46 replies to this topic

#1 darknin12

darknin12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 18:16

Hello everyone!

I'm bringing back 'The Most Deserving Player Contest' with prize contributions from player activeh1 and myself. The point of this contest is to give back to players who excel at the game as a guild mate, friend, and most importantly has impacted the game of Fallen Sword in some meaningful way. 

When?

The contest starts today and will run until the end of the Easter event.

How does it work?

You, the Fallen sword community  will nominate a player that fits the criteria mentioned above. You are also required to include a brief reason as to why this particular player deserves to win.

Who will win?

After the event has ended, all the nominations will be counted and the TOP 2 players with the most nominations in their favor will win.

Prizes

Each winner will receive 25 Fallen Sword Points.

Rules

• A player may only be nominated by up to 3 of their guild mates. This prevents an entire guild from abusing the voting system as some have done in the past. The point of the contest is to find players who are exceptional both in and outside their guild as mentioned initially.
  • You may not nominate yourself.
  • You are only allowed to nominate one player.
  • Previous contest winners may not be nominated again. This gives other exceptional players the opportunity to receive recognition.

Past Winners

• ​Feralnoob
  • Mowglik
  • Johnagod
  • Cajunb4
  • Koenvdv
  • Midopa

I hope that the community enjoys the contest. Now get nominating!

New Winners

• PointyHair
  • Badpenny​

Thanks to all of you who took part in this event!

Edited by darknin12, 24 April 2019 - 07:42.

#2 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 18 April 2019 - 18:26

I think Ive seen this in years past, right?

https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif

[image]https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif[/image]

I'm also known as @UnoWild

The Wicked Players

#3 FrankPeat

FrankPeat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 18:48

I nominate BadPenny she has helped me immensely since I started. 

Edited by FrankPeat, 18 April 2019 - 18:49.

#4 Speedle

Speedle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Chile

Posted 18 April 2019 - 18:54

I want to nominate HiddnNinja

#5 darknin12

darknin12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 19:11

I want to nominate HiddnNinja

Please be sure to provide reasoning for the nomination.

I think Ive seen this in years past, right?

Yes, I've done it in the past.

#6 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 19:24

pointyhair - for keeping FSH working ... the most underpaid staff member of HCS IMO

#7 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 18 April 2019 - 19:37

pointyhair - for keeping FSH working ... the most underpaid staff member of HCS IMO

yep think i may have to agree with duktayp ,fsh would be dead without them

5aZzW0p.png,

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2019 - 20:38

I'll nominate PointyHair too - for the same reason, FSH

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 22:17

Surprised PointyHair hasn't won previously.  I'll also add my nomination for him.

Screenshot everything!

#10 whydoiplay

whydoiplay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:15

My vote is split between two players that has helped me personally. Everyone is voting for the person that has helped contribute and fixed the FSH but I don't use the Fallensword helper :)

My vote is for activeh1, the reason for this is simply because he completed a bounty I setup for 222 Fallensword Points. I was trying to figure out how much to set for a bounty for someone who had smashed me and I used 222 as a starting point to see what's the lowest possible amount to set, but I didn't notice it was set to FSP reward so the 222 random number went through and the bounty was up for that amount. 

Activeh1 not only smash my bounty but he returned the bounty prize. Very kind of him and I will never forget that :)

In other notes, I think I set up the highest bounty ever in the game and Activeh1 holds the title for completing the highest valued bounty in the game for 222 fsp.

P.S. there were at least 5-8 people trying to get that bounty xP

#11 Rigger

Rigger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 13:17

I want to nominate Tehmelons. When I came back to the game earlier this year, a lot had changed. He made the transition back into it super smooth. Gave me guidance on all the new sets, for leveling and PvP. He also taught me the basics on buffs when I got into PvP, when to use each one, etc.  Even now, whenever I have questions - I usually shoot them to him first and he answers almost immediately and is always friendly about it :)

#12 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 16:45

pointyhair also showed us how to hide the discord box:

if you want to hide the discord box you can add

#minibox-discord {display: none;}

to your theme

Edited by duktayp, 19 April 2019 - 16:45.

#13 BigRedJ

BigRedJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 April 2019 - 21:04

I nominate Undjuvion.  He is ALWAYS logged on and has answers to all questions...maybe not the correct answers all the time...but answers none the less.

#14 fishboy95

fishboy95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 21:12

Surprised PointyHair hasn't won previously.  I'll also add my nomination for him.

I would like to nominate PointyHair as well. He is the ultimate fallensword helper helper. xD

But seriously, thank you PointyHair for the hard work you put into fsh.

#15 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 22:20

I would like to nominate cucubaubau.

A good personal friend and a truly kind and generous player. Knowing all the ways in which he provides for his guild I applaud his commitment to supporting his guild in every aspect. I suspect few dedicate such time and resources in this way.

One of the most genuinely nice people I have met here playing the game. :)

#16 logo5474

logo5474

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 00:27

cucubaubau

#17 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:07

I would like to nominate Rome115, his tireless efforts at helping others and making the game fun again is probably why I am still here.

#18 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:14

Guest#655240 is my nomination. Without his or her tireless efforts today, we may never have known what it was like to experience the majesty of being guest#655240. Already in a guild and without a doubt the most game changing player we will have ever known since the time has closed its doors on guest#112567.

Or BigGrim, without whose tireless efforts working day and night on this game we wouldn't have what we do today. Not only is he responsible for guest#655240 being able to play this game but he can also join arenas knowing that the game has updated with the times and player base and that he will be able to hunt and slaughter quangos like his ancestors once did, in a land that time forgot. And certainly we can't forget that nobodys quest journal will be incomplete anymore with the quangos being out and the epic quest being finished. And with that I'm off to join, with complete confidence, all the arenas I can knowing there are no limits on them. Happy Good Friday everyone...spoiler alert though, he rises from the dead and marks the only time in history that evil defeated good.

#19 Lordram

Lordram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:27

Cucubaubau

#20 Akarinaga

Akarinaga

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:28

There is alot of people i'd like to Nominate but i'll stick with the first one that comes to mind which is Trecar, he have been the best mentor and guidance since i joined this game, have always been there when i needed help with anything, the reason im still playing is cause of him<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: