Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:04

We'll be posting a big update to skills and the world map on Monday. Below is a sneak preview of how the new Teleport ability works on the world map.

168_b.gif Teleport (Level 2500 Special Tree)

"Allows the player to teleport within their current realm. Ability has a 210 second cool down,    
  reduced by 1 second for each skill level."

The cool down can be further reduced by the Temporal Beacon guild structure and the Temporal Shift enhancement. The video above was shot with the guild structure at level 10 and the enhancement at 100% resulting in a 5 second cool down.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:06

So is it just teleporting within the same map ? - I hope not, pretty sure it was hoped to be so much more than that - ie teleporting to any map that the player has access to ..

Edited by Pardoux, 09 April 2015 - 16:07.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:10

So is it just teleporting within the same map ?

That's correct, yes.

#4 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:15

I don't see stamina being removed for the amount moved, nor for casting the skill. I only saw stamina lessen on the one movement on the map. So it will be a "free" skill?

#5 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:16

Is this going to cost stamina, or is it going to be sort of like lightfoot?

Edited by xxlooperxx, 09 April 2015 - 16:16.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#6 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:19

I was also going to ask about the cost is stamina when teleporting?

Also, if there's a 210 second default cooldown and, say, a level 192 Teleport buff (with buff enhancer)... That brings it down to an 18 second cooldown. Then there's this guild structure that's mentioned too... effectively bringing the cooldown to nothing more or less. This will really effect titan hunting and would cause A LOT of abuse (as much as there already is...). Even with the cooldown being 20 seconds at its lowest, this could still cause problems as titans often take 20+ kills to move spot, which could allow players to just teleport from space to space wherever the titan is. :/

#7 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:20

Is this going to work on titan maps?

Also, if there's a 210 second default cooldown and, say, a level 192 Teleport buff (with buff enhancer)... That brings it down to an 18 second cooldown. Then there's this guild structure that's mentioned too... effectively bringing the cooldown to nothing more or less. This will really effect titan hunting and would cause A LOT of abuse (as much as there already is...). Even with the cooldown being 20 seconds at its lowest, this could still cause problems as titans often take 20+ kills to move spot, which could allow players to just teleport from space to space wherever the titan is. :/

Not sure I like this.  What happened to titan hunting being a challenge?

I suppose it might solve rubber banding ....

Edited by Lahona, 09 April 2015 - 16:25.

#8 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:23

Teleporting will cost 1 stamina regardless of distance.

Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:24

You cast the skill as normal which gives you a teleport buff. You can then teleport to anywhere on the current map for 1 stamina. Note that the skill has a cooldown each time it is used, but the cooldown can be reduced by increasing the skill level and via a new guild structure that's being added at the same time :)

So is it just teleporting within the same map ? - I hope not, pretty sure it was hoped to be so much more than that - ie teleporting to any map that the player has access to ..

Not how this skill works, but potential idea for another skill :)

#10 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:26

Buff Enhancer will not work with Teleport.

Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#11 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:31

Can't wait for the new skills. Nice work. This one looks like it'll wreak havoc on the titan hunting fields. Not sure if that's good or bad, wait n see I guess.

#12 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:31

i actually think its a positive step for titan hunting, the many who were not as fast can compete maybe and will remove the need for the script checking and move speed notifications we all hate :D

#13 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:34

Hi!

SO, thats how titans do it!   >"@<

#14 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:36

First thing I thought of when watching this video was *bamf* a LA nightcrawler lol. 20 - 30 people hunting on a map popping around is gonna be hilarious.

#15 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:37

i actually think its a positive step for titan hunting, the many who were not as fast can compete maybe and will remove the need for the script checking and move speed notifications we all hate :D

now you will just see scripts for killing a titan every 1 sec while refreshing in between.. i hope the process of killing a titan is looked into so that type of scripting isn't necessary..

#16 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:37

Implement NOW!...pls

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:40

First thing I thought of when watching this video was *bamf* a LA nightcrawler lol. 20 - 30 people hunting on a map popping around is gonna be hilarious.

That'd get REAL smoky!

#18 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:45

We'll be posting a big update to skills and the world map on Monday. Below is a sneak preview of how the new Teleport ability works on the world map.

168_b.gif Teleport (Level 2500 Special Tree)

"Allows the player to teleport within their current realm. Ability has a 210 second cool down,    
  reduced by 1 second for each skill level."

The cool down can be further reduced by the Temporal Beacon guild structure and the Temporal Shift enhancement. The video above was shot with the guild structure at level 10 and the enhancement at 100% resulting in a 5 second cool down.

In the video was it a right click hoof did to change the pointer color from green to blue and then teleport. Also will lightfoot save even that 1 stamina used while teleporting.And existing items would have the new enhancement?

PS: Why does the master of the game has so many fsps?

Edited by kstbhs, 09 April 2015 - 16:47.

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:46

now you will just see scripts for killing a titan every 1 sec while refreshing in between.. i hope the process of killing a titan is looked into so that type of scripting isn't necessary..

with the App interface coming up, it would be much simpler if attacking a titan on a spot took one click to keep killing it while its there (every 1 sec).. titan hunting would become a teleporting activity with less clicking.. no matter what, titan hunting will now become a teleporting event but with more clicking with how killing a titan works currently.. which one would be more enjoyable?

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:47

Lightfoot won't affect Teleport I don't think.

Existing items will not be updated to get the new Enhancement, no. It'll come on new gear that we'll roll out as time goes on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: