9 replies to this topic

#1 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 13:20

This pickaxe will not stay equipped in hand.  It equips on the right or left arm instead on female characters.  My friend has same pickaxe (male character) and his stays equipped. 

Also, I cannot keep essence equipped because it goes where my crossbow equips and un-equips the crossbow every time.

Can you please fix?  Its pretty annoying not to be able to heal myself and having the pickaxe un-equip.

Edited by Sage, 16 December 2013 - 13:21.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#2 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 13:30

this is my setup raven.

8i3A4cZ.png

5SxyiiF.png

Edited by sdcrichy, 16 December 2013 - 13:31.

#3 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 13:36

Thank you sd, it looks same except my bow is in hand not on arm.  You mine with me so you see my pickaxe un-equipping each time I hit an ore.  Your essence is equipped in same place as my bow also, but un-equips to use the crossbow.  Everyone says rangers cannot heal others (very good anyway, get called a noob a lot LOL )  I think I heal others like 45 hitpoints without essence which is like no help to them at all or me really.

Edited by Sage, 16 December 2013 - 13:37.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#4 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 16 December 2013 - 13:46

I think there is some confusion here:

• The Essence and the Crossbow are ranged slot equipment.   They are mutually exclusive.
  • Most pickaxes are two-handed implements, occupying both left and right slots.  That one is not, and so can be used in either the left or right slot, and the knife in the other.
  • While the essence adds some spell DPS and stats, you spell healing (or lack thereof) is not based on having an essence equipped.  It depends on your overall spell ability (i.e. sorcery).

The full detail of advice would depend on your various attribute and talent assignments. I am getting a sense you are running a multi-speced toon, being concerned about spell healing, melee dps and ranged attack all at once.

Edited by WowRefugee, 16 December 2013 - 13:47.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#5 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 13:53

There isn't any confusion, SD's weapon wields on right arm as do most weapons and essence stays equipped in his hand.  Crossbow should also wield on arm the same as all other weapons do.  The crossbow IS NOT a throwing weapon, as essence is and also throwing knives.

Crossbow wields in left hand where essence or range throwing weapons should wield and the pickaxe is one handed and should stay equipped rather than slung on back after each strike on ore.

And no, I am a pure ranger.

Edited by Sage, 16 December 2013 - 14:31.

#6 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 13:54

the one point that does need sorting is the pick axe. as she mines it equips then get's put back on her back after mining a node, where as that doesn't happen with me. so basic it is slower for her to mine than it is for me with same equipment.

#7 Xero

Xero

Lead Artist

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 15:08

The mining code looks for a pickaxe equipped in the right hand slot. If you have this item in your left hand it will do the equipping animation.

This item was actually made in error in it being a one handed item. All mining pickaxes should be two handed, hence the animations flicking about. I was unaware of this item until now, so I might look into fixing it as a two handed item. The other alternative would be to made it a non-minable pick axe, which would be silly with it's current name!

There is no distinction between male and female characters in this circumstance, I can only assume you have it equipped in your left hand slot.

As for crossbows, they indeed go in the Ranged slot, along with bows, essence and throwing weapons. The Ranged slot is not just for throwing weapons.

Iain Mair
Lead Artist, Eldevin

#8 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 15:43

Xero, If I unequip the ranger dagger in my left hand the pickaxe now stays in my hand while mining.  But both daggers must be un-equipped. So yes it is acting like a 2 handed pickaxe.  Also, it automatically equips to the right hand so my dagger was in the left.

Also can you look into the position of the crossbow please?  All other classes weapons equip on right arm and shield or dagger on left arm.  Crossbow equips in right hand which makes it impossible to equip essence like other classes are able to.

Edited by Sage, 16 December 2013 - 15:46.

#9 Xero

Xero

Lead Artist

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 18:35

The Crossbow is a Ranged weapon though, not a melee one. Think of the right and left hand slots as Melee slots. Where Melee classes would use Essence to boost their Sorcery, Ranged classes could use staves.

Iain Mair
Lead Artist, Eldevin

#10 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 18:48

Staves aren't something I am familiar with but will definitely look into.  Thank you for clarifying.  I was wondering why the range daggers sit up in the arm positions and now understand why.  They are melee based with range attributes and have little to no purpose in use range wise because they are melee based.  Rangers also have throwing weapons which would position into the right hand.  The range daggers say they are "fine knives" but you can't use them for skinning.  So they add a little attribute but must be used 'melee' style.  Thank you for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: