188 replies to this topic

#21 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 00:54

Which part do you feel is over complicated? We're open to suggestions on how it can be improved :)

-The time to make factor (If I want to make something why should I either have to wait hours or pay even more to get it?)

-The amount of calculation it takes to even make a pot 1250 Common items = 251 rare items = 31 Le items etc (is there even a factor for SE items or crystalline items?)

*Also Brew master should work on all potions

#22 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 00:54

What determines which buffs you can compose, and at what max level? Also, how many fragments do you get from each item (does that vary with quality of item)? And are there storage issues here? Will you introduce fragment storage slots to complement backpack and resources?

You choose the level of the buffs (up to the maximums in the list) and up to 5 per potion. Those values then get plugged into the formula to work out the Fragment / gold cost.

Fragments won't require inventory space - they will just be listed on the Composing page. You'll get one Fragment of the rarity type of the item you break down.

#23 WS3

WS3

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 00:56

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it saying that Common, Rare, LE, Epic Fragments could ultimately make the same level pots?

#24 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

do we extract the items? is there a chance to fail/will buffs help us extract better? how do we turn the item into a fragment?

There will be an option to break down items in your backpack into Fragments on the Composing page. Each item will be converted into one Fragment of the relative rarity - it won't fail.

#25 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it saying that Common, Rare, LE, Epic Fragments could ultimately make the same level pots?

You require varying amounts of each depending on the skills / skill levels on the potion you are creating.

#26 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 May 2013 - 00:57

will you be able to obtain fragments en masse?  Or are we going to have to click on each item one at a time?

#27 Jashan

Jashan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 00:57

Thanks for working on this.

How will the guild potions work?  I assume that they will be similar to RP packs.  Max of 300 minutes is less than an RP pack though right?  Maybe a little longer time for the guild potions.  How about guild slots for composing in addition to guild store slots?  Then the guild can work together to get items for the pots.  Maybe another shrine to increase effectiveness in composing (IE gold sink)

I think it would be a good idea to NOT have this go with the component slots.  How about the creation of Composing slots that were only expandable through the gold upgrades?

All in all - I love this idea.

Great work.

#28 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 00:58

will you be able to obtain fragments en masse?  Or are we going to have to click on each item one at a time?

We'll make it easy to convert several items at a time (possibly the ability to convert a folder of items into Fragments) or all items below a certain level - that kinda thing :)

#29 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 00:59

We could remove the 'Epic Fragment' and lower the 'Legendary' ones, while increasing the Common and Rare ones?

Wouldnt make a difference to me as far as I can see atm.

Only skills I would even consider making at the Max level currently are Light foot Smashing hammer, Stalker and Shield Wall. and that was if they were of low cost. The rest at their max levels are just about useless to make as I can get them for a couple thousand gold somewhere else with out waiting or sacrificing LOTS of items

#30 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:00

Would be a fantastic idea if we could create cheap gold upgrades for composing slots. Great gold sink ;)

when will this be put into effect?

#31 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:01

Thanks for working on this.

How will the guild potions work?  I assume that they will be similar to RP packs.  Max of 300 minutes is less than an RP pack though right?  Maybe a little longer time for the guild potions.  How about guild slots for composing in addition to guild store slots?  Then the guild can work together to get items for the pots.  Maybe another shrine to increase effectiveness in composing (IE gold sink)

I think it would be a good idea to NOT have this go with the component slots.  How about the creation of Composing slots that were only expandable through the gold upgrades?

All in all - I love this idea.

Great work.

Guild potions will be guild tagged (but it won't be possible to remove the tag). This means they can easily be give to other guild members, but it won't be possible to transfer them out of the guild.

We could look at adding a Fragment store for the guild that all guild members (with permission) have access to - that would be quite cool :D

#32 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:02

Wouldnt make a difference to me as far as I can see atm.

Only skills I would even consider making at the Max level currently are Light foot Smashing hammer, Stalker and Shield Wall. and that was if they were of low cost. The rest at their max levels are just about useless to make as I can get them for a couple thousand gold somewhere else with out waiting or sacrificing LOTS of items

The max levels are just a suggestion - what would you like to see changed? :)

#33 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

*hits brakes* wait, you use a epic each time???? There wont be ones that only use common rare or other?

Nope - read again :)

I have. Should there be an "or" somewhere in your posts? Currently it can be read as though you need the full set of fragments & gold in order to compose something.

#34 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

I like the idea of converting a whole backpack folder.  That would be helpful.

#35 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:03

Would be a fantastic idea if we could create cheap gold upgrades for composing slots. Great gold sink ;)

when will this be put into effect?

We could definitely look at making it so you can have more than one potion being created at one time (via a Gold Upgrade) :)

It shouldn't take too long to implement, but it would be good to discuss for a week or so on the forum first :)

#36 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:05

The max levels are just a suggestion - what would you like to see changed?  :)

I think the levels for the potions should be similar to their value. Using one of my handy dandy Emblazoned chests the values should a little more as follows:

Common - 175-200

Rare - 225-250

Legendary - 400-425

Epic - 500-525

Those are just the stats from that box, but I think they would make a better basis rather than 250 max for most of these potions.

#37 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:06

I have. Should there be an "or" somewhere in your posts? Currently it can be read as though you need the full set of fragments & gold in order to compose something.

It depends on the amount of skills and levels of the skills you are adding to your potion. If you take a look at the 'Hoof's Basic Potion' example, it doesn't require any Legendary or Epic Fragments :)

#38 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:08

You choose the level of the buffs (up to the maximums in the list) and up to 5 per potion. Those values then get plugged into the formula to work out the Fragment / gold cost.

So that will make high level buffs available to low level players? Are there implications for the potion brewing and buff casting economies?

#39 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:09

Available Skills (with max possible level)

Doubler [max 2000]
Light Foot [max 1000]
Conserve [max 450]
Adept Learner [max 450]
Librarian [max 450]
Sacrifice [max 500]
Global Booster [max 500]
Animal Magnetism [max 450]
Keen Edge [max 250]
Anti Deflect [max 200]
Smashing Hammer [max 250]
Entrench [max 200]
Coordinated Attack [max 300]
Coordinated Defense [max 300]
Stalker [max 300]
Shield Wall [max 250]
Terrorize [max 350]
Gloat [max 250]
Honor [max 250]
Flinch [max 250]
Constitution [max 350]
Sanctuary [max 350]
Terrorize [max 350]

I would be much more likely to turn my items into fragments if these were the Max levels. And the costs were brought down some ( I will try to figure out your formula some if I have time and post a better suggestion)

#40 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:10

Will the craft and hellforge levels of items matter? If not, it sounds like a legendary resource would get the same number of fragments as a perf/FF legendary item.

Will Super Elite and Crystalline items fall under the Legendary category, or will they not be able to be broken down into fragments? Will the durability of Crystalline items matter?

Will the level of the item matter? That was in the original thread and isn't mentioned here.

Will certain buffs and/or levels require certain rarities of components? That is, can you create any potion in the game using boatloads (if necessary) of common items, or will you have to use Epic or Legendary (Super Elite/Crystalline?) items to make some of the better potions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: