Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2021 - 13:23

Hello everyone!  :D

The Fallen Sword Team have some new updates & improvements that they'd like to share for the Fallen Sword App, available on both Android & iOS! The latest version of the app (v0.8.7) will be available to download very soon, and we expect the servers to be down until approximately 3PM (UTC) today.

Here are the changes that come along with this update:

0.8.7 Patch Notes

New
  • New and Improved HUD
  • Private messages
  • View creature popup

Updated
  • Action bar and combat feedback
  • Combat viewer
  • Floating message
  • Inventory quantity picker
  • Mailbox
  • Portal popup

Bug Fixes
  • Auction house rebid issue
  • Auction house sorting
  • Backpack deselect visual issue
  • Composed potion templates always saving as guild tagged
  • Guild history text overflow issue
  • Guild tagged items filtering issue
  • Loyalty donate button Issue
  • Potion duration display issue
  • Quest text segmenter quote detect issue
  • Reset skill, buff package invalid issue
  • Skill tree level display issue
  • Skill Tree scrolling issue
  • Titan daily quest display issue

If you have yet to try the Fallen Sword Mobile Beta, then you can join using the links below:

Android: Here / iOS: Here

As always, please feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comments below or you can reach us on our Discord server: https://discord.huntedcow.com

Enjoy the latest update!

~The Fallen Sword Team

#2 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 16:50

so mass messenge goes to old log not new message?

log notification didn't show when i tested mass message.

[edit: comment refers to browser. i somehow missed the "app update" in header]

Edited by michael65, 22 March 2021 - 16:56.

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:33

I had planned to use the app to hunt today, but I can't even enter the level 2532 map, still get the error loading map error.  Last time I attempted a hunt, this went on for about 10 levels before it stopped, then picked right back up again a few levels later.

Will keep an eye as I go through the levels and let you know when and if this ends.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 16:38

the movement directional buttons were removed, this on purpose? moving one step at a time is a double click now.. and if you are on a shop, stair, etc you can't move up one spot because graphic of shop/etc is in the way

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 17:53

the movement directional buttons were removed, this on purpose? moving one step at a time is a double click now.. and if you are on a shop, stair, etc you can't move up one spot because graphic of shop/etc is in the way

I have to agree about this.  Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to use TP? (I could be half blind)

Also, although the map does eventually load, starting at 2546,  it still takes the app several attempts to accomplish this.  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#6 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 00:56

I have to agree about this.  Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to use TP? (I could be half blind)

Also, although the map does eventually load, starting at 2546,  it still takes the app several attempts to accomplish this.  

on the browser

i started getting a "target location is blocked" when it wasn't blocked

started happening randomly, haven't seen yet if there's a trigger

this is me trying to move using D

evqfEOl.jpg

after a refresh

vq2yKL0.jpg

Edited by duktayp, 24 March 2021 - 01:05.

#7 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 March 2021 - 15:33

Hi All,

We have just sent an app update that address the following issues to the Android and iOS stores.

• Stamina Bar display issue.
  • Durability bar display issue.
  • HUD Menu buttons now scroll.
  • Realm movement improvements.
  • Incorrect icon on view ads for shards.
  • Fixed private messages updating issue.
  • Added notification for new private messages.
  • Composing guide available slot unlock display issue.
  • Composing error that occurs when trying to multi brew, collect, discard, finish or destroy.

Thank you to everyone for all the feedback so far. We are working hard to fix any and all issues and will continue to keep you updated as continue to make progress.

~The Fallen Sword Team

#8 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 March 2021 - 15:44

I had planned to use the app to hunt today, but I can't even enter the level 2532 map, still get the error loading map error.  Last time I attempted a hunt, this went on for about 10 levels before it stopped, then picked right back up again a few levels later.

Will keep an eye as I go through the levels and let you know when and if this ends.

Hi Penny,

I'm sorry that you are still experiencing this issue, we are working hard behind the scenes to get it resolved. Hopefully wont be too much longer. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hi RebornJedi,

Yes, the directional movement buttons was removed with the new HUD. We do have a new design in the works for how map transition will work but it was unfortunately not completed before this update. Will hopefully have the new system in place some time soon and we hope it will resolve the issues you are having with movement.

Hi Again Penny,

The teleport button now appears above the buff bar (Top Left) on the HUD when the teleport buff is active. Please let us know if you are not a fan of this change, we can always see if we can find a new home for it if need be.

Thanks again to everyone who has provided feedback so far, please keep us updated as and when you encounter any issues, and as always, happy hunting :)

~The fallen Sword Team

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 04:51

Hi Penny,

I'm sorry that you are still experiencing this issue, we are working hard behind the scenes to get it resolved. Hopefully wont be too much longer. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hi RebornJedi,

Yes, the directional movement buttons was removed with the new HUD. We do have a new design in the works for how map transition will work but it was unfortunately not completed before this update. Will hopefully have the new system in place some time soon and we hope it will resolve the issues you are having with movement.

Hi Again Penny,

The teleport button now appears above the buff bar (Top Left) on the HUD when the teleport buff is active. Please let us know if you are not a fan of this change, we can always see if we can find a new home for it if need be.

Thanks again to everyone who has provided feedback so far, please keep us updated as and when you encounter any issues, and as always, happy hunting :)

~The fallen Sword Team

I understand that this is your baby, but removing the directional buttons makes moving one space at a time near untenable.  You need to be able to move 1 square at a time to do a number things, from sweeping for SE's to farming for resources.  In our browser on a PC, we are able to do this by using our keyboards to swiftly move from space to space.  Even this option is taken away in a mobile browser, which is one of the reasons I was so excited to have the app.

On the app as it is now, traveling can only be done by double tapping on a square, and as Jedi mentioned, if there is a stairway or a quest location or a portal there, and you need to travel just 1 square, whatever is north of it is unavailable for double tapping.  This kind of defeats the purpose of using the app to efficiently hunt or farm or whatever other reason you need to travel.  I would respectfully request that you reconsider eliminating the directional buttons for this very reason.  I much prefer being able to use them myself than to a "joystick" which is actually difficult for my old fingers to use... I avoid other games that require a "joystick" for movement.

Edited by BadPenny, 26 March 2021 - 04:53.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 March 2021 - 09:55

I understand that this is your baby, but removing the directional buttons makes moving one space at a time near untenable.  You need to be able to move 1 square at a time to do a number things, from sweeping for SE's to farming for resources.  In our browser on a PC, we are able to do this by using our keyboards to swiftly move from space to space.  Even this option is taken away in a mobile browser, which is one of the reasons I was so excited to have the app.

On the app as it is now, traveling can only be done by double tapping on a square, and as Jedi mentioned, if there is a stairway or a quest location or a portal there, and you need to travel just 1 square, whatever is north of it is unavailable for double tapping.  This kind of defeats the purpose of using the app to efficiently hunt or farm or whatever other reason you need to travel.  I would respectfully request that you reconsider eliminating the directional buttons for this very reason.  I much prefer being able to use them myself than to a "joystick" which is actually difficult for my old fingers to use... I avoid other games that require a "joystick" for movement.

Hi Penny,

We do have a new transaction system designed to replace double tap to move but It unfortunately never made it into this update. We do believe this system to be an improvement and will allow for easy transition without the thumbstick/directional arrows and we hope you all like it when it's added to the app in a future update. This all said, we have had a number of complaints about the thumbstick removal and have opted to re-add it for those who prefer it. Sorry for the inconveniences with movement and using the app at this current time, but the next update will see the return of the movement stick and directional arrows to the game.

~Conix

#11 ZoloKing

ZoloKing

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 19:18

The app looks way better and is fun to work w/.

Thanks for making the action list a slider instead or the arrows :)

Can we get the walking arrows back please ? maybe add it as a toggle option in the preferences.

Edit : just read the reply above, and i dont know how to delete mine. So just ignore the arrow part lol

Edited by ZoloKing, 30 March 2021 - 19:32.

#12 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 17:07

I am facing the occasional Elog10 error.

uvG2ReE.jpg

#13 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2021 - 13:08

the button doesn't work, I have activated it then when pressing where to teleport to it starts walking there instead.

I think it would be better placed in the bottom right corner next to refresh or where it was before next to footprints.

#14 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2021 - 14:42

Good afternoon everyone!

First off, I would like to thank each and every one of you for the continued feedback on this newest version of the app as well as patience you have all given us as we make these changes. 

I am happy to say that we have just sent a new version of the app to Android and iOS! This update should be available very soon! Below is a list of changes/fixes in this update and we you all enjoy this newest version!

~The Fallen Sword Team

Updated
Added option to update saved combat sets
Arena combats now uses new combat viewer design
Buff bar press and hold to open buff details
Group attack now uses new combat feedback system
Message character limit increased to 512
Tap to skip combat result animation
Teleport button added to HUD
Thumbstick/movement arrows re-added to HUD

Bug Fixes
Combat victory chain counter overflow issue
Error when trying to view completer arena tournaments
Guild conflicts only displaying up to 10
Teleport tap triggers player walk

#15 ZoloKing

ZoloKing

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 05:11

Tnx for bringing back the movement arrows :)

And noticed u added an arrow to the action bar, thats great , a lot of new players didnt know they can move it.

When sending a mass msg, it opens a convo w/ every guild member on the app. so if u go to  the private msgs screen ull have 100 open convos w/ the mass msg written to all.

Edited by ZoloKing, 09 April 2021 - 10:31.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 19:16

I completed my hunt on the app last night, and except for having to wait 30 seconds for each new map to load the temporary interface, hunting was smooth (0 lag people!) and fun again. I did notice that when using Teleport, I had to tap my destination 2-3 times before I would move, but this could be an issue with my device.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#17 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 April 2021 - 12:12

Tnx for bringing back the movement arrows :)

And noticed u added an arrow to the action bar, thats great , a lot of new players didnt know they can move it.

When sending a mass msg, it opens a convo w/ every guild member on the app. so if u go to  the private msgs screen ull have 100 open convos w/ the mass msg written to all.

Hi ZoloKing,

I am really happy you like the recent changes, we are consistently listening to player feedback and making changes to improve how the app works. Please keep the feedback coming as it really does help the development of the app! 

As for mass messages, I'm afraid this is how this works for now, but we will review this as we can see how this could be an issue with large guilds! Like I said above, feedback like this does help with the development of the app and we will see what we can do to improve this in a future update!

I completed my hunt on the app last night, and except for having to wait 30 seconds for each new map to load the temporary interface, hunting was smooth (0 lag people!) and fun again. I did notice that when using Teleport, I had to tap my destination 2-3 times before I would move, but this could be an issue with my device.

Hi Penny,

We are really glad you are having fun with your hunts! Sorry for the delay in realm loading times, we are still working on the fix for this and really hoping to have this resolved very soon!

Thanks for pointing out the teleport issue, and don't worry, its not just your device! Will aim to have a fix for this in the next update! 

Thanks again for the feedback here! We continue to work hard behind the scenes to improve the app and we hope to have these issues resolved really soon!

~The Fallen Sword Team

#18 ZoloKing

ZoloKing

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:45

Changed about 3 avis in the past few months, but the one on the app doesn't update at all. Not sure if it's just for me or not.

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 05:41

Changed about 3 avis in the past few months, but the one on the app doesn't update at all. Not sure if it's just for me or not.

I think it's a cache issue.  My DQ doesn't always reset from the prior day either.

Edited by BadPenny, 03 May 2021 - 05:42.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 15:02

HUD is out of sync

Restarting in x seconds

Can you stop this from happening so often please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: