• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JustChris

JustChris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 16:04

Has it ever been considered to remove or dampen the xp and lost during PVP Ladder attacks? I lost about 2 levels in 3 days to players that clearly only PVP (which is perfectly fine) and have since stepped off the ladder for this week.

My first week on the ladder, there were 3, and the next 5, and now again 3. None of the players quit the game, they simply quit the ladder because you cannot efficiently level and play on the ladder.

I suppose, perhaps, that the ladder is just a more extreme version of PVP, but it's a dead aspect of the game that I think if the penalties did not far outweigh the returns on would make a comeback. 

I'd love to see a ladder with 30 players on it only battling for PVP rating, not gold or to destroy each others' levels. That'd be actual competition. The way it's set up now is just a blood-sport entices players to avoid, rather than take part in.

Additionally, if there was no "real" penalty to assets, it may be an area of the game that certain new players really find enjoyable and stick with. I'm not saying it would recruit thousands to the game, but if it kept even 100 new active players in the game, that would be worth it to the Cows and community I would think.

Just a thought!

Until then, you may see me in a realm, but you won't see me on the ladder.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2015 - 16:11

I'd love to see a ladder with 30 players on it only battling for PVP rating, not gold or to destroy each others' levels. That'd be actual competition. The way it's set up now is just a blood-sport entices players to avoid, rather than take part in.

Additionally, if there was no "real" penalty to assets, it may be an area of the game that certain new players really find enjoyable and stick with. I'm not saying it would recruit thousands to the game, but if it kept even 100 new active players in the game, that would be worth it to the Cows and community I would think.

If there are no penalties, then there should be no rewards either ;)

That said, the ladder as it stands is farcical and is on the list of things for the cows to scrap / update / replace ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 Raku

Raku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 18:07

Your ideal has been debated by a few people not so long ago. However the Cows have come up with a new tournament system they are suppose to be working on to replace the ladder. When that will happen is only for the Cows to say though.

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 January 2015 - 18:28

I agree, the mass loss of XP via the ladder is stupid.  It's not the primary reason I hate the ladder system as it is today (the lack of activity is my big problem) but it's right up there.  They took XP loss off the table for bounty hunters when they lose a battle.  Hopefully under the new tournament system, XP loss will be a thing of the past.  There was a lot of controversy about XP loss in the not so distant past.  Many wanted it taken completely out of PvP, whereas just as many clamored to have it stay.  It was deemed it would stay, as far as I know.  IDK how the new tournament system will work.  I sincerely hope it's not pillow fighting, like GvG, or PvP in the dark like the arena.  I do wish that XP loss be at least minimized for this endeavor, if not removed completely, as this is an opt in competition, and I don't see how XP should possibly fit into the equation.  And why should we have to sacrifice XP to be in a contest?  Give me an entry fee, in gold.... I promise I'll sacrifice my XP when I steal it :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2015 - 21:10

removing XP Loss just makes it another version of the Arena, we don't need more of that...

#6 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 21:23

On the new PVP Tournament I really want to see XP Loss, and also XP Gain involved.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

#7 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 21:24

removing XP Loss just makes it another version of the Arena, we don't need more of that...

And it also makes it another version of GvG.

#8 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 21:26

XP loss on the ladder has never been an issue, and it's not massive in any way, shape or form, imho. To remove xp loss would make it very boring.

og3DxyP.gif

#9 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2015 - 21:28

And it also makes it another version of GvG.

Touche, Vastilos, Touche :P

#10 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 21:29

The prior reason why I'm out of the Ladder those times is because took a hell of stamina to buff up and get Deflect multiple times, for me that problem is a lot bigger than anything else.

Deflect should be out of the Ladder, at least change the time between Deflected attacks to 10 minutes, not an hour, but keep the one hour interval if you get a hit in (winning or losing it).

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 15 January 2015 - 21:32.

#11 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 21:59

The prior reason why I'm out of the Ladder those times is because took a hell of stamina to buff up and get Deflect multiple times, for me that problem is a lot bigger than anything else.

Deflect should be out of the Ladder, at least change the time between Deflected attacks to 10 minutes, not an hour, but keep the one hour interval if you get a hit in (winning or losing it).

It's more along the lines of actually fixing deflect or the RNG (since you usually get deflected 15-30 times per bounty even with anti-deflect active), unless the mythbuster (can't remember his name... maybe it was RJEM?) feels like proving that deflect doesn't work (like he did with a few other buffs that forced HCS to fix them and make them work correctly).

Edited by vastilos, 15 January 2015 - 22:00.

#12 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 22:48

I spent 6 months on the ladder at one stage and lost a grand total of 16 levels, you can no longer be dropped 5 for ladder attacks you have a choice whether you are there or not.

#13 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:37

If you don't like losing too much xp, use two skills that already exist: Honor and Bastion.

Mowjawk has already mentioned they are revamping the whole thing anyway. Why the need to complain? Question is how fast(or slow) things develop around here?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: