• PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 14:12

Hello, 

I'd like you to check the "random" loot dice of:

ZeusIV

Reinedor

As it's disgusting how much loot they get... I really doubt it's "random"

And it can't be luck cus they always get everything... 

So HCS be honest is it totally random or are there other variables accounted into them aswell?

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

#2 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 14:38

The two of you are my friends, but seriously.  Your dice rolls make me want to give up on dungeon running. 

There should be some kind of loot rotation, instead of random dice rolling.  You'd see people winning every single drop in ASV (4 defined gems in a row), and you'd have others doing 20 straight runs without getting a single decent drop (only fusion powders).  

Edited by Alteration, 19 June 2014 - 14:51.

#3 Kijjum

Kijjum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 15:04

Ninja need  :ph34r:

#4 Simeonus

Simeonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Poland

Posted 19 June 2014 - 16:26

Signed, I don't think they cheat but lol 3/4 rare gems and drops we loot they got it @.@

#5 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 16:27

It rolls between 1 and 100 it's completely random. Nothing is taken into account. Random can just be cruel and not very fair.

#6 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 16:29

If Alphamale doesn't want to tank for ZeusIV and Reinedor you two are both welcome to join my dungeons.  I'll gladly risk your incredible rolling ability.  :D :D :D

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#7 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 16:39

It rolls between 1 and 100 it's completely random. Nothing is taken into account. Random can just be cruel and not very fair.

Even if someone rolls the same number as ZeusIV and Reinedor, they still win the item all the time :P

Any chance of implementing a loot rotation system on gems instead?

#8 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 16:49

LOL they actually are lucky on rols

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#9 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 17:16

Is it really that bad, over many runs?  I've noticed that, for me at least, loot seems to come in streaks.  I'll do several runs and get nothing, then suddenly have one or two runs getting 1/2 the rolls.  So anyone with me for just those two runs might think I'm incredibly lucky.

I am curious how HCS generates the random numbers.  I don't know much about it, but have heard complaints regarding java.util.random.

That said, 99% of the time when people have problems with random numbers,

Random can just be cruel and not very fair.

really is the cause.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#10 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 17:26

is true.  However, when you do 60 runs at 30 minutes each run, and only win 4 of at least 40 gems that you needed/wanted, or if it takes you 60 runs to get 20 remnants (out of a total of 240 that dropped) and you just bought the remaining 20 because you gave up trying to win, it gets really REALLY discouraging.  Especially when you see people who gets a "lucky streak" every single run (not exaggerated).  The two individuals mentioned above win at least 33% of all drops in every run they are on, and at least 75% of the "good stuff", onyx/ruby/amber/topaz/emerald/opal/diamond/remnants.  

So loot rotation please?

Edited by Alteration, 19 June 2014 - 17:28.

#11 Simeonus

Simeonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Poland

Posted 19 June 2014 - 17:28

Three times tied highest roll and other won, why? You should change that system. In other MMO's leader of party can change loot distribution and I think it's fair ;)

#12 reinedor

reinedor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 17:35

I can't believe I'm actually posting.  >.<

There have been plenty of runs where the only thing I've won was fusion powder, if that.  You've just had the bad luck of being with me when I do have the luck to win.  xD

I'm only speaking for myself of course, I don't know what arcane, loot-grabbing rituals Zeus might have been up to. :P

As for rigged dice, if there are any, I look accusingly at my dear warriors/warsins who steal win all my rubies.

#13 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 17:40

I can't believe I'm actually posting.  >.<

There have been plenty of runs where the only thing I've won was fusion powder, if that.  You've just had the bad luck of being with me when I do have the luck to win.  xD

I'm only speaking for myself of course, I don't know what arcane, loot-grabbing rituals Zeus might have been up to. :P

As for rigged dice, if there are any, I look accusingly at my dear warriors/warsins who steal win all my rubies.

Heh I thought you would actually post regarding this topic, you're not Ben after all :P

But eh, tbh, I've stopped doing runs aside from ASV.  Too boring, fine, friends keep asking.  And it *is* supposed to be profitable.  But no more.  Spending all my time in TA working for my own gems.  At least the glim onyxes I get there reflects the amount of effort I put into the game.  

Edited by Alteration, 19 June 2014 - 17:42.

#14 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 June 2014 - 18:04

Three times tied highest roll and other won, why? You should change that system.

This part is the easiest to change. Players are currently rolled in the order they are grabbed from the group, we'll change this to mix up the order each time. We're also adding a re-roll setup for when there is a draw for first place (like how a draw dice roll is often handled in board games).

As for the straight up randomness, the RNG can be unfair at times and this probably isn't exactly what we want either in this situation. We're toying with some ideas that should improve the fairness.

#15 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 18:08

I don't know--I tried out the theory declaring Zeus' name before each roll in ASV yesterday and it worked like a charm.  Four gems and a bone shield later...I stopped because I felt guilty.  ;)

8TLwd.jpg

#16 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 18:10

reine's fault. :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#17 reinedor

reinedor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 23:44

reine's fault. :P

Says the warsin that steals the loot in every run! :P

#18 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 00:00

Says the warsin that steals the loot in every run! :P

Lies reine! you stole all my garnet drops. Hackzor.  :(

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#19 reinedor

reinedor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 00:07

Ok, fine. Zook got all the garnets and you got everything else. >.<'

#20 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 00:47

Reinedor omg... You take all gems and all the attention of every guy in the team and still complain about drops? OMG?8 :D

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: