Photo

Legacy Roadmap 2014 Vote

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Legacy Roadmap Vote (97 member(s) have cast votes)

Which updates would you most like to see on Legacy?

1. Rogue Viability (14 votes [6.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.19%

2. Warfare Enhancements (35 votes [15.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.49%

3. Warfare Shop Items (55 votes [24.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.34%

4. Raid / Arena System (45 votes [19.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.91%

5. Inventory Revamp (48 votes [21.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.24%

6. Hospital Closing Time Removal (Small Change) (21 votes [9.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.29%

7. Crystal Levelling (8 votes [3.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.54%

Vote

#1 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:15

Ok, vote on what you want to see implemented. They'll be addressed in the order of votes as long as they get enough support.

Rogue Viability
This change will basically allow rogues to participate in the warfare system.

Warfare Enhancements
More structures, maybe some new mechanics to throw in to the maps.

Warfare Shop Items
More items to buy for WF Points, maybe some new items for the Crystal Exchange as well if we have enough to go around.

Raid / Arena System
A leader invites other players to join his group, upon doing so they'll be taken in to an encounter and help defeat it. Loot will be distributed by the leaders specification (round robin, random, allocated, etc). This naturally comes with some new items.

Inventory Revamp
Drag and drop inventory with item stacking.

Hospital Closing Time Removal (Small Change)
Simple change to remove the fact that hospitals close and remove the Avatar Sanctuary.

Crystal Levelling
Add the ability to use crystals to enhance your own stats in some way, yet to be fully determined.

Edited by Scott, 05 February 2015 - 11:31.
Closing Vote

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:59

We need alternatives to vent gear for the less fortunate. The game is very unbalanced. So I vote warfare shop. PLUS STEVEN HAD PICS FOR THESE. = a quick add on.

• MVP likes this

#3 Aaron

Aaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2014 - 13:01

Voted warfare items, inventory revamp, and hospital closing time removal.

Inventory Revamp

Needed ASAP. With the current crystal system it can be somewhat a nightmare fusing and retrieving an ever growing number of shards/fragments from storage

Hospital Closing Time Removal

Yes, I feel this would help newbie retention -  but please do not remove the Sanctuary of healing as it's a part of our history.

I believe Steven has made mention of potentially more health items in the high hp range, maybe even just make the drop of avatar blood purchasable here.  Otherwise an option of which to default to. Even if it's only as an alternate skin, please keep it.

Warfare Shop Items

Yes. Need more things to spend WFP on. We miss the old stuff but understand it was unbalanced. Maybe as a beginner, shift the old "warfare shop" (which seems defunct) items to it.

As for the rest...

Warfare Enhancements

Find a way to keep it balanced as is first, before you add in more features that will complicate that. It's a game of superior numbers as it stands, with the fatigue system behaving in the biggest example of this.

Raid / Arena System

Until the idea of this not being a survival based gauntlet is dropped and this is treated seriously, it will come to favor a few very rigid stat builds. Let people die and continue, multiple times if need be. Their choice.

Crystal Levelling

Items that enhance stats? Maybe if it's stuck to a certain amount so it works like item crystals. Otherwise without a cap it will just make legacy a pay to win game - whoever buys the most wins. Needs much more thought to consider at this point.

Rogue Viability

Screw rogues. They don't wish to participate in the gang aspect of the game, they're the more antisocial. We should not be rewarding them for this behaviour. We should be punishing them further. And I mean no revive protection punishing.

Give them more personal incentive to join a gang.

Edited by Aaron, 21 November 2014 - 13:05.

#4 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 21 November 2014 - 14:43

Raid / Arena System

Until the idea of this not being a survival based gauntlet is dropped and this is treated seriously, it will come to favor a few very rigid stat builds. Let people die and continue, multiple times if need be. Their choice.

That's fine too.

Perhaps give each player/team a set amount of revives.

Once you reach that limit, you can do 2 things:

• Players can no longer revive
  • Players can revive, but every revive results in a penalty to the final score

#5 Steven

Steven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 15:23

Tough choice. I personally think that a raid system will be a huge waste of coding and time, even though I know I suggested it, I just think at this point in time it's not necessary. I would have loved to of seen a Plat Store option to vote for too as I think that needs a huge update too. I think WF Shop/Exchange is what I would like to most see, followed by inventory. :)

Edited by Steven, 21 November 2014 - 15:23.

• MVP likes this

#6 Subzero

Subzero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:50

Everything seems great, althought I personally think something not so amazing but much needed like the inventory should be done first how can you build an empire if the core is weak.

16gbqxi.png

#7 Yamem

Yamem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 18:48

I think the hospital closing times need to go. I've said this for as long as I've been playing. It makes the game tedious for 6 hours a day, for seemingly no real reason. Id also love to see inventory stacking, Having an inventory full of revival kits gets obnoxious, and having them all in one inventory slot sounds like a great idea. The rest of the ideas I'd need to see in action and see how it affects the balance of the game, but I think the hospital times and inventory stacking have been long needed. 

#8 Lawy

Lawy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 19:13

Voted: Raid/Arena System

This sounds like the most complex and fundamental change.  We need a good new system to add to the existing game features to breath some life.  We just got crystal and weapon/item updates so time for something different before updating them again.

You have had periods of time where the hospital didn't close before - possibly a few months.  Think back to why you decided to make it close again.

#9 Lawy

Lawy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 19:13

duplicate - saawy

Edited by Steven Larsen, 21 November 2014 - 19:14.

#10 MVP

MVP

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 20:00

Voted for Warfare Shop.  Need to give non Vent folks a chance in fights  :)

We need alternatives to vent gear for the less fortunate. The game is very unbalanced. So I vote warfare shop. PLUS STEVEN HAD PICS FOR THESE. = a quick add on.

stevens new gear as alternatives to ventrix

Warfare Shop+Items

Hospital Revamp

Inventory Revamp

in that order.

I personally think that a raid system will be a huge waste of coding and time, even though I know I suggested it, I just think at this point in time it's not necessary. I would have loved to of seen a Plat Store option to vote for too as I think that needs a huge update too. I think WF Shop/Exchange is what I would like to most see, followed by inventory.  :)

#WeThePeople!

Edited by MVP, 22 November 2014 - 10:54.

29p7ybq.jpg

#11 Gilomor

Gilomor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 20:11

Voted for Warfare Shop.  Need to give non Vent folks a chance in fights :)

• MVP likes this

#12 TheEndOf

TheEndOf

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:43

first i vote to revamp the voting system so we can rank our votes :P

but inventory is the absolute first imo

and i agree with aaron on rogues. screw em. only thing i might change there is keeping a counter as for how long they have been a 'member' of rogue for.

#13 msfyt

msfyt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:49

why would you give us multiple choices if you want to see what we want first?

I voted inventory revamp, that just needs to happen asap. 

<3 Zorg

#14 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:15

Tough choice. I personally think that a raid system will be a huge waste of coding and time, even though I know I suggested it, I just think at this point in time it's not necessary. I would have loved to of seen a Plat Store option to vote for too as I think that needs a huge update too. I think WF Shop/Exchange is what I would like to most see, followed by inventory. :)

Way to steal my thunder as the guy who laid out how raids would work. xD

Anyways, the Inventory system was already a work in progress ages ago.

So I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take Zorg super long to finish this.

But I wonder how he'd order what he'll do...

Regardless, I shall expect ValveTime on all updates.

#15 Luc2

Luc2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:01

So, my suggestion as a lowbie for the hospital closing time is pretty simple, but I think it would satisfy everyone. Keep the hospital closed for items, but open it for the quick heal option. That way it doesn't really affect people making money on the market or whatever the complaint is for that, but it doesn't turn off those lowbies such as myself who might want to actually play between the hours of 9-12.

#16 Kruxx

Kruxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:44

Rogue Viability
Rogues should have been allowed to enter a long time ago, as it adds a bunch of different possible outcomes for WL play. This should be a no brainer, since realiztically if someone didn't want to be a part of any gang, how could you keep them from the WL? This shouldn't take much to implement.

Warfare Enhancements
As with Rogues, this is also a no brainer, we need more to do in the WL, actual strategy and uses for buildings to make WL play more detailed, and thus hopefully more fun. Items like this should be released on a semi-regular basis to always make WL play more involved and fun.

Warfare Shop Items
This sounds nice, and can't hurt. But it shouldn't be the priority. I don't see why a steady flow of items like this couldn't be created bi-monthly like other games do. Always new items.

*[Raid / Arena System]

This should be the focus as it would be a new thing to do within Legacy. No content should be the primary focus in this game, to keep players hooked, and to constantly offer things to appeal to new users, who have tons of games to choose from on the internet. Games that offer new and different content on a regular basis.

Inventory Revamp
Item stacking should have been here a long time ago, but something like this should not trump new game content or gameplay.

Hospital Closing Time Removal (Small Change)
Leave it as is, or tweak it to only allow just a full heal (like the sanctuary), no other item purchasing. Players have the market for those.

Crystal Levelling
Something worth looking into, that I would have an interest in. But again, this chould not trump new game content or systems like the Raid/Arena.

#17 Nastasha

Nastasha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:11

Rogue viability is still my primary vote. Adds another layer of political intreague, which for me personally is what I feel distingishes Legacy from other games. It is very player driven and tides can change within every single sub-community. This makes one ignored fascet of the game a pivital card on the table. Would be great to start to get to know these players as well, and this is a great way to make that possible.

Looking forward to Raids and inventory stacking as well.

Thank you.

Less esthetics, more fixes!

#WeThePeople!

www.bit.ly/WTP-Roadmap

#18 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:47

All I ask is balance in the game. Before vent, new players could compete somewhat within 6month of becoming av. Now it is 3+ year. I think non vent gear getting a bit of upgrade using wfp is best way. I think wfp shop should cost about 50-100k wfp to upgrade a non vent weapon to bit worse than
vent stat. Instead of wfp, you can also allow 2 plat per wfp perhaps if short of wfp.

Balance should be most important is you want new players

#19 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge
  • Lao People's Democratic Republic

Posted 26 November 2014 - 22:42

Warfare Shop Items: We need upgrades for weapons and armour to counter Ventrix equipment. After that my vote would be for the Raid system.

2zges12.jpg

Anialator - (War Master of The Chapter - Legacy Online)

#20 Aaron

Aaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:19

Rogue Viability
Rogues should have been allowed to enter a long time ago, as it adds a bunch of different possible outcomes for WL play. This should be a no brainer, since realiztically if someone didn't want to be a part of any gang, how could you keep them from the WL? This shouldn't take much to implement.

How? Tyran's rule that the gangs moved their conflict out of his hive so they wouldn't damage it, voiced through Seraph.

To do so, guards were employed from X-Corp. They are what carry you back when you expo.

A rogue would not have this liberty, so "realiztically" they wouldn't want to go out there, get knocked out, and suffer permadeath due to being left to rot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: