• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Samurai

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:23

Guys, I have a mac and just starting today, I'm stuck at the "Initializing Screen" when the Eldevin application starts up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mac client and restarting my computer as well. The mac client has been mostly perfect until now so its very strange.

#42 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:03

Guys, I have a mac and just starting today, I'm stuck at the "Initializing Screen" when the Eldevin application starts up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mac client and restarting my computer as well. The mac client has been mostly perfect until now so its very strange.

There was some downtime around this time, the service should be back to normal.

#43 Luke Hardy

Luke Hardy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2014 - 00:50

CURRENT MAC STATUS: **Updated 24/10/14**

PROBLEMS FIXED: 

- WASD keys work

- Arrow keys work

- Delete/backspace key works

- No more auto camera spin

- Zooming with scroll on mouse work (camera and mini map)

- Full screen mode works

- No longer the problem of autorun when clicking off screen (desktop)

- FPS issues practically perfect even running anisotropic x16 with max view distance (40+ outside of EC pretty much)

NEW PROBLEM:

-  Currently having a problem where when walking with WASD and using right click on the mouse the camera just stops and doesn't allow the character to turn. This is very annoying and just makes gameplay difficult.

- On Yosemite 10.10 the client gets stuck at 'Unpacking Core'. To FIX this delete the graphicsConfig.ini file found in 'Users' folder. This should work. If not, delete the client and reinstall and that definitely works.

MAC SPECS:

- iMac 13,1 (model)

- OSX Yosemite 10.10 (latest)

- Flash (latest)

- Java 7 Update 71 (latest)

- Screen: 21.5" 60HTz (1920 X 1080)

- 2.9GHz i5 Boost to 3.6GHz

- 8GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3

- NVIDIA GeForce GT650M 512 MB

- Average Ping 80/90

- No other programs at all running in the background other than Avast Antivirus but Eldevin has been opted out from real-time scans.

- 50Mb Internet

Hope this helps.

*I would like to be an (un)official future Mac tester as I feel I can help you guys out. Thanks Misfit.*

• Post Beta player for over 2 years - those were the days.
  • Back casually after over a year away.

Misfit - Proph/Mage - DPS PvE DNG Build

#44 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2014 - 15:11

We have fixed graphics corruption for users who had a Mac OSX with ATI graphics cards. If you had these issues please try again.

#45 Yansan

Yansan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:20

Guys, there's any chance this problem with the lighting is exclusive to players who use macintosh?

When I use some of the java options in the Render setting the game is very dark, objects and players alike. I can only play if you choose instead of "Java" to "Software". However, it is limited in the handling of the camera, which makes the game unpleasant.

Just an observation, I had this same problem when tried playing Runescape on mac, I could leave all the graphic options at the most, however, had to leave at least since the lighting is not kept in the same way that you are getting the Eldevin.

Some images:

280sggx.png

23mckj.png

#46 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:28

Guys, there's any chance this problem with the lighting is exclusive to players who use macintosh?

Yes this seems to be a Mac OS X only bug, probably not much you can do unless you can update your driver. It would help knowing what graphics card you have and what Mac OS X version you are using.

#47 Yansan

Yansan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:06

Graphic Card Intel HD Graphics 3000

Version Mac OS X 10.9.4

#48 Galadwen

Galadwen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 18:39

epKY5pW.jpg

Hey, I'm trying to run the game on browser but it won't seem to work.  The picture shows how the loading screen is being downsized. On top of that, I am not able to click on the 'Play' button.

I currently have the latest update of version 7 - Java 7u71, and OS X Yosemite.

#49 Yansan

Yansan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 16:44

Galadwen, try to use the Steam client.

And just for notice, the bug about the lighting/brightness on game, when you play with the steam client it's running fine. So i think the problem is with the Mac client.

#50 xaehouz

xaehouz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 13:29

I don't play from steam, had an account on browser before the steam release. Recently made a new account because i don't remember the pw for the email of my first acc. Anyways, I've been playing from my mac for weeks now, using the Mac client on software rendering mode which was working fine until about late Saturday night when the client wouldn't load (I had been using a PC to play during that time on a PC client.) Since then I haven't been able to run the mac client this is what shows up: 

8bb6d267-4933-4fe4-b8ff-a0872e7bbd4f.png

Client stays like that never loads.

Diagnostic Shows: 3d09b5c7-4da6-45c3-b96a-4d8accb87965.png

Now normally what I would do is Play on browser mode with software rendering settings ,but that doesn't work, loading screen gets stuck at loading partitions etc. Can't play OpenGL mode either, too dark on mac.

Not sure what happened or what I did wrong, any help would be appreciated :).

#51 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2014 - 16:07

Im genuily suprised that eldevin didnt ask some people to test the mac/steam of eldevin before releasing.  whoopsies mojawk mady a error XD

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

https://forums.hunte...e-shop-startup/

#52 xaehouz

xaehouz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 14:27

Any help guys? I can't even play :(

#53 hero

hero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 December 2014 - 20:08

After switching to OpenGL java, I quite the game and opened it make up. When I opened up the game it was upside down, that's right the game is upside down. I am on mac 10.10.1 macbook pro 2010. I want to see what OpenGL java would do to the game, I guess I got my answer, now going to change back.

Edited by hero, 18 December 2014 - 20:09.

#54 Yansan

Yansan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 00:38

No more support for mac ? The game still not working

#55 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:49

epKY5pW.jpg

Hey, I'm trying to run the game on browser but it won't seem to work.  The picture shows how the loading screen is being downsized. On top of that, I am not able to click on the 'Play' button.

I currently have the latest update of version 7 - Java 7u71, and OS X Yosemite.

Probably too late to be of much help now - but you will probably find the problem is knowing where to click. I have this problem on first loading the client, and it turns out that the graphics and the cursor position are using a different resolution: the cursor needs to be where the picture says it should be were the picture to fill the window properly. (this is reported earlier in this thread)

I also find this problem fixes itself when I quit and restart the client, and then doesn't recur until I next reboot my Mac.

But more generally, I've spent a lot of time playing Eledevin using a windows VM on my Mac (parallels or similar), as the Mac versions have had a lot of problems that seem to vary dramatically with OS, hardware and java version. 

Edited by rowbet, 03 January 2015 - 09:50.

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#56 OSSIA

OSSIA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 04 February 2015 - 14:00

I have a problem... I DL'd this game on Mac and I was to claim a reward (i got with a code) and it says right click to use.

But I dunno how to. I tried Command + Click, or Control + Click... Nothing works...

It keeps making me drag the item in my inventory...!!!

Help!!

#57 Luke Hardy

Luke Hardy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2015 - 15:41

CURRENT MAC STATUS: (Updated 08/04/15)

PROBLEMS FIXED: 

- WASD keys work

- Arrow keys work to rotate camera

- Delete/Backspace key works

- No more auto camera spin

- Zooming with scroll on mouse work (camera and mini map)

- Full screen mode works

- No longer the problem of Autorun when clicking off screen on the desktop

- Resizing any resolution screen in windowed mode now works without glitches

- Map now allows the mouse to work when dragging the map with left click

PROBLEMS UNFIXED:

- When logging in on the client, my FPS is instantly high like 60FPS+ but then if I go to certain areas such as in caves, in dungeons, the coast lines of TA and look at the sea, my FPS drops rapidly to around 8FPS. This then does not increase no matter where I go. I jump from max FPS to below 10 regardless of my Mac hardware. It does not happen in all the areas just some, especially the new ones released. This all started on the update when you introduced the 'Hulking Cave Troll'. Whatever was changed then caused this. Before I got max FPS pretty much everywhere after the new client updates you released. This cannot be resolved no matter what display preferences I change. My Mac can easily play Eldevin's 'ultra' settings. However this can be resolved if the player puts the display in 'Cinematic Mode'. I instantly jump to max FPS. This leads me to belief that it is something to do with the interface. When I am on Max FPS and open all my inventory windows, this also starts to cause big lag and dragging items is difficult. The only way to resolve the whole issue is to restart the client but soon as the camera is turned in these areas and new parts of the caves etc are discover it starts again. It is difficult to game this way.

-  If the mouse goes to the right of the screen (off screen/out of view) the right click does not allow you to turn the angle of the camera. This is bad whilst PvPing/Dungeon running as you cannot turn the camera.

MY FIXES:

- On Yosemite 10.10 the client gets stuck at 'Unpacking Core'. To FIX this, delete the graphicsConfig.ini file found in 'Users' folder. This should work. If not, delete the client and reinstall and that definitely works.

- For overall less lag especially in PvP and Dungeons and killing mobs, turn 'Sound Effects' to the bottom and mute them.

MAC SPECS:

- iMac 13,1 (model)

- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 (latest)

- Flash: NPAPI Plug-in version 17.0.0.134 & PPAPI Plug-in version 17.0.0.134  (latest)

- Java: 8 Update 40 (latest)

- Screen: 21.5" 60HTz (1920 X 1080)

- 2.9GHz i5 Boost to 3.6GHz

- 8GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3

- NVIDIA GeForce GT650M 512 MB

- Average Ping 30 (EU Server)

- No other programs at all running in the background other than Avast Antivirus but Eldevin has been opted out from real-time scans.

- 50mb Internet

Hope this helps.

[attachment=3614:Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 16.17.38.png]

Edited by Misfits, 08 April 2015 - 21:25.

• Post Beta player for over 2 years - those were the days.
  • Back casually after over a year away.

Misfit - Proph/Mage - DPS PvE DNG Build

#58 Madsmydahl

Madsmydahl

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:43

I just downloaded the game/launcher through something called MacGames (a game platform specified for mac.) In the launcher I cannot write or put in "@" in the email section to login.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue/bug, and does anyone have a solution for it?

- Thank you, have a nice day. Best regards Mads.

#59 AmaV

AmaV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 19:41

does copy-paste work? you might type your address in a notes app, copy it from there, paste on the login.

haven't tried it myself but that's first idea that came to mind.

#60 Jennysmit

Jennysmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 18:58

I have an error while doing the quest to defeat the large beetle around player lvl 7. It says "Terminal Error Loaded Data"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: