• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 ozziepete

ozziepete

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:13

Twice now within the last two weeks I have attempted to Titan hunt. The experiences were horrific. Keyboard sometimes works for moving but that is intermittent. Messages almost every move via point and click on target with mouse plus rubber banding, random directions, return to start point, and just plain not moving. It simply is not possible to get to a Titan even if it is only a few squares away from your current position. Have tried clearing cache, reloading game and reloading page, nothing helps. With over 6 years experience in FS this is the most annoying and frustrating thing I have ever endured. It is not fun and I simply have no idea why or how others are coping. What is going on? and what do I do to make this a part of having fun playing FS.  

#2 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:26

Seems they do temporary fixes...

Errors showing again while moving and when you stand on titan action list keeps showing Moving... for 5 secs or so 

#3 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2015 - 13:46

a guildie was titan hunting earlier, he'd get to the titan then the titan attack button on action list would spin for a couple of seconds waiting for the map to catch up, i dont see why action list cant at least work the same way and it can catch up while u are moving to the titans next locaation, at least then u wouldnt be stopping and starting constantly, even if at the end the titan was dead 10 minutes before it came up on homepage and in logs, unless that cant be done without lag but map seems to catch up and not lag everyone else :)

#4 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 13:50

a guildie was titan hunting earlier, he'd get to the titan then the titan attack button on action list would spin for a couple of seconds waiting for the map to catch up, i dont see why action list cant at least work the same way and it can catch up while u are moving to the titans next locaation, at least then u wouldnt be stopping and starting constantly, even if at the end the titan was dead 10 minutes before it came up on homepage and in logs, unless that cant be done without lag but map seems to catch up and not lag everyone else :)

I think codes and server dont match ... codes running but server still cant catch up with codes

#5 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2015 - 16:34

I think codes and server dont match ... codes running but server still cant catch up with codes

im guessing it is checking to see if u are moving through the squares before loading the titan square or there is a max speed that u can move which some are surpassing(or they didnt think to remove when they made it so you could skip loading each square), i dont think they need scripts to stop people moving too fast they just should make it so the guy everyone steers on the map moves at a uniform speed no matter who u are or how u are specced and the only speed your net or comp effects is the square u stop on or lag at or refresh map page at.

eg, you see a spaceship combat game, your net and comp just give less lag and frame rate but cant make your ship fly faster, the system for how movement works here isnt a predetermined speed it is being affected by net and comp, imagine the rage in one of those blockbuster space sim games if people not only lagged less, had better framerate BUT their ships could go as fast as the persons setup would allow, that is basically how hcs have this map system from what i can tell :)

#6 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 20:34

yeah its a huge issue for me too. especially if i use keys to move around in dark maps it always forces me to reload page then i start where i was instead of where i am . then on top of that when i reach square it lags for two seconds on it. its brutal... but i assume it happens to everyone. so if u are not moving by clicking on it  it just sucks on dark maps

Edited by gilby90813, 02 May 2015 - 21:00.

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 20:55

yeah its a huge issue for me too. especially if i use keys to move around in dark maps it always forces me to reload page then i start where i was instead of where i was . then on top of that when i reach square it lags for two seconds on it. its brutal... but i assume it happens to everyone. so if u are not moving by clicking on it  it just sucks on dark maps

+1 fix... movement with keys again...

#8 Gooner111

Gooner111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Ireland

Posted 03 May 2015 - 20:10

I did my first titan hunt in years (yay titan doubler!!). It was painful going!!

I used zoom out to see the full map....mistake! It kept jumping and freezing. I would have to hit the world button so it reset and leave it at the default zoom.  I also kept getting movement restriction messages - very annoying!! 

Thankfully I was the only one hitting the titan lol :-)

#9 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:50

would like to show everyone one of my multiple issues happens about 50% of attacks i make. i tried double clicking, asking others for help on what to do etc nothing has worked

.... sorry wouldnt let me post the picture i was trying to get on here of my struggle

Edited by gilby90813, 04 May 2015 - 05:54.

#10 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 04 May 2015 - 13:40

would like to show everyone one of my multiple issues happens about 50% of attacks i make. i tried double clicking, asking others for help on what to do etc nothing has worked

.... sorry wouldnt let me post the picture i was trying to get on here of my struggle

Gilby - usually I don't have many issues, or at least I can time my movement with the keyboard to match so that I don't receive the errors. 

Last night was probably the worst of my titan hunting days. I would get the error messages almost every step usually, or when I was moving on/around the same steps as another player would be, the messages would be the worst. There were times when I would get the you can't move more than 1 space at a time, and my character would bug back 5 spaces from where it would show on my screen. On that, there were times when I would be on the titan, yet I would refresh the map, and I couldn't see the titan (my character was actually 2-3 spaces behind it). It would be great for HCS to look into this and look into adjusting the coding again. 

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2015 - 15:49

Once again, please contact Support with full details of the issue you are experiencing.

~ Grim

*Locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: