#1 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 14:57

Is it just me but the arrows are working differently? I have to say I'm not too keen on the change currently as im used to the old way.

A option to disable wasd would be nice also, i'm using a touchpad on lappy to play and the W & S for moving the camera worked well but now i don't have a third hand to use touchpad,press abilitys and press Y & H

Update:

We're sorry some of you guys don't like the improved controls. We'll work towards having the classic controls as an option hopefully we'll hotfix it this week.

As for haste and dodge gems this is something we can look at in the near future. 

Edited by Ant, 12 February 2014 - 19:02.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#2 MSDHONI

MSDHONI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 15:08

yeah iam too used to the old way this is awkward  :D

#3 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 15:09

Good to know I'm not the only one :)

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#4 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 15:16

Yes they are backwards... very annoying

Edit... can't play like this, running in circles and wrong way all the time.

Edited by Sage, 12 February 2014 - 15:29.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#5 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 15:50

Yes they are backwards... very annoying

Edit... can't play like this, running in circles and wrong way all the time.

Definitely I'm away to forage.

Edited by Ant, 12 February 2014 - 15:53.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#6 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 12 February 2014 - 16:13

could we get a option to choose either the old one or new please

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#7 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 16:15

I'm gonna have bruises... I ran into the castle wall and in circles trying to get up the stairs to the dragon...

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#8 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 16:32

I can clearly see you have Lighthouse syndrome, "Trust me I'm a Doctor".

Edited by Ant, 12 February 2014 - 16:33.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#9 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:25

Can you fix this please?  Its acting like the map is upside down when you turn the screen ... anyway it feels opposite of how it was before the update and I really do hate it enough to turn the game off and do other things that don't drive me nuts.  Please change this back :(

And please allow us to turn off the WASD movement keys.  For me I just have to say I hate them period and never wanted them to begin with.  Changing lowering the screen to Y has totally thrown off my entire game since I used W all the time to do that and now it makes you walk instead.... Think this is turning into a bit of a rant so I'll hush lol.

#10 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:51

Well for me the w,a,s,d is not working I am used to games pressing W and steering with my mouse... Not really so fond of it being so clumsy feeling.. So just using the mouse same as before... Hold left Button and drive with the Ball... I have had to use a Track ball mouse for quite some time now due to bad Arthritis and bone issues... The one part of the Update I was really looking forward to turned out Crap....

#11 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 13:48

Please please please fix this.  Panning the camera to the right DOES move the map to the right ... but guess what this does while running around buildings?  it gives you a view of what is to the left of you instead so you end up running in circles and into buildings .... defeating the entire purpose of using the arrow keys or A - D keys.  Please undo all this crappy wasd stuff and take us back to old build where the arrow keys worked fine and were correctly coded otherwise I just can't play anymore.  Being able to change direction "correctly" and run without sending myself directly into danger is a big part of my game.  This has totally messed up my mojo... not a very happy Eldevidian.... :(

#12 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 14:22

We're deploying a hotfix today with more options for movements and some bugfixes.

#13 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 15:10

Thank you Elle... I need bandages for all my bruises and ooweieeesss :blink:

#14 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 19:04

Perfect fix!!!  Thank you HCS!  All is back to normal for me :wub:

• Ant likes this

#15 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:10

Glad to hear this has been sorted, let us know about any further issues.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: