8 replies to this topic

#1 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 17:35

Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

Today I shall present you my guide to GvG, it doesnt matter if youre new to it, quite experienced or a legend at GvG. Everyone can learn something here and I shall make it my aim to show YOU, the reader the art of GvG, show up certain methods and ways to do it and to win it succesfully!

Legal Disclaimer:

Spoiler

Contents

1.1 --- GvG what is it, how it is performed.

1.2 --- What Setups & Buffs do I need to consider.

1.3 --- GvG: My team, my targets and me.

1.4 --- The art of winning & loosing a conflict

1.5 --- 101 Guide to finding Guilds to fight with

1.6 --- Retaliations, defending and making your enemy loose

1.7 --- Guild builds, your defence is your best offence  [Bonus for Guild Founders & Council]

1.8 --- Calculating RP price income vs. GvG input, while maintaining fair pay for your GvGers [BonusĀ²]

So seems like a big list, I shall keep it short and on close point so lets start now! Each section is kept in Spoilers so to not clogg up the guide too much, just open the one that you feel most inclined to read, or read everything like Kittles would do.

1.1 --- GvG what is it, how it is performed

Spoiler

1.2 --- What Setups & Buffs do I need to consider.

Spoiler

1.3 --- GvG: My team, my targets and me.

Spoiler

Stay tuned for my next chapter soon :)

Edited by tuvok77, 21 September 2015 - 19:53.

#2 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2015 - 16:51

You forgot the part where your guild chicken out and stop attacking as soon as another guild buffs their members :rolleyes:

#3 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:02

You forgot the part where your guild chicken out and stop attacking as soon as another guild buffs their members :rolleyes:

Thank you for that response, even if it is slight off topic. In fact it is less "chickening" out and more of a "strategic" move. I will go ontopic on that in one of my chapters, been sick for the last week so wasnt able to complete the guide in the time I wanted it to complete.

Also we still finished every conflict, just at a later time. Please refrain next time of carrying your drama from FS over to the forums.

Offtopic @ johnagod: If you dont want to be hit by us, dont carry members in our GvG range. Thank you.

Edited by tuvok77, 15 September 2015 - 10:11.

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:56

Let's not flamebait in a thread being written as a Guide please.

#5 PrinceKash

PrinceKash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 13:11

Will you be posting about buffs in this guide? Since it's a major part of GvG..

#6 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 16 September 2015 - 13:51

Will you be posting about buffs in this guide? Since it's a major part of GvG..

I would assume that you could point him to Chazzz's thread regarding PVP. Granted, I think we need to get someone able to pick up on Chazzz's thread and update it for the new buffs that were added to the game. I don't think you need to really take the time to put the buff information in here, but I could be wrong as well.

#7 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 15:21

I will be uploading chapters 2 and 3 today... Had the 2nd finished yesterday and will upload both, chapter 2nd features what buffs are essential for GvGing etc etc. Its quite a lenghty topic so I hope the key information wont get lost on its way :3 Stay tuned.

#8 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 00:52

For tuvok's consideration: 

I know "things have changed", but I'm offering this up for strategy based on some recent perusals. I'm doubtful this guide will be completed, but hopefully some others can come in and "take over". 

In any case, I hope the following idea is helpful to some.

Apart from GvG being one of the multiple aspects of FS game play, there are also multiple reasons for doing it. 

I think "enjoyment" should be the major focus, but that's just me. If that is your focus, then the end is not so important. All of the prizes can be used by a Guild that follows tuvok's advice will be relevant to all.

For those players that are looking to "profit" from their effort, I've realized that a little advice might be helpful. I put that "profit" in quotes precisely because I expect there to be tons of jealous naysayers who ignore the costs involved. 

That said, RP does buy items that, atm, are being constantly requested in both boxes. That has been happening repeatedly and would suggest that the RP items used to make, say, stam gain items "might" bring a "high price" in FSP. 

Whether the effort, stam, gold, etc is worth it or not... well, everyone would have to evaluate on their own.  If so, you might consider:

Creating your own Guild with three close, active friends and GvGing to your heart's content. 

There are a myriad of nuances to take into account: level range, times on line, etc, etc. I believe that almost everything in tuvok's guide will help you to achieve this end if you decide to pursue this strategy. If, above and beyond the GvG aspect itself, that is your objective, then I "think" it might be worthwhile to work towards that end to accumulate RP, get items and sell. 

Any thoughts? 

#9 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:16

Ok its been a while but I may be able to upload the rest of the guide over the course of this weekend, if theres still interest in it ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: