Photo

Remove XP nerf for gathering lower tier materials. It's bad.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jibbz

Jibbz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 19:44

The nerf is pretty ridiculous. Let's say I want to level up Leatherworking and am obtaining the hides myself through skinning. As Leatherworking is such a slow skill, I am already above 16 skinning at only 8 Leatherworking and therefore have to keep skinning lower tier monsters to gain Tattered Hide. It's not fair that on top of this, I am obtaining next to no Skinning XP for it because the skills are so unbalanced.

The same example applies for Prospecting/Armoursmithing and probably others.

The price of lower tier items such as Copper Bars and Tattered hide are on the rise (and are likely to rise above the next tier) because of this; nobody wants to go and gather them themselves and receive poor xp for it.

#2 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 20:14

Disagree, I see nothing wrong with the current system. 

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#3 Jibbz

Jibbz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 21:41

Disagree, I see nothing wrong with the current system. 

You wouldn't see anything wrong because you probably bought all the materials for crafting.

#4 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 21:45

You wouldn't see anything wrong because you probably bought all the materials for crafting.

If I bought all the crafting materials for crafting levels I wouldn't have these gathering levels..

2r3xkc0.jpg

My opinion is based off how flawless the system is and the fact it keeps crafting more of the time consuming/monetary professions in comparison to gathering which are the raw material professions.

The fact that you have to put in extra time to gather materials to compensate for crafting levels is how it should be, without this it would be a very repetitive leveling procedure for each profession, they would be much easier and finally there would be a very small market for raw materials.

This would kill off a large part of trading and a way of lower levels/strict profession based players make their money.

EDIT:

I'm not actually sure what you're wanting here, you're talking about leatherworking but you are worried about skinning exp. If they removed the reduction once you hit the next tier for a profession you would be much higher skinning while very low leatherworking, so with this idea you're actually making gathering professions much faster to cap while crafting will stay the same.

Edited by Neon, 29 January 2014 - 21:52.

a5kwtf.png

#5 Jibbz

Jibbz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 21:54

I agree that crafting is a consuming/ monetary profession, but why is an XP nerf on gathering skills necessary if you're still using a lower tier item to craft?

It still takes me the same amount of time to obtain the necessary materials, the XP nerf is just a little less motivating.

#6 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 22:05

I agree that crafting is a consuming/ monetary profession, but why is an XP nerf on gathering skills necessary if you're still using a lower tier item to craft?

It still takes me the same amount of time to obtain the necessary materials, the XP nerf is just a little less motivating.

The reduction opens up players to two choices, keep gathering and waste max exp rates per hour, or pay someone who needs the money or someone selling the mats to gather them for you.

Basically this reduction opens up these opportunities:

- Allows players with money to spend to pay the difference in materials until they can use the tier 2+ materials.

- Allows players a firm and easy method of money making due to demand from "richer players".

It keeps crafting as professions that will always have money being sunk into them.

Now if the reduction was removed, then this would still be the case. Except you would max gathering professions in a much faster time compared to now (as said above).

If you meant that you wanted the gathering and crafting professions to be close together so you can level up crafting professions with the materials from gathering professions and have near enough the same levels, then as said above the system would have little to no market interest along with the other points I made.

a5kwtf.png

#7 ValiaS

ValiaS

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:57

It's all in the way you look at it I suppose. I have this same situation, my Skinning is at 32 by now and my Leatherworking is slowly approaching 20. But I *like* it that skinning xp has slowed down by now. It means that Skinning skill won't be getting much further ahead of the Leatherworking now and also my character skill, which is at 22 now.

Thus, I don't mind if the gathering skills I'm using to collect materials for crafting skills slow down in their xp. That said, leveling Fishing is still painful and I'm not sure how that could be improved on.

Edited by ValiaS, 30 January 2014 - 07:58.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: