• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 etrigan778

etrigan778

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 21:32

This skill is being pushed to obsolescence within the game.  Recipes need to be retconned for consistency or the skill needs to be removed, as its completely unclear what its intended uses are in the game going forward.

kkh.png

Originally, high tiered invention epics had no such restriction for the skill.  Meaning high profit margins could be made when the skill activates on expensive components.  This seemed to reinforce the original intentions of the skill.

new epic.png

Now we get to the newer epics, including the tiered versions, which all exclude the skill from being activated.  I guess the intent has changed to remove the skill from being able to save highly expensive items, in order to keep them rare and sought after for the sake of game economy.  So maybe inventor 2 is only supposed to be used as a quality-of-life buff for inventing low rarity items and potions, like saving the odd bloodbloom extract every now and again?  This would be fine, if it was consistent between 'high value' recipes; but as we can see, that is not the case.

bard rope.png

NOPE!  It seems even something as ubiquitous as bard extracts is out of the range for the likes of inventor 2.  So, what is the purpose of this skill in the game's future?  All new recipes seem to carry this restriction.  There needs to be clear consistency or intent behind these restrictions.  Otherwise, the buff simply doesn't have a place in the game.  I'm actually shocked this buff is still allowed to activate on thieves' guild event recipes; maybe that's the only home for this poor skill.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 September 2022 - 23:03

It does seem to be having less and less use, that's for sure.

I agree that it shouldn't work on epics - but that horse has long since bolted anyways - massive profits were made on the likes of dragonbane by some

Other stuff ? - ESPECIALLY expensive quests, for instance, it SHOULD work

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 etrigan778

etrigan778

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 01:12

Welp; both of the new epic recipes allow inventor 2!!  I'll be damned, maybe someone is listening here.  Now if only it would work on some quest items too.

4kK3XVH.pngtzCjjea.png

#4 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 October 2022 - 00:10

There are recipes out there that do not make it to the "extreme high chance of invent success" and having Inv II active gives hope some of the components will be saved when first attempts fails...especially when there are many components to farm/buy.

If the recipe is not at the highest level of invent success, I gather 2 full sets of components that way if the invent fails I have an extra set plus the the components saved from Inv II in which to make a 2nd or 3rd attempt to invent the item.

Inv II has its place still.

Edited by WandKing, 09 October 2022 - 00:12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: