cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 April 2015 - 20:58

Hah! No, this is not an April Fools. This is legit. :)

Riiiight. Because Mojawk didn't already post a joke update over in Eldevin. :P

Seriously though, new skills would be great. :) Skill Points Available: 2990

#22 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 22:22

Great update! At level 5000 ..will only be one buff left to cast  .. KILL ALL! =)

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2015 - 22:32

Who's gonna take a bet on Teleport being a Level 3K skill ? LOL

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:11

Who's gonna take a bet on Teleport being a Level 3K skill ? LOL

and uses  1000 stam to cast ? =) 

#25 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:30

No offense i think you should re-adjust it too something like 1900 2300 and 2700 or 2800? Just something realistic that we can look forward too but not have to look to far. at the current average release of content we won't see level 3000 for a very long time. As a player i'd rather see less updates with realistic release dates rather than tons of updates with EXTREMELY exaggerated release dates. Unless content is going to become a bigger priority i don't think 3000 is a good idea. Granted we did have alot of events inbetween but the gap between the latest two content releases was unsatisfactory IMO. 10:33 22 Jan 2015 to 16:10 27 Mar 2015 is way too long and honestly worries me about the future of the game.  From what i understand content is merely cookie cutter work. If content is continually released at that rate we won't see level 3000 for almost 5 years. Just putting things into perspective...

Sincerely,

A Concerned Player

Edited by Intimidation, 02 April 2015 - 07:44.

#26 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:45

Unless content is going to become a bigger priority i don't think 3000 is a good idea.

Leveling isn't the only focus of the game so i think not.

#27 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:48

Leveling isn't the only focus of the game so i think not.

It is undoubtably the foundation of the game...EVERYTHING revolves around what level you are... If the cows suddenly decided to stop releasing content the game would slowly *Maybe quickly?* die hands down no questions asked. If you could tell me one focus of the game that doesn't revolve around what level you are i will be very suprised. Not because i'm being a smartass because i legimately cannot think of anything.

Edited by Intimidation, 02 April 2015 - 07:52.

#28 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:00

No offense i think you should re-adjust it too something like 1900 2300 and 2700 or 2800?

Convenient level range for ya ;-)

#29 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:44

It is undoubtably the foundation of the game...EVERYTHING revolves around what level you are... If the cows suddenly decided to stop releasing content the game would slowly *Maybe quickly?* die hands down no questions asked. If you could tell me one focus of the game that doesn't revolve around what level you are i will be very suprised. Not because i'm being a smartass because i legimately cannot think of anything.

You believe the game is "ALIVE" right now. Its already half dead due to the changes. Its not that i am saying not to release lvling content but i realise that a coders job is tough and that too with so many games to manage.And as far as you want to know something in-game which does not revolve around the level you are is a Global Event.*I hope you aren't thinking of comparing being lvl 25 to being at EOC*.

#30 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:14

Convenient level range for ya ;-)

Make it 2000 for all i care individually, i'm just trying to look at the bigger picture... it's pretty much more cost effective to just buy your own buffs than buff yourself anyways. Your totally missing my point or choosing too miss it :huh: .

You believe the game is "ALIVE" right now. Its already half dead due to the changes. Its not that i am saying not to release lvling content but i realise that a coders job is tough and that too with so many games to manage.And as far as you want to know something in-game which does not revolve around the level you are is a Global Event.*I hope you aren't thinking of comparing being lvl 25 to being at EOC*.

That is not a "Focus" of the game...That is merely a special event that is released when the cows see fit or debatebly the players. If the cows wanted to they could never release one again and other than making leveling easier it would not impact the game physically...Overall game morale? probably... Also yes i do believe the game is still alive because i'm still playing it i would not play a dead game. If theres still a shread of hope left for a game i wouldn't consider it "Dead". The idea of FS being "Dead" or "Alive" as it currently stands is merely a matter of opinon though. Why it's less popular now a days is debatable there is no one reason. Also too many games to manage is not an excuse. Finally back to my main point which has been severely picked apart, what we need to see consistancy and integrity otherwise all hope will be lost. Again i'd like to see lower standards with integrity than higher standards with absolutely no integrity at all and i know i'm not the only one... As it stands right now any expected release date i cannot take seriously and ultimately have nothing to look forward too. With nothing to look forward too my interest will eventually deteoriate until i simply do not login. I know i'm not the only one.

Regards,

EP

Edited by Intimidation, 02 April 2015 - 09:32.

#31 PrinceKash

PrinceKash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:43

More content just means more gap between levels amongs players. Low players will start quitting because they can't reach EOC easier or without paying for those high epic pots. High players will start quitting because they have no content and nothing to do. Double edge sword?

#32 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 13:42

I would say:

That would finish the 200 cap on the levels 1000-2000, and start the 500 gap on level 2000+.

There is no sense on the 400 level cap over 1600 to 2000.

#33 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 13:58

Make it 2000 for all i care individually, i'm just trying to look at the bigger picture... it's pretty much more cost effective to just buy your own buffs than buff yourself anyways. Your totally missing my point or choosing too miss it :huh: .

That is not a "Focus" of the game...That is merely a special event that is released when the cows see fit or debatebly the players. If the cows wanted to they could never release one again and other than making leveling easier it would not impact the game physically...Overall game morale? probably... Also yes i do believe the game is still alive because i'm still playing it i would not play a dead game. If theres still a shread of hope left for a game i wouldn't consider it "Dead". The idea of FS being "Dead" or "Alive" as it currently stands is merely a matter of opinon though. Why it's less popular now a days is debatable there is no one reason. Also too many games to manage is not an excuse. Finally back to my main point which has been severely picked apart, what we need to see consistancy and integrity otherwise all hope will be lost. Again i'd like to see lower standards with integrity than higher standards with absolutely no integrity at all and i know i'm not the only one... As it stands right now any expected release date i cannot take seriously and ultimately have nothing to look forward too. With nothing to look forward too my interest will eventually deteoriate until i simply do not login. I know i'm not the only one.

Regards,

EP

More content just means more gap between levels amongs players. Low players will start quitting because they can't reach EOC easier or without paying for those high epic pots. High players will start quitting because they have no content and nothing to do. Double edge sword?

That's why i am saying everyone should indulge in other aspects of the game. Just an advice, losing levels can be more fun (*surely is for me :)*) than gaining them.

I would say:

That would finish the 200 cap on the levels 1000-2000, and start the 500 gap on level 2000+.

I agree .

#34 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 15:34

I would say:

I completely agree. This makes more sense and they definitely have enough buff ideas circulating in the forums to fill those spots.

Edited by Rasputin, 02 April 2015 - 15:36.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#35 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 17:27

I completely agree. This makes more sense and they definitely have enough buff ideas circulating in the forums to fill those spots.

I'm not completely in disagreement with Ras on the buff level distribution he was commenting on.

Therefore, my only comment will be the following and it's just my opinion (duh!):

According to Moj, 9 new buffs are being added to the game (1 of each type of tree at 3 of each of the levels mentioned). That's pretty hefty in my opinion. 

I do agree with the positive factor of setting "milestones", ie, goals for players to strive for to get new buffs. After all, that is a factor. However, I don't see a dire need. Again, just me. 

My hope is that the ones implemented at 2,000 cost not only stam to cast but also stam to use... and in the best of cases gold as well. My thought is that all the top 250 are above that level and no new buffs are needed below this level... not even to one-hit. 

Grant it... I think the low level players are probably confused about what buffs to get as is.

Beyond that, I would also hope that the new buffs are focused on "convenience". That means saving time, blah, blah. That's what I'm hoping the Teleporter buff is based on. A cost equal to the convenience. No win buttons.

2,500 is within reach of some, but content doesn't go that far yet. 

What I would hope there is that there are some interesting twists on PvP thrown in the mix for 2.5k and 3k and, way more importantly, that all of the buffs from there on up that are leveling based mainly focus on necessity. 

That's right, I'm looking for creatures to be created that cannot be killed in one-hit without these buffs. I know that's controversial, but I think it's time for buffs to be focused for future levels on the actual need for them. 

Heck, I'd even go for a Stalker II that only activates if you are level 2.5k or above, lmao.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#36 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 20:02

I would say:

+1

#37 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 20:28

How will the buffs and levels work beyond 3000? 5000? What is the future structure for fallensword? How will the fun be kept in the game? Will the grind be ever constant?

#38 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 20:28

If you want to nit pick at the level distributions it would make the most sense for the next spacing to be 400.

buffs went up from every 25, 50, 100, then 200.

So 2000,2400, and 2800 would be the logical progression if the pattern is followed.

#39 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2015 - 20:46

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the proposed levels for the new buffs...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#40 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2015 - 23:10

I would say:

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: