Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:19

So thought I'd visit the Cursed Linch for reputation daily. The first thing I noticed being back there... is how the new camera functions. (I don't think this was ever an issue with fixed camera angle).

If it's zoomed out, it seems that around every bend (or corner) you go, the camera will suddenly comes towards you like a close-up then back to normal after you move away from the bend.

Sometimes it does it in a flash that just makes it annoying to have to see the camera jump around every single one.

rU4VBV4.png

So for example, once I'm around behind that wall, the camera will just do what I wrote above.

However... I guess top-down view does have it's uses.  :rolleyes: At least it doesn't cause camera to do above.

Edited by Spirit, 17 July 2015 - 10:23.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#2 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:54

Even worse in pvp. But yes happens alot.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#3 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:24

yeah was going to say try it in pvp. lol   i play zoomed out looking down from above, it's the only way i can play without all the zooming in and out auto when behind something

#4 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:30

This in an unfortunate artefact of us completely changing the camera system post release. The ideal would have been to have the blocking geometry fade out when the camera was enabled to go anywhere, but we didn't build the world initially with that in mind. If we did have chunks fade out, lots of horrible holes and things would be visible underneath.

Perhaps an ignore-camera-blocking option would be a good solution at the moment. Something we can mention to Cowboy soon :) 

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#5 Brioche

Brioche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:50

Bump, still a major annoyance.

Edited by Brioche, 16 February 2016 - 04:50.

#6 ElCato

ElCato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 23:45

If we did have chunks fade out, lots of horrible holes and things would be visible underneath.

My current point of view: I really would prefer to see the horrible holes or whatever. This camera jumping is worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: