107 replies to this topic

#1 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 April 2015 - 19:00

Not a fan of the current participation limitation in the arena.

18:45 04/Apr/2015 'xxxxx' has left the guild.

18:50 04/Apr/2015
[ Report Message ] xxxxx says: Hello xxxxxxxx. I sent xxxxxxxx a note since he was the one who recruited me. I am sorry to have wasted your guild\'s time. I really play Arena obsessively. I missed out on 8 Arenas this morning because of the percentage rule per guild. And I see much more of that in the future if I had stayed. Completely my fault as I should have looked more closely at your guild roster before applying. Please accept my apologies. Have a wonderful day. xxxxx

Can we please increase? We should be doing things to increase game participation. Maybe this was a good restriction in the past, but today, things are different.

#2 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 21:28

Not a fan of the current participation limitation in the arena.

18:45 04/Apr/2015 'xxxxx' has left the guild.

18:50 04/Apr/2015
[ Report Message ] xxxxx says: Hello xxxxxxxx. I sent xxxxxxxx a note since he was the one who recruited me. I am sorry to have wasted your guild\'s time. I really play Arena obsessively. I missed out on 8 Arenas this morning because of the percentage rule per guild. And I see much more of that in the future if I had stayed. Completely my fault as I should have looked more closely at your guild roster before applying. Please accept my apologies. Have a wonderful day. xxxxx

Can we please increase? We should be doing things to increase game participation. Maybe this was a good restriction in the past, but today, things are different.

Nothing has changed at all, people did not join guilds in the past because they knew they would have that issue.

#3 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 23:13

Sure things has changed when looking at the whole picture. The tournaments are takeing forever to fill now in compare to the past.

Because Player vs Player Arena is an invidual player aspect, the restriction in place makes no sense to me. If its because of cheating, then wouldn't it be better to catch the cheater like they do in other games instead of penalizing everyone else?

Edited by Nagoyaka, 04 April 2015 - 23:33.

#4 handitover

handitover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 23:58

It is alright the way it is . It should not be changed. It was to prevent any guild from getting guild members to fill up and abuse it.

#5 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 00:04

As it is now, I can get together with 7 friends from different guilds and fill up all tournaments and abuse it, but why would I? There is nothing to gain from that. I have very difficulty to believe anyone is afraid that any of the current tournaments gets filled by 1 guild.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 05 April 2015 - 00:48.

#6 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 00:10

It is alright the way it is . It should not be changed. It was to prevent any guild from getting guild members to fill up and abuse it.

+1

#7 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 00:17

+1

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:06

...finally an advantage to being in a smaller sized guild :o

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#9 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:33

+1

og3DxyP.gif

#10 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:48

if the arena moved at a rapid rate this wouldnt be an issue, atm i can enter 15 arenas and then many hours later sometimes none have even started, id be more inclined to offering some sort of arena incentive like was once "idea'd" when u get your daily allegience, u also get 10 free arena entries, who knows how many actually have interest in arena but when its free i dont see why people wouldnt take a few minutes to enter a few and see what happens :)

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:34

I'm not even going to beat around the bush people aren't worried about abuse, they are worried about the potienial of certain obvious guilds. In order to get themselves ahead they must hold others back. There is greed on both ends of the argument ofcourse but, one is a hand out and another is something thats earned. It's about time we stop thinking about ourselves before the health of the game as a whole.

Enough said, 

EP

#arenarevival2015

Edited by Intimidation, 05 April 2015 - 06:37.

#12 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:57

Depends how you look at it why do you need tournaments to start and end quickly like they used to? by your own admission the rewards are largely worthless.

It would seem to me that is a by product of having better pots available through composing than the arena can provide.

Its certainly not due to gear that can be obtained via the Arena.

So that leave's arena wins as your motivation for more tournaments and again I ask why?  what does it prove?

#13 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:43

25% is fine

Arena is personal achievement ... this is the negative side for being in a big strong active guild, you cant have everything in one guild  ;)

"If you want to go fast ,go alone. if you want to go far ,go together"

Edited by shindrak, 05 April 2015 - 08:53.

#14 Sakuliver

Sakuliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:27

Wasn't there a thread just 1-2 weeks ago on exactly the same topic with exactly the same responses!?

#15 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:29

Wasn't there a thread just 1-2 weeks ago on exactly the same topic with exactly the same responses!?

yes ... and my opinion is, please leave it alone HCS, 25% is fine 

#16 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 15:49

Arena has slowed down because normal players don't win enough.  If you want players to play then arena champs have to back out of some of the arenas and let others win.  No one is going to keep throwing gold away for nothing or very little. 

The arena is a product of the success of some...

Keep the limit on guild mate allowed to join an arena battle or we will go back to players cheating

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 18:33

The sorry state of the arena needs to be addressed i haven't seen any ideas yet to speed it up...Just no's, if the arena wasn't so slow the 25% rule would not be such a hassle...... If nothing changes the 25% needs to go. The game is slowly losing players and guilds its only a matter of time before the 25% won't work debatebly its already at that point... Whats my proof? The pace of the arena. Every player should have equal oppurtunity no matter what guild they are in...That shouldn't even be a valid argument in the matter.

Edited by Intimidation, 05 April 2015 - 18:45.

#18 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 19:10

Arena has slowed down because normal players don't win enough.  If you want players to play then arena champs have to back out of some of the arenas and let others win.  No one is going to keep throwing gold away for nothing or very little. 

The arena is a product of the success of some...

Keep the limit on guild mate allowed to join an arena battle or we will go back to players cheating

Can you mention which arena champs? im #1 on arena list and hardly winning ... joining 40 tourney and winning 5 out of them

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 19:18

Again with the jabs at individuals/guilds...Can we take a step back from players/guilds and just look at the arena. Arena champs? who cares... If someone is truly coined an arena champ they obviously earned the title and shouldn't be frowned upon. Selfish :\

Edited by Intimidation, 05 April 2015 - 19:20.

#20 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2015 - 19:20

Can you mention which arena champs? im #1 on arena list and hardly winning ... joining 40 tourney and winning 5 out of them

yeah i dont 'like' to go on offensive but i often dont play for months at a time and quite a few of the people i see in the arena now are a whole new league of people than last time or two i played, new champs if there are champs, my odds of winning can drop to that of shins too :) .... oh and congrats shin, i saw that earlier.. now toplists are cleared up :D

edit: sorry EP :P

Edited by Undjuvion, 05 April 2015 - 19:20.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: