#41 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 February 2015 - 21:18

I'm thinking that since it is specific to frag stashes, it would only open them, especially since one has to buy a (ridiculously expensive) key to open a chest....    However, auto frag frags everything, even quest-only type items, which aren't supposed to be fraggable at all, so, who knows?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#42 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:19

Btw, one thing I've always wondered... does auto-open just work on the drops?

I've always wondered what would happen if I opened a chest with one in it... Kind of hope that's protected.

I don't know how it handles that. The few chests I've opened, I've made sure I have the "auto-open frag stashes" option disabled before using the chest key, just in case. Perhaps Mr. Grim could tell us for sure. :)

#43 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:33

Btw, one thing I've always wondered... does auto-open just work on the drops?

The function simply targets Frag Stashes as a whole, whether Global or from the Realm Chests.

Auto frag frags everything, even quest-only type items, which aren't supposed to be fraggable at all, so, who knows?

If a non Fraggable item is dropped and is within the Auto Frag settings you have set up, they are simply discarded, not fragged.

I'll be asking to get that sorted though, as it's not exactly idea in my eyes.

#44 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 15:46

The function simply targets Frag Stashes as a whole, whether Global or from the Realm Chests.

If a non Fraggable item is dropped and is within the Auto Frag settings you have set up, they are simply discarded, not fragged.

I'll be asking to get that sorted though, as it's not exactly idea in my eyes.

Imma check.... I think they frag... I'll keep a count next time I hunt...  Yeah, I know, I gotta see it for myself... no need to dust off hooftest for it....

Edited by BadPenny, 25 February 2015 - 15:46.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#45 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 21:48

BG is right on this one. Enabling the auto frag on a non-fragable  (is that even a word???) item is the same as clicking the red "x" on the combat display to discard an item.  It does not frag them it just discards them.

Edited by Rocknoor, 26 February 2015 - 21:51.

#46 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 19:20

That's what I was afraid of...

However, I can personally say that I recently opened a chest, the frag stash went into my item mailbox. When I grabbed it from the Item Mailbox. It did "not" auto-frag. 

This is a good thing, hehe. However, I will double-double check that. 

#47 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 18:25

As of the date of this post, I no longer “plan” on updating this thread. That does NOT by any means imply that I won’t and there is good advice in here that doesn’t, in my opinion, particularly pertain to the “goal” for its creation. That does not in anyway mean that it’s not helpful, but some of the info contained herein has NOT been included.

Again, I was trying to keep it as basic as possible. That’s a complicated task considering how the game involves. For the moment, it’s pinned, we’ll see.

There are really only a couple of things I’d request:

From HCS:

This is my bad. I no longer remember the official announcement on the minimum area for global creatures. I’d like to add that in.

10x10? Along those lines, it “might” be interesting to make the areas “clearer” in the Official Guide. Not a priority at all for me though. Just a thought.

From players:

On the above, I think all the areas listed are kosher. If there is any error on that, let me know IN GAME.

If you find any grammatical errors in the original post, please let me know. I took a long time today to update and reorganize the post to make it more… “fluid”. My brain at this point is too fried to review it, lmao.

Any helpful critiques on that would be great… please keep it in the thread though ,oP

At higher levels, it might be handy to know about other areas that are small and good for this. Though porting to a spot isn’t a hard task, I myself have lost levels and, hey, when you are all level 4,000… a 2,500 area level would help for someone that is “there”.

Most importantly, please remember that these are all FS community events. My goal in creating this thread was to help EVERYONE and help the FS community. Period.

If you find this thread interesting in that light… please “like” it. But more importantly, please pass it on, advertise it in your bio, bookmark it for later use or whatever.  

Finally: though the initiative on this thread was mine, the final result is NOT, by any means, something that should be credited solely to myself. I’ve tried in the initial post to credit those players that gave their input on key issues. I’m certain I’ve missed people… but, regardless, I’d like to remind players that this thread was created based on an idea that knowledge not shared is useless. For me at least, this was an FS Community effort. I only hope that it continues to be useful to that same community for time to come.

Prosperous smacking! (o0

#48 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:15

10 x 10 is correct. Bear in mind, this INCLUDES the borders of the realm. Global critters spawn in Realms of level 25+.

#49 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:22

10 x 10 is correct. Bear in mind, this INCLUDES the borders of the realm. Global critters spawn in Realms of level 25+.

Many thanks for responding BG...

I actually went this round to check one of the areas suggested that I wasn't "too sure" about, lol. All good. 

I will try to edit this into the initial post. Right now, it's way too late and I don't trust my brain enough, hehe.

With this, I'm about 99% sure all the areas in the initial post are correct (I never go 100%). 

Thanks to everyone who has participated, both in the making of this thread and in the GEs in general.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#50 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2015 - 21:19

I think we should mention for future players that we have global seasons events.  I hope a staff member will come on here and give us a guide in helping what to expect.  I know the original event had automated bb,  awesome prizes in epic style and pvp was large challenge to stay in the leagues for top rankings.  I am not sure when a global season will happen and I do not want to give advice until we all see how new seasons global league lays out.  

I figured since this topic has not had a post in a while, that the seasons global event will be a new addition.  Thank you for doing global events of many different types.  This humble player enjoys venturing in each one that is presented when I am on.  I offer kudos to HCS staff on these mini events.  Keep up the good work thank you a bunch. :wub:  

Edited by bigchaos, 17 September 2015 - 21:21.

#51 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2015 - 21:43

where do you go to start the new halloween quest? 

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#52 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2015 - 22:00

where do you go to start the new halloween quest? 

Quest Book > Seasonal > Not Started

All new seasonal quests are shown there with their start realm.

#53 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2015 - 22:11

thanks cyrus forgat about the quest book haha 

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#54 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 17:14

I think we should mention for future players that we have global seasons events.  I hope a staff member will come on here and give us a guide in helping what to expect. 

This is definitely something I've been thinking about in the last few days. I'm too busy smacking to analyze efficiently. 

But keep in mind the following: 

The ideology behind the creation of this thread was to give a generic guide that is applicable to absolutely all GEs, past and future. 

I do NOT plan on updating it (for the moment), because I feel it satisfies its objective. Though I'm uncertain about adding further hunting areas. For the most part, I'd want to concentrate on higher levels. 

All that said:

A lot of issues have surfaced with the current event. I advertised and redirected to: https://forums.hunte...che-shamhna-iv/

For me personally, it's really important for the community to come together each time and share info. This is something where BG and I actually coincide, lol. 

Way back when I was thinking about this thread, I was extremely conscious of the fact that it would eventually become dated. Hence, I tried to make it as "basic" as possible. Ie, GEs in general and a bit extra for the frag ones. 

Seeing how things have evolved with this event, I've been brainstorming a bit. My extremely immature (meaning "undeveloped") thought is that it might be good to start creating guides for individual GEs as well. With the reveal pots and needed items to hit, it might be easier to redirect to a specific thread with helpful info on each separate event. 

Again, I haven't developed the thought process yet... but that's where I'm leaning. Ie, thread on Halloween GE: need reveal pots if you're hitting X and they can be found here. Need to wear X which can be found here. Really, it would be a Halloween Event thread, rather than a GE thread. 

The major drawback there is the release of new creatures... hard to say how up-to-date it could be maintained throughout the years that FS will continue to exist. I hope it goes for another 8 years at least ,oP

#55 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 18:05

My favorite hunting grounds = http://wiki.fallensw...ot_Pirate_Queen (level 433)

It is most easily accessed through the Gorgon Isle world area. You must unlock it by completing part of the quest The Bitter End. Other than Global Event creatures, there are two instances of Pirate Queen Blackbury (Elite). Since you have to actually use the mouse rather than the number keys to attack her, she's really easy to ignore. No other creatures spawn in this realm.

#56 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:29

Off topic posts removed. Stay on topic please.

#57 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:02

Just a small suggestion.

With Reckoning, less means more, since Reckoning double the level of a RANDOM buff, you should keep in mind to have less possible buffs while doing Globals, so Reckoning have more chance of activating Conserve (or Find Item/Lady Luck in case you are dropping Frag Stashes).

With that in mind, there is some things you should consider:

Buffs:

- Unbreakable:
It's all good to use it, but my advice is that you shouldn't, I'll give advices about it on the Gear section.

- Light Foot:
It's only good if you're using Animal Magnetism less than level 500, if you're using AM500+, it's better to reach your spot, deactivate LF, and keep killing the same creature without moving at all.

- Suggestion for buffs, without Frag Stash Farming:
AM, Global Booster, Reckoning, Conserve.

- Suggestion for buffs, with Frag Stash Farming:
AM, Global Booster, Reckoning, Conserve, Find Item, Lady Luck.

- Suggestion for buffs, Frag Stash Farming ONLY:
AM, Reckoning, Conserve, Find Item, Lady Luck.

Gear:
Without Unbreakable you'll raise your cost of repairing, and there is some options about how to minimize that cost.

1 - Go to AH and buy some cheap gear with enough stats to cover your Attack, Armor and Defense, do NOT go with Defense only, you'll occasionally die to 2%, so remember to cover your Armor too. Do not repair the gear, and after you finish your kills, simply fragment the gear you've used.

2 - If you're going to use your/guild gear, remember that less items means less repairing costs, and lower the item level, cheap it is to repair, but always remember to cover Defense and Armor.

-

Well, that is my advice for now :)

#58 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 23:55

Great advice yg... I'd add to the part about UB that another viable alternative is to watch your Master Blacksmith enhancement bar. If you choose not to use UB (or even if you do), you can reduce costs on repair with just an item or two that have the enhancement and take you to 100%. 

#59 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 22:26

Is there a minimum map size for global creatures to spawn in? I notice that global creatures don't spawn in the very smallest realms. But I'd like to know if I should be recommending places like Zovraks Den (160), Marpolo Island (175), and/or Mortugus Lair (186) or not.

#60 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2015 - 22:55

Is there a minimum map size for global creatures to spawn in? I notice that global creatures don't spawn in the very smallest realms. But I'd like to know if I should be recommending places like Zovraks Den (160), Marpolo Island (175), and/or Mortugus Lair (186) or not.

From the very top of the first post in the thread:

Where to hunt*:

Before getting too far in, I thought it would be good to edit in BG's confirmation of the required size of realms for spawning to occur and the relevant level at the beginning:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: