Photo

More Active PvP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you agree with this change? (226 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree with this change?

1. Voted Yes (137 votes [60.62%])

Percentage of vote: 60.62%

2. Voted No (89 votes [39.38%])

Percentage of vote: 39.38%

Vote

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:26

Hi all,

We've been taking a look at PvP and feel that it should be more active as it's an important part of the game. One of the main issues with PvP currently seems to be the PvP Protection Upgrade which discourages PvP due to the high amount of gold protection it offers.

In our opinion, the main purpose of PvP Protection is to prevent xp loss from PvP and the gold protection is an added bonus. PvP Protection reduces the purpose of the bank and also prevents gold being sunk via PvP.

Therefore, we feel it would make sense remove the gold protection from the upgrade, reduce the Fallen Sword Point cost of it and also add a new gold upgrade which will allow you to activate PvP Protection for 24 hours.

Thoughts?

#2 fs_r4z4r

fs_r4z4r
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:31

+1

#3 fs_pokemon449

fs_pokemon449
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:31

+1

#4 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:34

Sounds all good to me hoof - on a side note, any news when we shall receive new chest items? Also on gold upgrades, can you add an upgrade to increase component space please.

#5 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:35

I dont really use this upgrade, but A LOT of the people use it so they just can not be PVPed period. so if you made it to where they can be pvped for gold you are likely to upset a lot of people

#6 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

nice to see this, xp and gold loss are 2 different things and should both not be protected by an upgrade that is set in place for xp only. Will be fun to see everyone try and justify gold to be protected in the xp protection :D

#7 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Sounds pretty good

#8 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Not in support of reducing costs.. but I guess we could make that compromise. Vote yes :)

#9 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:40

Great idea no reason 1 upgrade should protect both. If you want both pay for both.

#10 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:41

Hi all,

We've been taking a look at PvP and feel that it should be more active as it's an important part of the game. One of the main issues with PvP currently seems to be the PvP Protection Upgrade which discourages PvP due to the high amount of gold protection it offers.

In our opinion, the main purpose of PvP Protection is to prevent xp loss from PvP and the gold protection is an added bonus. PvP Protection reduces the purpose of the bank and also prevents gold being sunk via PvP.

Therefore, we feel it would make sense remove the gold protection from the upgrade, reduce the Fallen Sword Point cost of it and also add a new gold upgrade which will allow you to activate PvP Protection for 24 hours.

Thoughts?

Under the assumption that a lot of new players don't stick around because of being continually hit for gold (which I've heard many a time), perhaps tweak the above idea slightly - something akin to :-

Level 1-100 -> Leave PvP protection exactly as it is now (other than lowering the 24 hr protection fee to gold)

Level 100+ -> As per your suggestion but just lower the amount of gold protected by 50% - so, 5K / Level with BUT with a maximum of 2.5 million, regardless of level.

This suggestion, I think, should appease the PvP'rs (MUCH more gold available for them) and will severely limit those market place manipulators, "controlling" the price of FSP's.

Given you intend changing PvP protection, I assume that any hits made with PvP protection active will be bountyable ??

#11 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:41

I like the idea but i not sure it will do anything at all Hoof.

MOST of your PvP players have already jumped ship and are inactive now. I've also noticed with this game,, you are either a pvper or your a leveler. most players are not both.

My thought is to make it somewhat more interesting..

I'm not sure what is needed but this change will have little to no impact on your proposal.

Also, the ability to bounty someone 10x because they hit you 10x destroyed PvP as well.

Change it back to being able to only bounty 1x regardless of how many attacks. that might revive PvP again. You can maybe get someone to loss 1 level with 10 100 stams. but being able to bounty that player 10 times gives that player the ability to loss 50 levels.. not fair at all..

#12 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:42

I voted yes, anything that encourages PvP in the game I support, also having the protection for XP still, is a nice compromise :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#13 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:42

PvP is dying in the game and has been for a long time. Like KJ, I'm not a fan of reducing the cost. But if it means we can hit for gold it is a compromise that could work better then what we are dealing with now. Not that I ever hit for gold, but I support the ability to do so. Posted Image

#14 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:43

I dont really use this upgrade, but A LOT of the people use it so they just can not be PVPed period. so if you made it to where they can be pvped for gold you are likely to upset a lot of people

i can see upset arising too,

i would say protecting gold isnt what it is for but i dont know if this would really increase pvp activity anyway, those with protection will likely not hold the gold they were.

#15 EvilLyn

EvilLyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:43

i would love to see this change happen. pvp protection is ok with me as long as they can still be hit for gold only.

#16 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:45

Do it and upset some people.
Dont do it and upset some other people.

Someone's always gonna get upset. This suggestion seem to be a middle ground, with the good of the game in mind, and not peoples feelings.

#17 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:46

Yes to remove gold protection one of the ways to sink some gold..

#18 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:49

Yes. Would add more life back to pvp, and more activity to the bounty board as a result of that.

#19 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:51

I wish we could go completely back with PvP to how it was when I joined, when there were 4k people online, and hardly any whining going on.

I don't recall people leaving at all at the time because of goldhits, because as there were no restrictions on it the playing field was much larger, but retaliation was much more interesting and BB was thriving, but with xp loss for losers, and no restrictions there for levels either.

So anything that will bring it closer to how it was when a lot of us joined, for me is a good thing.

I do think ONE thing should be taken away completely though, and that is the gold showing on people.

Thieves can and should do some looking around to find their targets, just getting presented with a list takes away activity, and any kind of reducing activity is bad imo, people already are not present enough.

#20 ARMAGEDD

ARMAGEDD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:53

nice to see an idea that is aiming towards keeping fs alive and kicking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: