57 replies to this topic

#1 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 17:41

So.. June has arrived!
It would be nice if we got a 1-2 weeks notice if any event like this is around the corner!

2xp events are one of the most wanted events that attracts almost everyone online..

Edited by insaner6, 04 June 2017 - 17:42.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 June 2017 - 18:20

You've been around as long as I have, you know they always tell us the week before so we can conserve our stam for it....  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 20:30

reserve stam saved for event: 3,285

giphy.gif

#4 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 04 June 2017 - 23:27

nope the cows are low on milk this year no exp event until they say so

make them wait

5aZzW0p.png,

#5 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:40

To right. The 2X events are not a given. I seen someone post in GC. That they had a lot of work to do for EOC. Not worth having an event. Until those Players have room to enjoy such a thing

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 13:21

So, just my 2 pennies here, but why should EoC's content (or lack thereof) be the deciding factor about whether the rest of us have the enjoyment of a 2x XP event?  As a veteran of this game (tomorrow is my 10th anniversary after all) I object strongly to that.  Players levels 1-3000 deserve to have an event just as well as one at EoC so that we can get close to the top of that hill.....    We already can't have Storybook or Quango quests because there's no new content there for EoC, regardless of the fact that many of us "small fry" have never even gotten to begin them.... Stop running the game to cater to a small few....  there are way more than the 200 at EoC that play this game, as BG constantly tells us here in this forum....and I'm sure many donate just as regularly as those at EoC.   We have an interest in the game as well....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#7 StarCraft

StarCraft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 16:40

Well you also have to keep in mind that 80% of the revenue comes from 20% of players. Majority of those players are at or close to EOC. Not saying this is why but just pointing out that it could be ONE of the reasons why.

sy8HCcT.png

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 16:56

Well you also have to keep in mind that 80% of the revenue comes from 20% of players. Majority of those players are at or close to EOC. Not saying this is why but just pointing out that it could be ONE of the reasons why.

I donate, and I'm nowhere near EoC, and never ever will be.  And by the same token, I know of several at EoC that have NEVER donated.  IDK where you get your figures, but the majority of donators are more than just EoC, and tbh, it really doesn't matter which percent of what population donates what.  We're ALL players and each and every one of us is as important as any other, regardless of level or the amount of monies invested.  If the 80% you illustrate move on to a game where their needs are as important as a select few, who will be left to play the game?  hmm?

Edited by BadPenny, 05 June 2017 - 16:57.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#9 StarCraft

StarCraft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 17:33

I donate, and I'm nowhere near EoC, and never ever will be.  And by the same token, I know of several at EoC that have NEVER donated.  IDK where you get your figures, but the majority of donators are more than just EoC, and tbh, it really doesn't matter which percent of what population donates what.  We're ALL players and each and every one of us is as important as any other, regardless of level or the amount of monies invested.  If the 80% you illustrate move on to a game where their needs are as important as a select few, who will be left to play the game?  hmm?

I think you misinterpreted my response. I am not saying all the donators are at EOC. I am saying a big portion of them are. I am just following a simple rule of thumb: the 80/20 rule. At the end of the day, they are running a business so they will do what generates the most revenue. They are prioritizing content because that is where most of the money will come from.  

PS: You can learn more about the 80/20 principle here or here (more tailored towards business justification)

Edited by StarCraft, 05 June 2017 - 17:45.

sy8HCcT.png

#10 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 17:59

I simply stated that BG said in global chat. That it takes a lot of work getting something like this together. Especially if you wish to make all your patrons happy. Creating content for those who have none currently, if they wish to level like the rest of us. That, along with all the other work that needs to be done. People have won several events. They we're promised they could create LEs and SEs. Not to mention the work that's being done on the app. Many of you who been playing the game now so long whether you've donate or not. No matter where you fall EOC or not. Believe you are entitled to these things. Which you are not. If anything you would think that a lot more people would show their gratitude in anticipation of maybe an event.

What would happen now, if an event was announced for the end of July or August? Would you be belligerent enough to demand that it be released sooner if not immediately?

#11 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 18:11

lets be honest double exp events are kind of a given lmao

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 19:42

Few more xp events and all the fsps in the game will be sucked up lol.

#13 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 20:02

If creating new content is an issue, why not just re-use old content and just update the stats? I wouldn’t mind killing rats again a mountain path map if the stats were updated for the levels. I know there are a select few that read the creature descriptions, but consider which is more important: quality or quantity?

Quests is another problem, but most people don’t do quests during an XP event.

#14 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 20:51

I guess they could do a Fallen Sword version of New York Roof Rabbits... IE rats so big they can take out small dogs and good sized cats. Put a FS spin on them and release.

Oh yeah, and scramble the zone so it too is different.

Edited by Pythia, 05 June 2017 - 21:07.

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 22:00

I think you misinterpreted my response. I am not saying all the donators are at EOC. I am saying a big portion of them are. I am just following a simple rule of thumb: the 80/20 rule. At the end of the day, they are running a business so they will do what generates the most revenue. They are prioritizing content because that is where most of the money will come from.  

PS: You can learn more about the 80/20 principle here or here (more tailored towards business justification)

And another big portion are not.  I'm saying you are making assumptions that are not in evidence.  I am a retired MBA, I understand how businesses work..... that's NOT my point.  My point is that a majority of us are NOT at or near EoC and with that constantly rising, we will never ever see it.  

My comment was in fact, directed at the ever present cow gods, to keep this fact in mind, that a big chunk of those of us that are contributing cash to the game are in fact mid-level or below.  

I understand that things must be equitable for the ENTIRE  community.... not just the upper echelon, who always get something new before a big event since the olden days.  I don't want to discount their efforts in any way, but I also believe that I and my contemporaries deserve some consideration when such decisions are made as well.....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 06 June 2017 - 00:00

And another big portion are not.  I'm saying you are making assumptions that are not in evidence.  I am a retired MBA, I understand how businesses work..... that's NOT my point.  My point is that a majority of us are NOT at or near EoC and with that constantly rising, we will never ever see it.  

My comment was in fact, directed at the ever present cow gods, to keep this fact in mind, that a big chunk of those of us that are contributing cash to the game are in fact mid-level or below.  

I understand that things must be equitable for the ENTIRE  community.... not just the upper echelon, who always get something new before a big event since the olden days.  I don't want to discount their efforts in any way, but I also believe that I and my contemporaries deserve some consideration when such decisions are made as well.....

dont think i can improve on that just there,i myself donate contribute and have only just past penny :)

5aZzW0p.png,

#17 StarCraft

StarCraft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:27

I apologize for my misunderstanding. 

sy8HCcT.png

#18 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:09

With respect Penny - everything ahead of you is "new" - as in you've not experienced it yet ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:07

With respect Penny - everything ahead of you is "new" - as in you've not experienced it yet ;)

Meh, took the scenic route.... besides, Doomikins made me afraid of that last hill long ago.....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 slayer5678

slayer5678

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 00:56

wonder when it will start!

0 user(s) are reading this topic