Photo

EXCEL EXAMPLE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cremi

Cremi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 22:37

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

*please note I found an evil error burried in my miasma data. It is true what the legends say it is a .5 second cast time not 1.0

Edited by Cremi, 17 December 2015 - 22:41.

5vvcilx.png

#2 Cremi

Cremi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:56

Alright some explanation. THis is basically an evolved visual of the following:

Cast ignite, miasma port onto enemy, hit whit frostbite, following up with volcano. What this excel document does is basically tab out the time in half seconds. It shows my events like casting, and then at the end or start of my event an effect like dmg is sent over to the columns that tab out my effects. Note that if the first column is filled with an effect, like a stun lasting several seconds, the next column will be used in the next event if needed to prevent overlapping of the two effects, and so forth as the events continue to apply effects. This is because a column will be occupied until the effect is complete, thus if you scroll down fast enough on a long example, it'll appear to look like the matrix.

It's a combo I "INVENTED" kidding, that I came up with and then carried into the art of excel. Note that this is if just a rough draft of a new presentation method. That is why you'll see "Enemy Contact" under events when the enemy wakes up from the final stun yet is still encased by my frostbite. Until I further my combo or have other data to include the presentation style sits there. Also I never checked my work and only recently quickfixed the error I noticed the day after the night I made cupcakes and sang carols.

Notice how I did erupt and smoldering caldera as separate entities on the events column :)

Edited by Cremi, 18 December 2015 - 12:35.

5vvcilx.png

#3 Cremi

Cremi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:08

But why at the end or start of an event is the effect applied? Well an event block for an instant cast is 1 second. You may not cast until 1 second after the instant cast, thus that column is occupied for a second, much like my ability to cast. The one second cast spell will also take up a 1 second block. The difference is the 1 second block is filled with my casting timer, not my global cooldown timer. So effects for instant casts and 1 second casts apply at different times, for an instant cast its right away and for a 1 second cast its after 1 second. To represent this, where an instant cast and a 1 second cast both appear the same as a block, I use a "0" either before the event description or after. Example is "Miasma 0" or "0 Ingite". This helps me materialize better and aids in the speed of the project. So now the blocks of the 2 spell types, with the aided description, differs.

Edited by Cremi, 18 December 2015 - 12:17.

5vvcilx.png

#4 Cremi

Cremi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 13:32

ok I completed my look at miasma as required and its an interesting spell it does a .5 second cast then a self timer is applied for .25 as you fade out (the occupied action timer) and upon completion of that you appear at the new location .75 seconds after start of cast old information you have .25 seconds before you can cast because of 1 second cd I used to call it basically a .75 sec cast.

REminder this is not WoW I'll re excel soon but I will most likely jump out of excel finally and back into the exploring of the spec options as the primary pursuit.

Edited by Cremi, 18 December 2015 - 13:37.

5vvcilx.png

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: