Photo

Stat Changing Skill Levels in Super Pots Are Harmful

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
253 replies to this topic

Poll: Super Pots (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Super pots are too powerful?

1. Yes (44 votes [58.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.67%

2. No (31 votes [41.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.33%

Vote

#21 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 13:48

Ok I see a lot of complaints about using composed pots while people are offline just an FYI in gvg composed pots really are not needed since most people sit in Stam gear crappy stats even while buffed so how can you complain If you can do the same back to them wait till they go offline and use composed pots or maybe not need them even on ladder I doubt most people run anything over 60 min pots so that's 2 hours just do your hits later I mean everyone is saying one end but don't forget you can do the same thing back it works both ways just not one it only works one way if you refuse to pvp you can always wait till later to attack someone back or pvp even bounty board composed pots help you defend yourself and even with composed pots you can lose against someone in a good set up with 175 buffs in gvg it isn't a automatic win it only is if there in Stam gear but that's why we have enchantments suck as piercing strike and others

#22 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 14:21

i think many of you are missing the op main point..the game is a lot less fun with these uber pots... the have and have nots are worse than ever..made hunting too easy ( still wearing nightbranch set 471 levels later to hunt)..that should not happen.....made pvp too easy for those with superpots..made gvg too easy for those with super pots..and yes we all can have them..but at what cost.??..not everyone has money to throw at a 10 year old game..  traveling composers are extremely expensive....there is no challenge left to the game..unless changes are made..the fun has disappeared from the game..no fun in arena ( it is dead)...no fun in pvp ladder (it is dead) , no fun in the bb (it is dead)....no fun in gvg ( dont see much of this anymore, could be dead)....all of these were fun..what happened...super pots are partly to blame..not all to blame..but partly...a game is supposed to be fun...that has been lost in fallensword.

and i agree with lou...where is HOOF ?? does he not care about the forums anymore or the players ..he needs to speak up..about a variety of problems...where did HOOF go..someone send an APB out on him....

Edited by yodamus, 10 June 2016 - 14:23.

#23 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2016 - 14:31

but at what cost.?

You can use your free stamina to partake on the Ladder.

You can use your free stamina to level up, gaining you the gold and frags to level your composing.

You can use your free stamina to partake in Global Events.

Certainly people use donations to HCS to fast track these but they don't have to. I've not fast tracked my Composing for example. I'm level 23. I partake in the Global events. And yes, I dabble on the ladder occasionally. So yes, these are available to everyone who puts in the effort.

#24 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 15:32

You can use your free stamina to partake on the Ladder.

You can use your free stamina to level up, gaining you the gold and frags to level your composing.

You can use your free stamina to partake in Global Events.

Certainly people use donations to HCS to fast track these but they don't have to. I've not fast tracked my Composing for example. I'm level 23. I partake in the Global events. And yes, I dabble on the ladder occasionally. So yes, these are available to everyone who puts in the effort.

Free stamina is all well and good. I have yet to see how the tremendously high level skills benefit the game beyond making it obscenely easy for players who obtain them! Please explain.

and i agree with lou...where is HOOF ?? does he not care about the forums anymore or the players ..he needs to speak up..about a variety of problems...where did HOOF go..someone send an APB out on him....

I've played long enough to see Hoof's involvement and presence buoy confidence in the game that he built. I'm not alone.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#25 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 20:42

I've read this debate in many other forums, and thrown in my tuppence often enough. But since there a vote I'll briefly restate my view.

I happen to like these big composing pots. I had to use 1600 equipment all the way through to beyond 2400. This was not because uber pots made it possible (I only had SH 200 by that stage), but because there weren't better hunting sets to use. I don't believe it is possible to produce enough sets with enough frequency over thousands of levels, and devise a monster stats algorithm, that will take the equipent challenges I faced for the first few hundred levels and stretch them over 3000 levels. I see the uber pots as a decent fix to that, and as allowing HCS to spend more time devising more interesting things than yet more slightly different sets.

Now that I am close to composing 60 I am still enjoying using these pots. I am enjoying the fact that I don't have to spend large amounts of FSP on potions like DW450 and EW1500 in order to hunt efficiently.

So personally, I find these uber pots have made the game much more fun.

#26 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 20:46

Making the game faceroll easy makes it fun? to his their own.

#27 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 21:08

Nowhere in that post did I see the word easy. I read it three times even.

He said: The pots made the game much more fun for him.

Personally, they make the game more fun for me too.

I did not say easy either, I said FUN.. There is one huge difference between the words easy and fun.  But under some circumstances easy can be fun too and fun can be easy even in FS.

#28 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:26

to his their own.

We aren't talking about fun factor here we are talking about whether or not it's harmful to game mechanics.

Please stay on topic.

#29 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:47

We aren't talking about fun factor here we are talking about whether or not it's harmful to game mechanics.

Please stay on topic.

This is a game! Most people play games because they find them fun. Diminishing the fun factor is harmful to the game.

The fun factor arising out of composing pots seems very obviously on topic to me.

Edited by rowbeth, 11 June 2016 - 06:09.

#30 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:55

The main problem BG didn't noticed yet, looks like.

Yes, everyone can level up Composing, everyone can level up the character, everyone can get better gear...And everyone can play all aspects of the game...But not everyone can be online 24/7.

The Ladder for example, you can drink your high level pots, hit everyone (and almost 100% sure you'll win all combats) and go offline, but 30mins later your pots will run out...When you go to sleep it's 100% you'll lose your 1st place, because even if your guildmates keep buffing you up, no one way lvl 175/192 buffs can compare with Composed pots, there is no way to defend yourself, that's why mostly Ladder players don't even care, they come online, pot up, hit everyone, go back to Epics and wait to hit again with composed pots latter...Because you know you'll not be able to defend yourself anyway.

The worst occurs on GvG, 2 guys pot up and start the hitting, even if you find the one on your guild that's been hitted, you can't buff then enough to be able to protect against the Composed pots.

-

My opinion now, I really don't know if that would be a good idea, but I believe we should release a 'trial period' on this.

Make the pots any level you like, but for every kind of PvP all the buffs will not go beyond lvl192, even if you have SH600 running, once the combat starts, both players would have SH192, but while killing creatures, you'll have SH600 again.

That would be a lot more fun on my point of view.

#31 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 15:59

The main problem BG didn't noticed yet, looks like.

Yes, everyone can level up Composing, everyone can level up the character, everyone can get better gear...And everyone can play all aspects of the game...But not everyone can be online 24/7.

could not have said it any better

yes i have free stamina to do things in the game..but if you dont throw loads of money into the game and have 24/7 to play the game..everything moves at a snails pace...many commenters in the forum play most of the day, see them in gc all day. every day..and to level sky high in composing one really has to be online most of a 24 hr day.....this is a completly different gaming experience the majority of us that can only play a little bit each day..

#32 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 17:04

This is not my main response:

Composing pots, if I'm not mistaken can be made to last 300 minutes. That's without brew master, which, if my calcs are right, means more than 23 hours if just the 175 buff is used. 

I think that people are throwing a ton of things into the mix here and talking about too much at once. 

I also think it's normal, but it's not efficient. 

Composing pots are not a win button in the PvP, GvG, BB aspects of the game. I doubt they are a win button in other aspects of the game either. And less so since anybody can work to get them.

I think there is a lot of really short-term thinking going on here. Since composing is "accessible to all", you might as well be arguing to get rid of buffs all together.

Seriously, you want to compare the 175 buffs to composing pots? If you do not argue to do away with 175 buffs or 192 for that matter, why are you even talking about this? 

There is no logic behind that comparison. Yes, higher levels are better... and? 

Composing has drained gold from this game tons... It's a short-term solution and it will obviously, eventually, disappear.

#33 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 17:31

This is a game! Most people play games because they find them fun. Diminishing the fun factor is harmful to the game.

The fun factor arising out of composing pots seems very obviously on topic to me.

So then you should have no problem if the potions were scaled down proportionally. They would be just as powerful compared to the next one.

#34 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2016 - 18:03

I love composing and it makes my life playing this game a lot easier. It also gave me something to strive for, to achieve, now I have the pleasure of making my guild members' lives easier providing them with a vast array of useful potions.

BigGrim has stated composing is not going to change, basically deal with that part of the equation, but...

... That is not to say a new critter could not be introduced that makes composing powered skills irrelevant?

Please, stop bashing composing it is getting very old and you just sound very bitter, the funniest part is, that those that are bashing it are mostly in guilds who have several level 60 composers, others are just bitter/jealous I would guess and should have stepped up on the composing when it was released. I had a three month hiatus and I am level 60...

#35 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 19:22

I love composing and it makes my life playing this game a lot easier.

Exactly. My first reaction wanted to ask that these huge skill levels be reigned in, and I have access to every Super pot available, so it wasn't self-serving. The way most players act and decide on game issues is out of selfishness or pettiness. Look always at the voting. I raised this discussion because I've seen many players' concerns being ignored and deleted because they didn't conform to what a dev wanted so he labeled them off-topic. That, in my opinion, is not the purpose of the forum as I know it. Sadly the ship sailed long before it was realized how insanely powerful and harmful the Super pots were. I blame it on the autocratic development we are witnessing. Hoof's reasonable discussions with players that were once prevalent have disappeared. There's the difference in the game!

Now that players have earned their Composing levels, and rightly so, why should they now be penalized? It was suggested on this thread by a player, Kbyte, to raise the castable skill levels. I think it helps. It gives players somewhere to apply the 100s if not 1000s of skill points sitting unused. It allows players to cast on themselves and others skills that can somewhat mitigate the grossly overpowered skill levels Super pots allow. The difference between the current 175 skills and Super pots is wildly disproportionate. One dev telling us everything is fine and they're happy ignores the many players who disagree. I'd like a second dev opinion.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#36 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 22:53

I can remember a time where before Global Events and Composing where before attacking a creature,  you had to check the stats of your opponent to make sure you can beat them. Now, you can just put on any reasonable gear (that can be used for hundreds of levels), throw on the best potions available and attack the creature and win.

To me, that's boring, and not fun, as it's the same repetitive process every time you hunt. Now with AM 500 and being able to kill Champions, you don't even need to move.

#37 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 22:59

Again, we're happy with the Potions that are available. Everyone DOES have access to them.

every time you giving same answer when players talking negative about composing, everytime you saying:

everyone has access

you not denying big affect composing having on all pvp and gvg, it impossible denying and you knowing it that why you never directly answering it and only keeping saying: everyone has access

you saying everyone has access to composing and potions, if you really believing this then you would removing restriction on attack ranges because can saying same thing: everyone has access to composing for defending, everyone has access to potions and can leveling to eoc

if you doing this then it will giving more pvp activity but will unfair because high level player can smashing low level player whenever he wanting

but you doing this in pvp for composing, high level player can be comparing to composing and low leve player can be comparing to buffs 175, it not fair too but you still ignoring it

when you putting composing into game it was game style like titan hunting, arena, pvp ladder, it was choice players can choosing but composing is not choice, it is forcing, that wrong

you are forcing players to getting involving with composing if they wanting having same fair chance against player who using crazy high composing

what happening to composing is choice? is it really choice if player attacking you with crazy high composing over level 400 against you using buffs 175? you not giving choice, you forcing composing on pvp and it having negative effecting on gvg, defender who offline in gvg can only getting buffs from guild but attacker can using crazy high composing over level 400

if you still believing that

Again, we're happy with the Potions that are available. Everyone DOES have access to them.

then please answering this question:

why you not removing attack range from pvp?

I will saying exactly same thing you saying: everyone has access to composing and potions (I using your words and logic)

with composing they can defending themselfes and with potions they can leveling to eoc

you should not having problem with this because it having same argument as composing

I will waiting for your answer and I hoping you will not ignoring it, saying it off topic so you can avoiding question again, thank you very much

argument for removing attack ranges from pvp to making high pvp activity is using your words biggrim:

Everyone can partake in the Ladder.

Everyone can partake in Global Events.

Everyone can level up composing. 

~ Grim

everyone can level up to eoc

I sure you will agreeing with this because it using your words and logic and if you not agreeing then it will only making you hypocrite because you letting it only work on composing and not other things and I sending copy of this postings to players before you removing again because you not wanting answering and players seeing this

Edited by BigGrim, 14 June 2016 - 10:03.
Flame Bait & Insults removed.

#38 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 23:40

The way the passionate on here are posting, it seems that everyone must be getting ravaged by pvp and gvg by these evil high level composers :o

Oddly, as dav pointed out, it seems the loudest squeaky wheels have the most high level composers in the game. What gives? Genuinely curious

#39 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2016 - 23:47

Not entirely sure why everyone is now focusing on only the high level composing potions, that is not the point of this thread. The 'ubers' from GE's and donations are even worse.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#40 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 23:53

Attack uber composing first, when lowered move on to GE potions, when they are lowered perhaps the donations then the192 buffs.

Color me curious.... Why?

Are trying to destroy this game? 

Do all that and it would work. Do even part of that and it might work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: