, do you think i'd be casting my buffs for free in the game :wink:

#184 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:55

This is ridiculous i noticed now an active player about to quit game cuz of pvp...
Who said no players quit cuz of pvp being screwed by some players? :roll:

#185 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:04

That's not possible. No player has quit because of pvp for 5+ years as some would claim. Lol. Sorry. Had to throw that out there.

#186 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:09

That's not possible. No player has quit because of pvp for 5+ years as some would claim. Lol. Sorry. Had to throw that out there.

eh many players quit already and many lost interest and they are less active cuz of it.. wait i dont say because of pvp aspect! but because of some players who are using some ways to harass other players till they quit

#187 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:37

eh many players quit already and many lost interest and they are less active cuz of it.. wait i dont say because of pvp aspect! but because of some players who are using some ways to harass other players till they quit

yotwehc, I suspect, was being sarcastic ;)

#188 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:04

"because of pvp" should be defined actually. One thing someone quits because of hourly attacks and no interest to participate in pvp, but the other thing is when someone hits other players with 100 stamina and trash talks to them, and then quits because of the lost levels.

#189 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:25

..... you do realise this is a game. I would imagine players act differently within the Fallen Sword world than they do in real life, I know I do. So morals, views, situation, enviroment and human traits have less of an impact on how a someone plays a game in my opinion.

so you don't think morals or personal views on life guide how a player chooses to play a role playing game? :shock: if i wasn't such a giving person, do you think i'd be casting my buffs for free in the game :wink:

I think a player is still influenced by his own beliefs, morals, culture, environment, etc.
But players can also act differently in games where they can choose to play a certain personality.

A person who is shy in the real world may be bold in a game.
A player who is always putting others first in real life can be egoistic in a game.
And a player who is generous in real life can still be generous in a game. :wink:

People can act differently in a game than how they are in real life.
It doesn't mean all do. But some probably are.
And it doesn't mean people act differently in all traits. Just a few traits is often enough for them. 8)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#190 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:29

"because of pvp" should be defined actually. One thing someone quits because of hourly attacks and no interest to participate in pvp, but the other thing is when someone hits other players with 100 stamina and trash talks to them, and then quits because of the lost levels.

Trash talk about what? i believe this trash talk is what we are talking about atm ;) pvpers call it trash talk but i call it truth talk

Whatever player is saying doesn't mean pvper's should lead him/her to quit

#191 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:35

This is ridiculous i noticed now an active player about to quit game cuz of pvp...

Hmm if it's who I think you're talking about, I've heard they had planned on quitting before any of the pvp issues happened, and it isn't the first time they've said that. I was wondering how long it'd take for it to be brought up in this thread . ;)

#192 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:42

Hmm if it's who I think you're talking about, I've heard they had planned on quitting before any of the pvp issues happened, and it isn't the first time they've said that. I was wondering how long it'd take for it to be brought up in this thread . ;)

Yea but pvp issues encourage these players to quit.

#193 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 13:19

What do you mean by "pvp issues"? There is a risk to lose 5 lvls for each bounty. If someone is not liked by a group of players, better stay away from the bounty board, no? I am just trying to understand where is the issue.

#194 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 13:41

What do you mean by "pvp issues"? There is a risk to lose 5 lvls for each bounty. If someone is not liked by a group of players, better stay away from the bounty board, no? I am just trying to understand where is the issue.

It's the wars... So you say if a player don't have 5 guilds stand beside him/her don't get on BB and if these guilds smacked this player shouldn't do sh*t and just stay silence...just bullies definition comes to mind out of this statement

and these Robots codes... risk,5 lvls,BB mechanics,pvp rules..etc another reason why not many like pvp..
"Risk only applied on non pvp guild or a guild without allies".

#195 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 13:52

It's the wars... So you say if a player don't have 5 guilds stand beside him/her don't get on BB and if these guilds smacked this player shouldn't do sh*t and just stay silence...just bullies definition comes to mind out of this statement

and these Robots codes... risk,5 lvls,BB mechanics,pvp rules..etc another reason why not many like pvp..
"Risk is only applied on non pvp guild or a guild without allies".

Is there a solution? How are you going to filter the players on the bounty board and give them no punishment depending on "no allies" or something?

#196 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 14:02

"Risk is only applied on non pvp guild or a guild without allies".

Is there a solution? How are you going to filter the players on the bounty board and give them no punishment depending on "no allies" or something?

When it comes to more than 10 players hitting 1 player then its pvper's personal issues this is not fun and only them have the solution... or we will end up losing more players by time.

#197 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2013 - 14:56

When it comes to more than 10 players hitting 1 player then its pvper's personal issues this is not fun and only them have the solution... or we will end up losing more players by time.

So how about if 9 hit a player. Then it isn't personal? I wasn't aware that a certain # of players deleveling a bounty is uncalled for.

#198 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2013 - 16:30

You would think - logically, that people who are actively invloved in PvP are the ones most likely to end up on the board, and getting smacked around by other PvP'ers and for the most part that is what happens, and when it does if the loss of levels and arranging of 10 (or whatever number) of hitters was deserved, they take it without complaint. If on the other hand it wasn't, its's likely that the x number of hitters will all bounties on themselves and lose levels to multi hitters, and that's the accepted risk that anyone who gets into PvP takes

On the other hand if it's a non PvP player who's got 10 (or 37, or 6, or 153 bezillion) hitters on their bounty, it will be for a reason, and if that reason is not PvP it's generally (and by generally I mean always) becaue of rude, threatening, abusive and ridiculous messages that they send out to people and guilds after getting hit once (some of the messages sent to me by anti pvp players don't even bear reapeating, I even had to take down the note in my bio that mentioned the age of my kids, due to sick threats)

Being realistic no one is going to end up on the board, with a hoarde of people smacking them, just because a PvP'er randomly decided to pull their name out of a hat, and as someone who's been at the helm of two guilds over the past 4 years, I know that a little diplomacy goes a long way, and in the case of people who like to play at PvP and make promises they can't back up, they can be dealt with either way - by being smacked around or talked around.

I was a pureist leveller for 250 levels (and my first 18 months in FS) and a bit of everything since, my guilds have always had a mix of people who only level, people who only PvP and (mostly) people who do both. At no point has anyone in my guild, allies, or extended FS family ever encoutered a problem that could not be resolved or would cause anyone to go running for the exit. That recourse (usually) is reserved for the same spoiled drama queens who end up getting pounded for the stupid messages that they sent out in the first place. If any normal, easy going kind of person decides to quit FS over a PvP issue, it's almost certain that they were considering leaving anyway, and it in that instance it only takes something minor to tip the balance..

#199 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 22:06

So how about if 9 hit a player. Then it isn't personal? I wasn't aware that a certain # of players deleveling a bounty is uncalled for.

Sorry, but You are trying to troll here :)

I'm not going to argue more ... you will keep trying to prove its fine and i'll keep trying to prove its not fine.

and i was replying to avva

#200 NerdyNeko

NerdyNeko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Badge
  • Finland

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:54

There was some who suggested pvp to be opt-in but that would kill thiefing if its completelly taken off and bank would become only useful for those players who opt-in for pvp. So if levelers wanna keep their xp and some pvp players wanna steal gold and some want to get challenge. Wouldnt it be alright to remove xp loss on normal combat(non ladder/bounty) and maybe increase gold gain (yes yes im greedy thief). Also if you arent opt-in pvp you could gain extra stats for defending against thiefs (like around 10% and only on pvp defendes) but you couldnt complete bounties or hit anyone unless you opt-in. Of course it would be abused if you could opt-in opt-off instantly so it would need to be reseted like ladder or for example you need to wait two days from opting in to get off. But it should replace ladder or be build on ladder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: