Photo

PVP Deflect

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 j3k

j3k

Posted 29 July 2013 - 19:41

I've always wondered why people use deflect in PVP[Ladder]  as i thought they would know that people are going to attack them. Cows is it possible to remove Deflect in PvP [Ladder? or at-least give us a higher level Anti-Deflect?

Maybe around 200-215? 

[Edit]

Edited by j3k, 29 July 2013 - 20:03.

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#2 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 19:44

You are going to have to define PvP because you could be talking about player attack another player that doesn't want to be attacked.

And I'm against taking Deflect out of PvP in general.

#3 j3k

j3k

Posted 29 July 2013 - 19:47

You are going to have to define PvP because you could be talking about player attack another player that doesn't want to be attacked.

And I'm against taking Deflect out of PvP in general.

Well in PVP Ladder most of the players use deflect which i don't know why i thought they would know people would attack them and it gets annoying if your ladder :P

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#4 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 19:50

Well in PVP Ladder most of the players use deflect which i don't know why i thought they would know people would attack them and it gets annoying if your ladder :P

I think it's because they know players are going to attack them that they use deflect :P

Cheers.

wil72

#5 j3k

j3k

Posted 29 July 2013 - 19:52

I think it's because they know players are going to attack them that they use deflect :P

Cheers.

wil72

lol i thought pvp ladder was fight to the death not use deflect and them attack  [the persone who got deflected ] back :P

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#6 j3k

j3k

Posted 29 July 2013 - 19:59

Im fine with people outside of the Ladder to have Deflect :P i was talking about the people Inside the ladder 

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#7 ikhaos

ikhaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:00

I've always wondered why people use deflect in PVP[Ladder]  as i thought they would know that people are going to attack them. Cows is it possible to remove Deflect in PvP [Ladder? or at-least give us a higher level Anti-Deflect?

Maybe around 200-215? 

[Edit]

Deflect can be annoying but I think that the cows should just lessen the time in which players are able to attack each other on the ladder or create a powerful Anti-Deflect potion for either solely the ladder or for all forums of PvP (Id like it for BB as well)

#8 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:02

i can't be log'd on 24 hours a day ;) sleeping is fun, tis why Deflect is necessary.. most buffs wear off after a couple hours, so Deflect is the one that can actually keep you some what protected while away from the computer/phone/life for a handful of hours.. tis easy enough to win against an offline player who isn't buff, so might as well leave it up to chance to see if your attack goes through...

Deflect is here to stay, no matter how many whiners are out there :P

i'd be fine with a low level Anti-Deflect though.. naturally, a brewable potion.

#9 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:04

Someone uses deflect on the ladder. You should use deflect on the ladder.

No advantages or disadvantages for anyone.

Simples  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#10 j3k

j3k

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:06

Deflect can be annoying but I think that the cows should just lessen the time in which players are able to attack each other on the ladder or create a powerful Anti-Deflect potion for either solely the ladder or for all forums of PvP (Id like it for BB as well)

it is annoying lol at-least give us higher anti-deflect Or lower the level of deflect on the ladder like maybe 1-50 for deflect 

:P Either way it will  be more fun Without deflect on the ladder 

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#11 Malshun

Malshun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 July 2013 - 22:51

No, it wouldn't be more fun with out deflect on ladder, just easier for those that have more time to spend online attacking others. As RebornJedi stated it's easy to win against an unbuffed offline player.

#12 KrypWalk

KrypWalk

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:06

it is annoying lol at-least give us higher anti-deflect Or lower the level of deflect on the ladder like maybe 1-50 for deflect 

:P Either way it will  be more fun Without deflect on the ladder 

The game is not going to change because you find something annoying. Sorry, there's way too much things that are more important in the game than an annoying buff. Sorry for being harsh but let's just be real.

#13 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:14

people on the ladder always complaining about something lol

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:44

I think Deflect should go out of Ladder, and maybe the attack should be unbountable too.

I've only tried Ladder once, need to say.

And a Nightmare Visage for Armor will be good too =P

#15 j3k

j3k

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:53

I think Deflect should go out of Ladder, 

That's what i'm saying lol  :P

+1 

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#16 Bruut

Bruut

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:38

j3k wich ladder are you in, did not see you in 150-199, or are you not in any because people can use deflect :?

Anyways back on topic, imo deflect should stay and bounties too.

Deflect because the moment a player goes offline and buffs wear out it is the only thing that can cause a miss, if the attacker is properly geared and buffed that is. Also it is a easy available buff that everyone can use and get. It is part of the game use it or not.

Bounties because pvp-ladder attacks count towards smasher medal. I changed my opinion about this as i thought people on the ladder should expect to be hit, but as long as ladder attacks are part of the smasher medal they should be bountyable. Besides that there are plenty tactics available to deal with kids that bounty every ladder attack ;) 

avimax_zps9d2c373f.jpg

#17 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 13:43

j3k wich ladder are you in, did not see you in 150-199, or are you not in any because people can use deflect :?

Anyways back on topic, imo deflect should stay and bounties too.

Deflect because the moment a player goes offline and buffs wear out it is the only thing that can cause a miss, if the attacker is properly geared and buffed that is. Also it is a easy available buff that everyone can use and get. It is part of the game use it or not.

Bounties because pvp-ladder attacks count towards smasher medal. I changed my opinion about this as i thought people on the ladder should expect to be hit, but as long as ladder attacks are part of the smasher medal they should be bountyable. Besides that there are plenty tactics available to deal with kids that bounty every ladder attack ;)

About Deflect I don't have a final yet, but agreed with about Deflect, never thinked like that.

#18 alejandio

alejandio

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 14:58

Hmm, I agree with your thought, but let's say you can't get anti deflect or lvl 1600 buffs, and you can only play FS for 5 hours because of your work, deflect has a high chance on activating, so it would be normal to miss 4 hits, then you could only hit the number one player once, and if your rating is 1000 and the number one player's rating is 1200, then you would be left with just 1050 rating, not enough to get the first spot, right? Deflect can be taken out of the game or not, but at least they should lower it's level when entering the ladder, so everyone has a chance  :D

#19 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 15:11

Waaaaaaa! Things have been fine so far. I say NO!

Posted Image

#20 Smpad

Smpad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 July 2013 - 15:15

And a Nightmare Visage for Armor will be good too =P

isn't called entrench ? instead of attack its damage that is transfered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users