Photo

Composing Notification Request

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (34 member(s) have cast votes)

I like the idea...

1. Yes (34 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:29

Could we get a notification pots have completed brewing on the left side like a log/guild notification? There could even be an option to deactivate this but if you weren't brewing then it would never be a headache.

I know it's Friday-ish so nothing would be acknowledged until next Monday but doesn't seem much to ask for from a 'coding' perspective. It's only asking from a player's enhanced convenience.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:44

Maybe have it stay active until completed potions are taken/discarded.. Like how reserve stamina works.. Sometimes that constant reminder would be nice..

#3 ClerBear

ClerBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:56

I like this.

#4 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:57

I like the idea and voted yes, can't even count the number of times I gotten involved in something FS related and looked up and the pots had been done for 2 hours or more.  Yes, some will say use a timer but that just a pain to reset every hour.

#5 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:05

I like this idea, so much so that I actually suggested it a while ago on penny's thread.

https://forums.hunte...dy/#entry917486

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#6 volvic

volvic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 14:07

why not, good idea

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 March 2015 - 17:47

I like this idea, so much so that I actually suggested it a while ago on penny's thread.

https://forums.hunte...dy/#entry917486

Yes yes yes.  I am in 100% agreement on this.  The notification we get in our logs has a few drawbacks... First off, it leads you to collect your pots.... IDK about everybody else, but most of mine are the trash pot for leveling, and I just want to discard those.  Notifications should lead to the composing page itself, not the collect button.... Secondly, I only get those messages immediately AFTER I manually went to the composing page and took care of the pots I set my alarm for....   A consistent link on the side bar would fix both issues.....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 19:08

Usually I have to reload a page twice to get the notification that the potions are completed. Just refreshing the game once isn't enough to see the log message. If that could get fixed, that would be great.

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 14:24

I likied. 

Also, as some have noted, the notification in the log as is needs to be fixed. It does not appear in the log until two page clicks have occurred. Definitely seems like a glitch to me. 

Thanks.

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2015 - 18:00

I'll mention it to Hoofmaster.

#11 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 19:56

Bump

#12 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:54

I think the delay on the log messages is because the system needs to verify you're online to send you the message, test it, brew a pot and go out for sleep, when you get back the time will be the server time, not the finish time.

I know that's not very accurate, but I can live with that, it's like the system saying "Oh, I see you're online, just for you know your potions are ready".

Back on topic.

+1, will be great for everyone, also, if you don't compose would be no problem with notifications.

-

Off Topic:

Grim, can we please have a better structure of 'News Update'?
News Update should be for News only, and create another notification for 'Tavern Rumours', so who don't Titan hunt or don't play the Ladder don't need to keep checking the News Page just to see Titan spawns.

#13 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 13:24

I guess, I'm really just here to bump this and keep the advances going. The suggestion is still good and hasn't been implemented yet.

However, I'm really liking the create all and discard all and the quick create that has been implemented.

The notification we get in our logs has a few drawbacks... First off, it leads you to collect your pots.... IDK about everybody else, but most of mine are the trash pot for leveling, and I just want to discard those.

I "disagree" slightly with this. I full on get ya Penny. However, I do like the ability to collect from the log. Mostly because on those "few occasions" when I am actually making a pot for somebody, it helps me remember not to discard all, lol. Like, "oh yeah, I actually need to collect that one", hehe. 

I don't at all mean to put words in your mouth, but I get the feeling that your idea would (after the discard all implementation) be a link from the log notification that takes you to the composing page. I think that might be useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: