• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 agathos23

agathos23

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:41

I've been in this game a little over 2 years now and to some extent it has become a part of my daily life.  What draws me to the game is not really the wasteland even though I have consistently been among the weekly top 10 in wfps (that's mostly due to my ability to access the game while I'm at work).  It is the community of gamers that I have become a part of that draws me to the game.  I have made friends across all the gangs and it's been an enriching experience for me.  We may beat each other up in WL, trash talk about it, etc.  But that's just like when I hang out with friends at the park and we divide into teams and play basketball.  During the game we're gonna beat each other up and try to win of course.  At the end of it, we'd all end up at the bar, have a brew, and enjoy the friendships and the company.  That's the feeling that I get when I'm in Legacy.

I'd certainly would be bummed out if Legacy would "vanish" and lose the community we've developed.  Like many have expressed here, the lack of support and the slow pace of updates from HCS have been frustrating and affecting the growth of the game.  I really do hope that HCS would be much more responsive.

Edited by agathos23, 10 September 2014 - 12:44.

#42 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge
  • Lao People's Democratic Republic

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:17

So I hear Hoofmaster is back in the office today, if it's true that Andrew is the only one with the authority to respond to this issue I should hope it will be done so promptly. Our community is rather agitated for the lack of staff response.

2zges12.jpg

Anialator - (War Master of The Chapter - Legacy Online)

#43 bboysilent

bboysilent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 September 2014 - 13:34

So I hear Hoofmaster is back in the office today, if it's true that Andrew is the only one with the authority to respond to this issue I should hope it will be done so promptly. Our community is rather agitated for the lack of staff response.

I am one to be disappointed in the lack of attention given to this thread by staff, may it be they are trying to avoid something...?

#44 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2014 - 15:46

Wow, I came in to this thread expecting a wall of criticism and complaints but was pleasantly surprised. I'm impressed you guys managed to keep this thread so optimistic for the future. :)

So I'll address as many of the issues in this thread I can remember from just reading it...

Solar Fleet was shut down?

Yes, we shut it down but probably not for the reasons you suspect. When we moved our servers to cloud hosting we updated to PHP 5, which was quite a lot of software changes in our old code. With Solar Fleet only having 2 - 3 active players it wasn't worth our time to update it all. Our more active games like Legacy, Fallen Sword, etc have all been updated. Cow Play persists because as the first game CowBoy made it has sentimental value, much in the same way I would keep Legacy regardless of player count.

Legacy doesn't have a forum here?

I can re-instate it if you guys want? ... it just wasn't being used for anything really as Legacy has its own internal forums we saw little point in hosting extra forums here.

Can Legacy get more updates?

Sure, I need to draw up a new roadmap really and add Crystal Removal. I've just been distracted with the Eldevin Steam launch at the moment. My work load is thinning out now though, which is good. This whole Hunted Cow site was one massive distraction that lasted a lot longer than expected.

Will I be getting an assistant?

Hopefully, next year I think we'll be recruiting again. Finding someone passionate and skilled is the problem. We always seem to get one or the other. Believe it or not web-developers who made their own online games are pretty hard to find. Macey apply for the damned job!

Road map being delayed?

The road map may not have been adhered to perfectly but I did all the updates in it. There may be some delays but at least you guys know what is coming and when. The Fallen Sword road map constantly falls behind schedule as well, it's just hard to keep up some times.

Balance problems in Crystal update?

I don't remember that many balance problems with the new update? ... we had to nerf a few things and buff a few things but that was it. I worked on the combat calculator with the players and together we worked most of it out before anything went live. Riot games employs over 1000 people and still they have to constantly buff and nerf League of Legends for balance, it's not a perfect science and I did the best I could.

Would you sell Legacy?

Probably not because it wouldn't be cheap and it's unlikely to be profitable for the person buying it. Times have changed since 2005, getting new players these days is expensive and challenging. In 2000 I would sit and learn to play a new game for weeks, these days most new players are out the door in under 5 minutes (and that goes for all our games).

I understand peoples concerns and I hope I've addressed some of them. If you want the best possible future for Legacy you guys need to help out with the new road map and make sure I'm working on the updates you guys want the most.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#45 bboysilent

bboysilent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 September 2014 - 18:10

YAY ZORG LIVES

#46 Matty

Matty

Voluntary Helper

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Canada

Posted 12 September 2014 - 20:46

Good to get a response. :)

Edited by Matty, 12 September 2014 - 21:04.

1o4t3c.jpg

"We intend to continue to fully support Legacy and will likely release future updates, but currently we have no time-scale for these as of yet." - Hoofmaster - August 19th, 2016

#47 Macey

Macey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 September 2014 - 21:36

Will I be getting an assistant?

Hopefully, next year I think we'll be recruiting again. Finding someone passionate and skilled is the problem. We always seem to get one or the other. Believe it or not web-developers who made their own online games are pretty hard to find. Macey apply for the damned job!

Haha, just so you can boss me about? I don't think so xD I am good at making coffee though..

#48 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:49

Haha Macey.

Also, it is true that we don't really have to use a Legacy Forum if it was available.

But the fact that it doesn't exist equates to most HCS players who do frequent these Forums to not know of Legacy's existence.

#49 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:37

Attention+whore_4936e8_3633882.jpg

#50 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:42

We could move all the Legacy forums here if you guys wanted... and just leave the internal forums for clans and gangs...

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#51 Ayo

Ayo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2014 - 15:24

We could move all the Legacy forums here if you guys wanted... and just leave the internal forums for clans and gangs...

NO, keep em in game, that's what makes Legacy different and better :P  I guess fellow Legacy players were upset for not having forum in here.... as a sign that we don't belong, but we keep forgetting that other games doesn't have in game forums as we do.

#52 Aaron

Aaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2014 - 15:40

I think it's just more they wanted the subforum within for these types of threads. That way we're not just mixed in with everything :D

#53 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 13 September 2014 - 16:26

They don't have their own Forums?

How mediocre. xD

We need more attention within HCS.

Not sure how to do that though.

#54 yodafone

yodafone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 16:35

But the fact that it doesn't exist equates to most HCS players who do frequent these Forums to not know of Legacy's existence.

The only issue is, we would never use them as we have in-game forums. Then they would look empty and empty forums are never good advertisment.

The only thing I could see us doing is moving the forums over to here, but that's rather inconvenient and a step backwards imo.

#55 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 13 September 2014 - 19:39

Yeah.

I will say that because HCS' other games utilizes these Forums, and the fact the Legacy isn't shown in the main Forum page, we're not exactly an established game within the HCS community itself.

I'm not sure if it's possible to improve that. xD

#56 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 20:35

well it can't hurt to have a forum here and our own. Just to have the brand highlighted to hcs across the board. We had a player join back today who said he saw us mentioned here and it reminded him to play :ph34r:

#57 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2014 - 21:28

Yeah I just came on to post about that player, someone who joined back when HCS first announced Zorg and Legacy has returned due to the presence of this thread, even with little activity a sub-forum shows our importance to the HCS community. I would be very happy if forums were ordered in terms of activity, assuming HCS were willing to do that.

It's a pleasure to see you back and posting Zorg, sorry to give you so much to have to read! XD It's good to be reassured of Legacy's longevity, and hopefully we can begin working on the issues mentioned. Out of curiosity when you state assistant do you mean in terms of a volunteer helper or an employee of HCS studio's?

As for the balancing of weapons, two armours, one high armour and one high dodge would be useful in countering each of, but not both Ventrix weapons, which could make for some interesting wasteland strategy. This is certainly something to mention when we begin work on the next road map. I look forward to seeing more of you after these dark times. <3

2zges12.jpg

#58 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 September 2014 - 15:07

Bump.

As to this new Road Map, 3.0 I believe, will this be posted in the HCS Legacy-Sub Forum? We're all itching to give feedback and just waiting for your thread. ^.^

2zges12.jpg

#59 LegacyPie

LegacyPie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 16:56

Yeah.

I will say that because HCS' other games utilizes these Forums, and the fact the Legacy isn't shown in the main Forum page, we're not exactly an established game within the HCS community itself.

I'm not sure if it's possible to improve that. xD

We're listed third on the front HCS webpage, just behind Fallen Sword and Eldevin, both of which are sole HCS producs, rather than the half HCS and half Zorg product that is Legacy. I'd say we're pretty well represented on the HCS site and a forum of our own here would be totally dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: