Zorg

Senior Web Developer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2012 - 15:16

If you login to your account from a different location, the old location will be booted from the session. Meaning only one person / device can be logged in to our website at a time.

For security, if this happens multiple times from different IP addresses in a short period of time the account as a whole is locked from logins and the account owner will need to contact support to get their account unlocked. We do this so that if someone steals your password you aren't left in a situation where you're fighting for control of an account.

This security feature can be disabled if required by our support team but we would advise against it due to the added risk it places on your account security.

~ Senior Web Developer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson | Steam

#2 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 January 2013 - 22:22

If you login to your account from a different location, the old location will be booted from the session. Meaning only one person / device can be logged in to our website at a time.

For security, if this happens multiple times in a short period of time the account as a whole is locked from logins and the account owner will need to contact support to get their account unlocked.

How long is "a short period of time"? I sometimes switch back and forth between Chrome and Firefox on the same PC (and also between my desktop and laptop when I move between computer room and couch), and having to log in every time is frustrating enough, but I don't want to lock myself out.

Also, with all this merging, we no longer have a separate account for the Support system like we had before. If we get locked out of our account, how do we contact support? Not everyone has the ability to make a phone call to Scotland.

#3 Zorg

Zorg

Senior Web Developer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2013 - 00:58

Just click support > create ticket at the top of any of our pages. You can create tickets without an account now as well if you can't login.

A short period of time at the moment is 3 times in 10 minutes but may be changed. We don't mind disabling this feature on your account if you wish, we'd just advise against it for security reasons.

~ Senior Web Developer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson | Steam

#4 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 17:08

I play from Public Libraries and public computers; will this affect me in anyway??

I should also mention that there is a 30 minute time limit imposed when they are busy, and I may be kicked off one computer just to log into a different computer 5 minutes later.

Posted Image

#5 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 April 2013 - 19:37

I should also mention that there is a 30 minute time limit imposed when they are busy, and I may be kicked off one computer just to log into a different computer 5 minutes later.

If the library allows the use of USB devices, I would suggest you get a USB flash drive and put a portable version of Firefox or Chrome on it, and run your browser from there. With portable versions, your browser profile is stored on that USB drive. This will help to protect your browsing data (well the storage of it anyway; doesn't 100% protect privacy if they actively run monitoring software on the library computers to see what you're up to), and also keep the HCS site cookies with you, so that you don't have to log back in at each new PC, just plug in your USB drive and re-launch your own browser.  I've used this method on lab computers at school, and it works great.

#6 Atmus000

Atmus000

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 22:20

Hello all, please friends, could you help me? My account was also blocked, could you please unblock it I love to play FS, Thank you so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: