Photo

Just My Mind Turning Inward Upon Itself...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 December 2013 - 00:52

1.  How long would Loki last with Professor Snape?

2.  How long would Voldemort last with Loki?

3.  Loki v.s Khan...who wins?

4.  Show of hands...who wants to see Voldemort fight Sauron?

:P

"In the end, you will always kneel."

"Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye."

#2 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:51

bare handed, magic or superior genetics wins

geared up, technology wins (Asgardians are not magical, they have amazing tech)

as far as number four....

A8113574-1.jpg

#3 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:15

Loki's feats are too much for all of them. Even without Norn Stones. Yea and Sauron FTW.

Siggycopy_zpsee681d02.png

Gothador - Devilishly Addictive! Play online now for free!

http://www.gothador....x.php?ref=69708

#4 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 18:51

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Wish you could both see the ginormous grin on my face. :D  :wub:  :D

"A little song, a little dance, Voldemort's head on a lance..."

**Squuueeeeeeeee!**

#5 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 22:56

Loki vs Voldemort - http://www.comicvine...-read-o-674397/

Loki vs Sauron - http://www.comicvine...ie-loki-751207/

#6 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 23:00

Interesting reads, I got some chuckles from them, which is always great. :D

For me though, Loki always wins (and I'm not necessarily talking about Marvel Comics' character). ;)  I was in a very silly mood the day I started this thread.

#7 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 23:26

yes, as stated on those links - "geared up" ... Loki wins

take away his gear, though...

16ea2d943d1817c8af6f3d0d9ec64f08.jpg

#8 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 00:48

Take away his gear, and you still have to deal with his magic.  He is a master magician...

#9 akbar

akbar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:28

and those shoulder pads do certainly look like something to contend with. . .

Hero to benjirocks, what else matters?

#10 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 22:57

Hey now...no hatin' on my obsession there.  (And the bizarre thing is that Tom Hiddleston makes me feel like a dirty old woman.  Actually, he makes me feel lots of things. :lol:  :wub:  :blink:  )

#11 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 16:47

Take away his gear, and you still have to deal with his magic.  He is a master magician...

Asgardians are not magic(al)  ;)

they just seem magical because their tech is far beyond ours 

***this dog is not magic:

110.gif

#12 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 19:19

Asgardians are not magic(al)  ;)

they just seem magical because their tech is far beyond ours 

***this dog is not magic:

110.gif

I guess it depends on which one of Marvel's billion & a half "Alternate Realities" you happen to be in at any given time.   :mellow:

Potato, tomato...what difference does it make, really?  You can't get bananas from avocados, now can you?  Ah, sorry...I haven't actually slept in about a week, so I have virtually no grip on what was once my sanity.

The dog is actually a member of a lost Jedi sect.

There is no spoon, Neo.

:lol:

#13 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 21:34

AND...

Loki isn't an Asgardian, he's a Frost Giant, so he is magical.   :P

#14 Sadiablo

Sadiablo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:35

And there were occasions where he didn't have his staff or anything and was still using magic that was native to his Jotunheim realm, and he was as you mentioned a Frost Giant. 

Though the Mythology from the Norse is all as random as the marvel stories about his real origins.  Some of them paint him as Odins son and Brother to Thor, but others refer to him as actually being Odin's brother as he was a son of Ymir as well. That's the one problem with the nordic and valhalla way of life with all the mead and ales.  It's hard to get your story writing straight when you can barely see the paper !  :D

hd4r.jpg

http://forums.hunted...e-alts-of-mine/ (Can anyone help?- Missing Alts)

http://forums.hunted...ke-to-see-next/   (Please Revive! Ideas for future updates/content)

#15 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:51

AND...

Loki isn't an Asgardian, he's a Frost Giant, so he is magical.   :P

ouch - you are correct

3772501+_07033b264a6798d21a94acc12ef809a <--- me

always wondered how he survived this:

hulk-vs-loki-o.gif

magic doesn't save you from a beating like that...i don't see him casting any protection spells

edit: had to add the complete scene:

Edited by duktayp, 23 September 2016 - 21:30.

#16 Sadiablo

Sadiablo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:33

He's a magical being though, he may not have to necessarily cast spells. He's unnaturally resilient  and able to take a beating. He gets them from Thor on probably a scheduled basis.  

hd4r.jpg

http://forums.hunted...e-alts-of-mine/ (Can anyone help?- Missing Alts)

http://forums.hunted...ke-to-see-next/   (Please Revive! Ideas for future updates/content)

#17 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 00:02

And there were occasions where he didn't have his staff or anything and was still using magic that was native to his Jotunheim realm, and he was as you mentioned a Frost Giant. 

Though the Mythology from the Norse is all as random as the marvel stories about his real origins.  Some of them paint him as Odins son and Brother to Thor, but others refer to him as actually being Odin's brother as he was a son of Ymir as well. That's the one problem with the nordic and valhalla way of life with all the mead and ales.  It's hard to get your story writing straight when you can barely see the paper !  :D

Actually, the mythology as we have it is clear that Loki is Odin's blood-brother.  Loki's father was Farbauti, a Frost Giant, and one evil bastard.  His name means "cruel striker".  Loki's mother was Laufey, but very few people, even among Scandinavians themselves, are 100% positive what she was.  It is safe to say, however, that she was not likely a Frost Giantess.  Her name means "leafy" or "full of leaves", in fact, some etymologists belive that it means "the wooded isle".  It is significant that Loki is known by a matronym, Laufeyjarson, rather than by a patronym.  In Scandinavian society, this signifies that there was no relationship with his father whatsoever, or that the relationship was severed due to the father's dishonor.  Given that the imagery here, that Farbauti was a bolt of lightning that struck a tree and Loki was the fire that resulted, may indicate Laufey was not the Frost Giant's willing partner, it's not surprising.

Odin's father was Bor, son of Buri, who was described not as a Giant, but as a man.  Odin's mother was Bestla, a Frost Giantess, and one of the children of the Frost Giant Bolthor.  She had a brother who taught Odin "a great many things", as was the custom among the Norse and the Celts, to be fostered by one's maternal uncle.  We are never told why the Allfather swore an oath of blood-brotherhood with the Trickster; perhaps it is because he saw another part of himself there.  Out of all the Aesir and Vanir, it is Odin and Loki that are the most alike, and certainly the most interesting.  The bond between them is illustrated by the fact that Loki gave his first-born child, Sleipnir, the greatest of all horses, to Odin as a gift.  Why?  He certainly didn't have to...in fact, Loki didn't have to bear the colt at all.  He could have led Svadilfari astray and gotten the stallion lost in Midgard, or simply killed him outright.  And after Loki, as a bay mare, had conceived, he could easily have returned to his Trickster self, thus killing the fetus.  But he didn't.  Why did he bring this beautiful life into the Worlds?  He's supposed to be evil, right?

There is so much more to Loki, so much more to all of these figures, but the pantheon of the Norse was not as fortunate as that of the Egyptians and the Greeks, whose people never truly turned on them, even in the face of Christian intolerance.  The problem with Norse "Mythology" is that it's really not.  The poems that have survived were recorded centuries after their composition by poets and historians who were all Christianized, and as with Celtic Mythology, were, in whole or in part, attempting to discredit the pagan gods even as they preserved the poems about them.  Saxo Grammaticus loathed the pagan gods so much that he did everything he could to make them out to be nothing more than clever, immoral and deceitful mortals.  Yet, Snorri Sturluson, Saxo's contemporary and arguably the Tolkein of his time, still loved the gods and the poems even though he was a Christian.  It's because of Snorri, even though he took liberties within the body of his work, that Marvel has made millions on Thor and Loki.  It's because of Snorri that I'm sitting here typing this.  And I'm typing this because the Spirit moved me to do so, because this is my meat and milk, my breath and blood, and has been since I was very, very young.

I'm also typing this because the little voice in my head that tells me to just leave some things alone has wandered away from its post.  I blame the horrid lack of sleep.  And the fact that sometimes I get tired of leaving some things alone.

Haggis.

:blink: 

#18 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 00:04

ouch - you are correct

3772501+_07033b264a6798d21a94acc12ef809a

always wondered how he survived this:

hulk-vs-loki-o.gif

magic doesn't save you from a beating like that...i don't see him casting any protection spells

edit: had to add the complete scene:

Have I told you lately that I love you?  That is one of the single greatest moments in Hulk's entire existance.  "Puny God." :lol:

#19 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 00:11

Wow.  I'm not really into the Loki stuff but I love that show Vikings on the history channel and the metal band Amon Amarth.  I also use the Scandinavian toast "Skoal" a lot :)

#20 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 00:42

Wow.  I'm not really into the Loki stuff but I love that show Vikings on the history channel and the metal band Amon Amarth.  I also use the Scandinavian toast "Skoal" a lot :)

I'm a freak, my friend, I am a freak. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: