Photo

Stat Changing Skill Levels in Super Pots Are Harmful

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
253 replies to this topic

Poll: Super Pots (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Super pots are too powerful?

1. Yes (44 votes [58.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.67%

2. No (31 votes [41.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.33%

Vote

#41 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 June 2016 - 00:58

Attack uber composing first, when lowered move on to GE potions, when they are lowered perhaps the donations then the192 buffs.

Color me curious.... Why?

Are trying to destroy this game? 

Do all that and it would work. Do even part of that and it might work.

Hahaha - you really do have this odd, bizarre view of this game.

The game survived - nay, flourished - long before any epic potions, long before composing, long before GE events and, let's be brutally honest, it was a MUCH better game back then ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#42 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:32

The game survived - nay, flourished - long before any epic potions, long before composing, long before GE events and, let's be brutally honest, it was a MUCH better game back then ...

High player base...More challenge...Lower player base...Less challenge... HMMMM. Not that it really matters to me. If it wasn't for my guild i'd be LONG LONG LONG LONGGGG GONE.

Guess you can say i've finally boarded Mr. Doom's ship. Say we are trying to destroy the game or whatever. But at one point we were pretty passionate about this game.

Edited by EpicPiety, 12 June 2016 - 01:34.

#43 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:35

... That is not to say a new critter could not be introduced that makes composing powered skills irrelevant?

I actually "liked" the post that the above was a part of. I simply wanted to emphasize this part. 

I would love to see that. 

A big "argument" about composing pots is that it means people don't think, I don't believe people want to think.

Again, this is not my response to this post... I just had to give a thumbs up. ,oP

#44 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:42

But at one point we were pretty passionate about this game.

Is that oxymoronic? You're bothering in your free time to post... 

I can't speak for you Epic, but... well, let's not go there. Whatever I say might be misinterpreted. 

You're here, you're posting. Indeed, for whatever reason, I have to take you at face value. You may not be AS passionate about the game as before.

Me? I'm still passionate about it... if I wasn't, I'd stop playing... and I'd probably stop posting here in the forum. The latter might please some, lmao. 

#45 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:19

Is that oxymoronic? You're bothering in your free time to post... 

I can't speak for you Epic, but... well, let's not go there. Whatever I say might be misinterpreted. 

You're here, you're posting. Indeed, for whatever reason, I have to take you at face value. You may not be AS passionate about the game as before.

Me? I'm still passionate about it... if I wasn't, I'd stop playing... and I'd probably stop posting here in the forum. The latter might please some, lmao. 

Sure i'm posting...But it doesn't really have any meaning to me if nothings done. Simply don't care.

#46 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:00

What you guys think about creating a buff level cap of 192 for PvP?

That way nothing would need to change, the Composing would still the same, the potions too...But once you start a PvP Combat, all buff from both players would be lvl 192 at max...If you have SH 600 running you will not lose the buff or anything, but for the PvP Combat it would count as lvl 192, if you have SH 150 running, it will count as SH lvl 150.

For me that would fix a lot of problems.

Of course, some exceptions could be made, like some Ladder potions and some others, we would need to take a close look on every buff.

#47 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:21

Attack uber composing first, when lowered move on to GE potions, when they are lowered perhaps the donations then the192 buffs.

Color me curious.... Why?

Are trying to destroy this game? 

Do all that and it would work. Do even part of that and it might work.

I think this is at best a misguided opinion. I would have mixed feelings about it happening myself and feel it would be far too late to do so but if it were to happen it would far from destroy the game. May even do more good than bad. Depends on how many rarely play just because of how easy the game has become because of these potions. May yet prove to ignite more passion for the game in players than douse it. 

Would make hunting more difficult again. Checking stats and changing gear would become a part of the game once again. PvP would be more competitive and stop monopolisation of the band's from individuals with stacks of tokens. GvG could be defended again without composing pots equipped by attacking players. Plenty of positives as well (for the game... Perhaps not for you).

Overall I still believe nothing will be done and maybe that is right. Rewards shouldn't be removed or reduced and composer's shouldn't be punished for their efforts to progress. I think this vote will end somewhat close, very far from a majority one way or another and the thread will be locked. Maybe sooner than later. 

I am still somewhat passionate about the game as well. I think many of us still are. Hence the reason topics like these are brought up in the first place because we care and wish to make changes for the benefit of the game. The reason I post and try to give a constructive opinion is for the hopeful good of the game. I came back to the game with the opinion of playing for the sake of getting my money's worth but I care more than I thought I did... Stupid addictive game. :P

#48 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:06

When playing the arena buffs are not factored in ..

But some players are always gonna have better gear or a bigger brain =)

" Well said Bloody18 ".

#49 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 13:15

High player base...More challenge...Lower player base...Less challenge... HMMMM. Not that it really matters to me. If it wasn't for my guild i'd be LONG LONG LONG LONGGGG GONE.

Guess you can say i've finally boarded Mr. Doom's ship. Say we are trying to destroy the game or whatever. But at one point we were pretty passionate about this game.

Lets see, relatively new browser technology rather than 10 years behind the cutting edge; 100-200 levels of content to introduce lots of new ideas rather than 1500 levels of content where it becomes progressively harder to do anything new rather than revise what you have done before; 3000 levels of players to expect to keep growing in power without recognising that the exponential growth that requires has to stretch the levels; highly upgraded players hunting twice a year instead of thinking once a week was a big hunt...

It is rather easy to look back on the good old days with a very narrow focus, and not really try to understand the breadth of the challenge that faces HCS is continuing to develop a game like this beyond 10 years.

As I think it was Doom or Egami said in another thread, the fundamental problem is power-creep in all its forms, and this is a fact of life for long-lived games. Without power creep you will lose your player base as they get bored with players that don't even appear to develop. with power creep you have to accept that the density of challenge has to spread out, or you end up with (1) developers who simply don't have enough time to provide the amount of new content and new ideas it would take, and (2) a community where the power gap between the old and new players is simply so large that they might as well be in different (non interacting!) Universes.

If I were to be brutally honest, I would say that say that a brand new game has a huge number of advantages over a tried-and-tested game. And to be even more brutally honest (and get back to the opening quotes), the advantages a tried-and-tested game have (vastly refined player interface; vastly improved reliability; vastly faster map system; much greater range of game aspects ...) have become part of the scenery, are taken for granted, and so are no longer recognised as advantages.

Edited by rowbeth, 12 June 2016 - 13:17.

#50 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:09

It was suggested on this thread by a player, Kbyte, to raise the castable skill levels.

Certainly something I can suggest to Hoofmaster.

why you not removing attack range from pvp?

Because attack ranges prevent high levels attacking those who cannot defend themselves. Removing ranges would be massively detrimental. It would certainly lead to harassment. For those who don't want to PvP, their options are PvP Protection, or level away from their attacker. We will not be removing ranges.

#51 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:19

Because attack ranges prevent high levels attacking those who cannot defend themselves. Removing ranges would be massively detrimental. It would certainly lead to harassment. For those who don't want to PvP, their options are PvP Protection, or level away from their attacker. We will not be removing ranges.

Is it possible to open up the ranges a bit more once you start going to higher levels in both PVP and GVG? 

I currently have 11 people in my range, of which about 4 are off more than 24 hours.

#52 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:53

Certainly something I can suggest to Hoofmaster.

Where is Hoofmaster? Since he is eluded to as the decision maker it would be preferable to hear his ideas on this topic.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#53 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:34

Hoof is the new 1933 Claude Rains ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#54 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:28

Hoof is the new 1933 Claude Rains ;)

Sounds like an old car, without a little tender loving care it goes to ____.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#55 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:10

Where is Hoofmaster? Since he is eluded to as the decision maker it would be preferable to hear his ideas on this topic.

As a Company Director, he's a busy man. That's why I note down suggestions and discuss such things with him so we can come to a decision.

#56 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 14:15

I voted HELL YES !!!

reason why:

• short version: game aspect I "used" to play, & enjoy has been "crippled" because of these "Super Pots" especially composing !!! PvP knowledge of different setups "hardly" matters anymore since PvP has become who has the highest skills :( those who used to PvP & GvG and are still regularly doing it know exactly what I am talking about !!!
  • "long" version: have written many long posts in the forum & explained why (can read my other posts), tired of posting the same "obvious" things over & over again without hoof or any coder visiting the FS forum to read them :mellow:

there have been some very good & helpful ideas (forum topics), some have been for months or even over a year without any coder paying any attention to them :(

for me the most important question right now is:

may I know when hoof (or any coder) is going to honor us with his presence to read / discuss topics & eventually do some coding?

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#57 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2016 - 18:34

As a Company Director, he's a busy man. That's why I note down suggestions and discuss such things with him so we can come to a decision.

With respect, he's been that since day 1, and he always used to find time to be far more active on the forums :)

#58 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 20:32

for me the most important question right now is:

may I know when hoof (or any coder) is going to honor us with his presence to read / discuss topics & eventually do some coding?

+1

The only activity from HCS is releasing the LE and GE events, and the composing events. I haven't seen much content updates or any coding updates (major or minor) and the anticipated Double XP Event may or may not happen.

And a word from Hoofmaster isn't enough, we actually need some real development.

#59 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 20:48

Oh my, the lot of you are demanding Hoof show himself and give you an accounting of himself and what he's doing? 

You should hope he stays in a good mood when he shows up because if he sees  red like the bull he is, you might not like what happens.

I voted "Hell No" in the poll for all the reasons I'm stated in so many different places.

I'm still small and in no hurry to reach EOC or level 60 composing... I do however want to get there in time, if I don't die first.

#60 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 21:07

Less Hoof support is a bitter realization, one I've been coming to terms with for a while. It's a shame! Had I known better I wouldn't have wasted MY time adding anything to this forum. The Co. Director's time spent on FS directly reflects the game's development and health. So it's no surprise the last major successful update was Composing 3 years ago. Ironically Composing is a component of what we are discussing in this thread. If he's too busy, players' contributions, beyond stating minor errors and flattery, is pointless.

[Signature removed]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: