• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Elrich

Elrich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 20:39

Hi, I camped 11 alts in the golden tankard for rested xp, all were at 0-5%, it has now been 5-7 days, and I expected all to be at 80% or more. Most have 85-95%, but a few have not really gained any and are at 15-19%, which means they gained little, or it completely stopped increasing at some point.

A friend of mine said he had same issue a year ago, so please fix this.

#2 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 21:11

I had same today on my new alt. I put alts in the golden tankard before logging off, then, when I come back 3 or 4 hours later, there is some rested xp even though its only a small amount. Today when I logged back on there was no rested xp on the new alt at all.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#3 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 22:14

same with me and I think this bug been around a very long time with no fix.  I"m not sure if this is just that one place or it's a bug in how the xp accumulates in any of the camping or other inn areas of the game.  

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#4 ElCato

ElCato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 23:14

I have the feeling that happens only to the Alt in a slot opend with a birthstone from steam package. I have no clue if this could stuck together.

#5 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:02

i had something like this last year or the year before, not sure if i reported it or not it's been that long ago.

#6 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:45

I had this happen too and its not because i used steam birthstones. 

#7 Brioche

Brioche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 16:23

I've come across this problem many times before, and after some testing I think I've isolated the issue.

The game should check the time that the character was last online and award rested xp as soon as you log in. Once you log out, the game should update the "last online" time. However, the rested xp is only awarded after you've successfully loaded realms (can see character, chatbox, etc). This means that if you log out while you're still loading realms, the "last online" time is immediately updated even though rested xp hasn't been awarded yet.

This has frequently occurred for me since my default server is OC upon booting client. It takes about 20 seconds for me to load. While loading, I'd open my friend list and perhaps see that plenty of my friends are on another server, so I'd log out before I'm done loading realms. The end result is that the server thinks I was last online 1 minute ago and I get no rested xp.

The rested xp needs to be awarded upon logging in even while loading realms, not after loading realms.

Edited by Brioche, 24 January 2016 - 16:25.

#8 ElCato

ElCato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 17:52

Somehow reasonable. I'll take care of this. Ty.

#9 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 January 2016 - 22:46

Sdrichy and Brioche are experts in this ever ending bug

it strikes again DX

The world is cruel...as will I....

0 user(s) are reading this topic