#1 XaXa

XaXa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 26 January 2015 - 13:57

Dear Devs,

Please update Ignore list and friend List or please at least inform us if a layer changed his name. One player in my friendlist named Sharky name changed to _Shark, and my friendlist didn't update at all so I had to remove "sharky" and add  "_shark"  on my friendlist. Again, this "_Shark" changed his name to another one, now I have to update the friendlist again. 

Another scenario which will be more awkward is if the one who name-changed is one in your ignore list and someone who you dont like at all. Imagine you and him running like Teletubbies in a dungeon while you two are talking like bff's.

P.S.           Or  please just make the Original Name appear along their names for a week or more.. In this case, it would be  _Shark (Sharky).

Edited by XaXa, 26 January 2015 - 14:12.

#2 3kings

3kings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 20:08

Right?! He is on my ignore and it doesn't update to his NEW NAME [CHANGED IT AGAIN?!?]: Magina    Really..

#3 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2015 - 21:00

I would also like to know how he is changing his name so often. I thought it was meant to be a once off (maybe two if circumstances allow it)

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#4 Ood

Ood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 23:11

Please just remove name changes.

If you must have a name change in game, then sell one HC, sell them for $ only (not EP).

Your IGN is your identity, if you tarnish or just want to change it for some reason, you should have to pay, a lot.

Think before you name yourself.

Edited by Ood, 26 January 2015 - 23:13.

• Ant likes this

#5 Sharky

Sharky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:04

whatever name a person uses, they're still the same. im still the noob sharky. I changed my name to Magina. i think this is not really a big deal. but i agree with Ood. maybe next update, they will find a way to improve the buddy list. Enjoy the game guys! :)

#6 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 January 2015 - 13:21

again, another suggestion that alot of people wanted

The world is cruel...as will I....

#7 Tom92

Tom92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 15:02

I would also like to know how he is changing his name so often. I thought it was meant to be a once off (maybe two if circumstances allow it)

Sharky > _Shark > Magina

Pretty sure that is 2 changes?

#8 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:41

tbh until hc has some rule about name changes not sure what the big deal is.  if you want to try to change your name like sharky did just send a request to them.  if your that curious why he was able to change it once and then again why not just ask him?

I know he was just an example of name change for discussion but it's not against the rules or he wouldn't have been able to do it so until hc makes some sort of rule one can just request for themselves if they wish.  js :)

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#9 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 21:25

I changed my name twice
Icecrvtxr666>icecrafter213>HolyGhost
I asked for another change aswell

#10 XaXa

XaXa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:50

I'm just saying that if a player changed their names, most of the people should be informed or just make the friend/ignore list update. What if a scammer changed his name? We wouldn't even know.

• KeS likes this

#11 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:51

I'm just saying that if a player changed their names, most of the people should be informed or just make the friend/ignore list update. What if a scammer changed his name? We wouldn't even know.

that is an unfortunate thing in games when someone can change a name in order to scam another player.

however another way players scam is make alts then delete them after scamming and just making another. 

while it's against tos to have multiple accounts a lot of games allow for multiple accounts so it happens and unfortunatly here I'm sure there are players that probably have ignored tos and made multi accounts and just havent' been reported or caught yet by the devs to have those accounts removed.    so wouldn't be surprised if there are some who have tried this.

possible maybe to have the name just show up in friends list in place of the old name even if you would have to figure out who that is if you have a long list of names already it would help not to have to take off old names and imput new ones (speaking of like friends who change names and you don't know yet).

in another game I played if a player changed their name and you had them on the friends list it would just show up on the list with the new name in it's place.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: