Photo

Global Chat - Knowledge, suggest improvements and ask questions.

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 May 2014 - 00:34

Read the rules again. It is very much against the rules to use non english in the chat.

If a player has been banned, there is a reason for it. It is not up for discussion. Those who behave themselves don't have any problems.

Initially it was NOT. Obviously then that changed.

Edited by BigGrim, 19 May 2014 - 09:35.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#62 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:36

Initially it was NOT. Obviously then that changed.

Indeed it was. And as I recall, a news post was put up to remind people of it. If a Mod tells someone to behave, and they think a bad call is made screenshot and contact Support. Do not argue with them there and do not argue with us here.

#63 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:15

global chat had it's glory days in the beginning and now it seems dead can you guys like make global chat like the side chat in legacy then it would relive

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#64 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 17:51

global chat had it's glory days in the beginning and now it seems dead can you guys like make global chat like the side chat in legacy then it would relive

Dead? I'd say the opposite mate. There seems, in my opinion, far more players using it rather than just a vocal few.

Cheers.

wil72

#65 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2014 - 00:44

Dead? I'd say the opposite mate. There seems, in my opinion, far more players using it rather than just a vocal few.

Cheers.

wil72

disagree it's just a handfull of players instead of everybody like checking in to see what it is

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#66 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 13:28

disagree it's just a handfull of players instead of everybody like checking in to see what it is

And I'm glad that no longer "everybody" is checking in to see what it is and making comment. The fact that there is less clutter in there has meant it is being used more for it's original intention too help "new" players. New players are using it far more often, it seems, whereas before when "everyone" was wanting a piece of the action their cries for help were lost.

No need for a side bar, in my opinion, just something else to switch off.

Cheers.

wil72

#67 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 04 June 2014 - 16:59

As I see it, Global Chat is working EXACTLY as it was intended.  It is a great place for new players to ask questions and get answers fairly quick without getting frustrated and leaving the game as I am certain many have in the past prior to it's implementation.  It's also a great place for friends to communicate without having to be in the same guild.  It's a great place for people interested in seeing this great game grow and develop to discuss their ideas with other players and get feedback.

However, if you are looking to advertise for another site or talk about other players or complain, this is probably not the place for you.  Keep in mind that global chat is PUBLIC and should be treated as such.  If your guild has a more open policy on allowed content then perhaps post those types of comments there but if it violates guild chat rules, don't do it.  Plain and simple.

Yes, this may keep some players out of Global Chat but that is as intended as such comments only serve to drive even more players away than those few.

...Just my 2 cents.

#68 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:03

Wouldn't hurt to get rid of some permanent bans after a certain amount of time. Might bring certain players back into the game ;)

#69 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:33

Wouldn't hurt to get rid of some permanent bans after a certain amount of time. Might bring certain players back into the game ;)

Everyone deserves a second chance and we can always ban them again if they misbehave.

#70 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 22:54

Some even deserve third chances :P

#71 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 23:48

i don't think they will release the permanently banned ones tbh would love it if they did though

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#72 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:04

No. If you were banned, it was for a reason. You'll have ignored all your warnings and had the privilege revoked. Any further messages arguing this point will be deleted.

#73 LLLovely

LLLovely

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 20:27

I have a suggestion for an upgrade - we need an upgrade to relics that allows you to abandon them. Why should we pay for something we do not want?
Lower levels keep taking them and us telling them not to. They just want to help. Having to pay for them and not want them is a pain.

#74 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 21:41

Easy, take the privilege of upgrading relics away from these players and there will be no problem... What I want to know is why you don't want the benefits of the relic?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#75 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 21:45

I have a suggestion for an upgrade - we need an upgrade to relics that allows you to abandon them. Why should we pay for something we do not want?
Lower levels keep taking them and us telling them not to. They just want to help. Having to pay for them and not want them is a pain.

Easy, take the privilege of upgrading relics away from these players and there will be no problem... What I want to know is why you don't want the benefits of the relic?

Or, pay another guild to take the relic away from you - like quite a few other guilds do :)

That said, an "abandon relic" option would be nice - after all the other stuff on the roadmap was done ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#76 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 August 2014 - 23:21

The empower relics permission doesn't prevent someone from taking the relic, does it?  Only empowering?

And getting someone to take a relic is easier said than done.

#77 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 23:43

1) limit who has privileges to empower relics
2) when someone does empower one anyway, go un-empower it or better yet send them to do it
3) Mass message guild and educate about your guild's limits and why. Have consequences if you have someone who repeatedly doesn't respect leadership guidance.

It's not merely a cost factor, as even if unempowered I think when you have over 3 relics that the benefits is significantly reduced. I remember reading the math one time, long ago in a galaxy .... .... Anyway - understanding tends to breed team work, and if not take a crow bar and Morse code the message into their brains.

#78 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 23:46

The empower relics permission doesn't prevent someone from taking the relic, does it?  Only empowering?

And getting someone to take a relic is easier said than done.

True - there is no permission or lack thereof to take relics, only to empower them.

Unwanted relics -- We've had them when someone had a wild hair and took it without thinking it through (myself included), and then you look and you realize 'doh, this relic is lame' and no one wants to take it for love nor money.

#79 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:01

What does abandoning a relic have to do with the Global Chat?

The last 6 posts have nothing to do with the thread topic.  <_<

#80 LLLovely

LLLovely

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 17:48

What does abandoning a relic have to do with the Global Chat?

The last 6 posts have nothing to do with the thread topic.  <_<

Global Chat - Knowledge, suggest improvements and ask questions.
Started by EliteHunta, Aug 25 2013 11:21

Is what the original thread was started under - I had a suggestion so I posted it.

Aparently others also had something to say about it.

I do still think it would make it easier if we had the drop relic option. I beleive the Cows will know the proper time frame to implement this option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: