20 replies to this topic

#1 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:14

Is there anyway possible one can edit composing templates without having to create the potion?  

...thanks 

Edited by bloody18, 07 October 2016 - 05:14.

#2 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:03

That would be great... thank you for suggesting it!  :D  :P  :ph34r:

og3DxyP.gif

#3 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:57

Is there anyway possible one can edit composing templates without having to create the potion?  

...thanks 

Good suggestion. No reason why not the way I see it. :)

#4 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:11

For me, there's a lot of implied suggestions in this suggestion. But that might just be because of my experience. 

I'm reading "through" what bloody has said and I think there's a lot more to what they are saying than my suggestion (and that it's worthwhile) and that it's all good and needed.

As a basic change, I'd just like to see the possibility to save over current templates. Ie, you hit a higher level, you can up that skill and save with the same name.

Again, I think bloody is suggesting much more... and I full on agree that composing templates need a ton of work.

FSH, unfortunately, once again goes above and beyond and auto-sets the skill addition at the max. Current non-FSH settings are a bit silly. I place a Conserve at 300 and then want to add AM at 400 and have to type it in. FSH puts it at the max automatically. 

#5 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:08

Again, I think bloody is suggesting much more... and I full on agree that composing templates need a ton of work.

Hey Egami =) Sounds like we are on the same page ..but I really would simply  like a 3rd option , the option to "save an edited template without having to create the potion" ...  

As you know , but some may not  ... if you want to edit any template you have to save the template and create a potion simultaneously.... or just create a potion ... we need an option 3 ( above)=)

#6 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:23

Now I follow. Def agree... would be nice to be able to create the template without the necessity of creating the potion. Apologies... I didn't "get it" earlier.

I especially agree that the option needs to be added because you can't do caca if you're creating pots already.

Liked. Thanks for bringing it up bloody. 

#7 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:01

Hey Egami =) Sounds like we are on the same page ..but I really would simply  like a 3rd option , the option to "save an edited template without having to create the potion" ...  

As you know , but some may not  ... if you want to edit any template you have to save the template and create a potion simultaneously.... or just create a potion ... we need an option 3 ( above)=)

I fully agree, bloody, but there are a couple of extras that go with that.

(1) be able to save to the same name (probably with an "are you sure" box): at present, if you want to upgrade a potion (e.g. you now have higher levels available) you either need to

• have a blank composing recipe slot available so that you can "use" and existing recipe, edit it, and save to a new name *before* being able to delete the old one, or
  • to delete the old to begin with, and then hope you remember to recreate the whole thing properly (I lost count of the number of times when I did this that I forgot to change the duration, or included a buff that was meant to go in a different combination, or ... ).

(2) Be able to view and edit your recipes while all your composing slots are already in action. At present, you have to be able to compose a potion in order to be able to even see what your recipes are --- or see how much each will cost you in gold and frags to make your next potion.

#8 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 17:19

to delete the old to begin with, and then hope you remember to recreate the whole thing properly (I lost count of the number of times when I did this that I forgot to change the duration, or included a buff that was meant to go in a different combination, or ... ).

May be a wee bit off topic and I agree with row's point. Just thought a suggestion here would be useful.

What I do is open two tabs with composing, I select Use for the "old pot". I update the new skill level. 

Then I go to the other tab and delete the pot. 

Then I go back to the updated tab and save it with the same name.

Totally inefficient and what-have-you. Only put this here in case it helps players in the current situation.

Def would hope that this whole process gets better.

#9 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:00

As long as we're on the subject, I would like composing pots in my BP to be ordered alphabetically based on the name I give them, rather than what seems to be the case of ordered by an internal item ID number.

That and an increase to a 40-character limit on composing pot names. Some game items have names that long so it shouldn't break things.

#10 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 November 2016 - 13:31

Composing is such a nice addition to the game that there are so many options that could be added to make it the best feature ever in Fallen Sword:

* Would it not be nice that while you are setting up a potion, that next to the total frag cost, the duration and gold cost, the earned XP would be mentioned?

*  Would it not be nice that besides the collect potion, you could choose a folder in which you could store your potion or you could select send to another player?

* Would it not be nice that you could see how many free templates are still available to prevent you are making a template that can't be saved?

* Would it not be nice that you could choose how many potions you want to make from a template instead of having only the option of making the total number of free potion slots?

* Would it not be nice that you could simply select multiple skills at once instead of having to pick one by one?

* Would it not be nice that the max number of skill level is chosen instead of you having to insert the skill level you want?

* Would it not be nice that you could save a template without actually having to make it (this could save so much time while setting up your next composing pots...)

* Would it not be nice that when you choose a certain template and the number of potions you want to make of it in the main composing screen, that you can see how much gold and how many frags that there will be consumed?

just a few of my thoughts about composing...

kind regards

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 November 2016 - 16:44

Composing is such a nice addition to the game that there are so many options that could be added to make it the best feature ever in Fallen Sword:

* Would it not be nice that while you are setting up a potion, that next to the total frag cost, the duration and gold cost, the earned XP would be mentioned?

*  Would it not be nice that besides the collect potion, you could choose a folder in which you could store your potion or you could select send to another player?

* Would it not be nice that you could see how many free templates are still available to prevent you are making a template that can't be saved?

* Would it not be nice that you could choose how many potions you want to make from a template instead of having only the option of making the total number of free potion slots?

* Would it not be nice that you could simply select multiple skills at once instead of having to pick one by one?

* Would it not be nice that the max number of skill level is chosen instead of you having to insert the skill level you want?

* Would it not be nice that you could save a template without actually having to make it (this could save so much time while setting up your next composing pots...)

* Would it not be nice that when you choose a certain template and the number of potions you want to make of it in the main composing screen, that you can see how much gold and how many frags that there will be consumed?

just a few of my thoughts about composing...

kind regards

yes, yes, yes please

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#12 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 16:53

Nice topic Bloody, It would be great if an way to create an template without the need to compose that potion on the same time was added for composing even if you already have all slots full with potions on going.

I hope hcs could "compose" an answer here as well about this idea

Edited by Kbyte, 27 November 2016 - 16:53.

#13 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 21:47

Nice topic Bloody, It would be great if an way to create an template without the need to compose that potion on the same time was added for composing even if you already have all slots full with potions on going.

I see absolutely no reason for this what so ever.

#14 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:57

Your attitude towards this suggestion seems extremely peculiar to me. Especially given your 'reasons' for not liking the SE hunter list suggestion. (which would be a much simpler update than this)

That aside I do find this idea to also have merit, based on the content of the suggestion. (not based on who posted it)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#15 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:29

The point is: Save template without needing to create a potion (like when you have full slots already with potions on going and would like to create an new templete)  is not possible by now .... while SE list already exist.

Edited by Kbyte, 29 November 2016 - 09:35.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:45

I happen to think that this idea has a lot of merit. It never made sense to me that A. I couldn't just edit my templates as my composing level rises (like you might do with a combat set, for example), and B. that I can only design a template when I'm going to actually make that potion. I also never understood why we don't have a tally of templates available/in use, such as we do for BP slots.

I know that a lot of players still don't compose, as it is a daunting task to level up to the point that one can make useful potions. Those that don't may not understand the impact this idea could make on the whole Composing section. But even those that may not compose themselves have probably used potions made by the resident guild composer or one of our lovely travelling ones. I would hope they would appreciate that we do need the system to be a little more streamlined, and for it to evolve with us a little more smoothly.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#17 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:51

The point is: Save template without needing to create a potion (like when you have full slots already with potions on going and would like to create an new template)  is not possible by now .... while SE list already exist.

This would be a convenience update just as much as the extended SE log. (It's not essential to the game, is it?)

Your motivations are plain to see, proclaiming otherwise is just an insult to intelligence.

Edited by Mister Doom, 29 November 2016 - 09:52.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#18 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:50

I myself only compose when I want some potions and make to other players .... most of the time I'm not composing any potions, but I know how it is to players that as still leveling on composing how not being able to save an template without creating an potion is annoying and players who compose do it daily, and most of them compose new exp pots over 10 times per days .... I'm benefiting nothing if it be added or not, the ones leveling on it would take best advantage [even more the new players that comes to the game and stay playing the game]  if be implemented even it happen to be 6 months later ...  Does players SE hunt so often as players compose that an explanded SE list would be more important?

Essential both are not but in fact what would player prefer if hcs later, after months decide to do one of

this suggestions, what would you and the community prefer to be seen first?

As I said for me it does nothing as I have free composing slots available almost all time but would help players leveling on composing that also like to make new templates based on the new buffs they unlocked to be able to compose those pots faster for them or also if they want to sell.

I would like to know the motivation you think I have.

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:26

Hi there.

I'd like you to stay on topic and stop derailing the thread with thinly veiled personal attacks.

~ Grim

#20 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 16:50

This is a nice topic. If the composing templates were made like the other templates in the game, more sensibly, this wouldn't be an issue. Once again, coding development is required.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: