• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#21 Slave25000

Slave25000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:49

Lightfoot won't affect Teleport I don't think.

Existing items will not be updated to get the new Enhancement, no. It'll come on new gear that we'll roll out as time goes on.

Will this buff come in an Epic pot in those 60 dollar bundles/special offers we get once every while?

#22 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:52

Hi Guys,

The buff looks sweet, with the idea that it works correctly. As for teleport only costing 1 stamina, it seems pretty abusive for a buff that will be level 2500. Being able to traverse about 10 zones in 15 stamina (outside of lightfoot) seems not right, but I'll take it.

I hope this skill doesn't work when titans are active, does it? While it may speed up titan hunting, you now only have 1 stamina spent between titan moves and those who have the fastest connections will continue to reap the benefits. That's fine if that is what you envisioned, but it will only widen the gap of titans. Some players will enjoy it when cleaning them up, but it seems pretty unfair to allow this to work with titans.

Thanks, 

#23 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:54

I have mixed feelings about this, especially in reguards to Titan Hunting.  On one hand, it would make Titan Hunting a lot easier and less of a challenge but it would eliminate the need to check for movement scripts and fairly well level the field (of course, larger guilds w/ max structures would have a natural advantage).

When Teleporting was first announced, I was thinking it would be a way to elimnate the need to travel back to the Cathedrial Portal to go to the realm you wanted...

#24 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:58

Will this also work on maps that aren't contiguous where you have to go through a maze of staircases to get to the next area?

If so, this will make all those "maze" maps useless.

Edited by WWWolf, 09 April 2015 - 16:59.

#25 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:59

I hope this skill doesn't come in pots and composing potion or else the 5 second cool down would also be removed. Maybe 1 more skill that extends the max % of the Temporal Shift enhancement could be introduced later.

Also how to differentiate ways of clicking between normal quick walk and teleport?right click?

Edited by kstbhs, 09 April 2015 - 17:02.

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2015 - 17:04

'T' will be a quick use button for Teleport.

#27 JustChris

JustChris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 17:04

Interesting how vocal the community as a whole is in regards to protecting Titan Hunting. I have been upgrading max stam (goal was 4000, the shards event got me to 1400 more in a day) in an effort to be able to single handedly kill Lestus/put a dent in Oggy.

Obviously killing these titans take just 1 hit, about .9 stamina when using conserve, however the walking between spawns is what burns stamina. If this skill makes it cost 1 stamina to travel and .9 to kill almost anyone could be securing titans if their level and gear allowed for it.

EDIT- poor FS Forum servers today, they're struggling!

Edited by JustChris, 09 April 2015 - 17:05.

#28 Anam Charaid

Anam Charaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 17:06

My first impression is very positive. Stam use from having to go through several realms, or from one side of a realm to the other to get to an entrance will be greatly reduced. Appear in a realm, use 1 stam, and you're at the next entrance. I like the idea of that a lot...and the Titan possibilities as well. 

#29 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 17:07

i actually think its a positive step for titan hunting, the many who were not as fast can compete maybe and will remove the need for the script checking and move speed notifications we all hate :D

Agreed.. make us all fast xD

#30 JustChris

JustChris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 17:10

Has anyone thought about the potential cost of this buff in the Buff market?

Cows, please tell me you'll be adding LOW LEVEL versions of this buff in pot form? even just level 1 for 50,000 gold, just something to allow us to jump across a map when it's time to move along or turn in a quest.

#31 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 17:14

T will be a quick use button for Teleport.

you mean mouse over the point where to teleport and then press "T"?

#32 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 17:22

there will be 50+ or possibly 100+ players, if some now power level to be in line to get it when it comes out.. Depends on how much undercutting goes on.. Could probably be brought down to just one dot if not less with just a handful of cheap buffers who stay online often

Edited by RebornJedi, 09 April 2015 - 17:23.

#33 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 17:22

Cows, please tell me you'll be adding LOW LEVEL versions of this buff in pot form? even just level 1 for 50,000 gold, just something to allow us to jump across a map when it's time to move along or turn in a quest.

Even the cast able form of this skill would be of less time i think because it would be too overpowering otherwise.

#34 Sakuliver

Sakuliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 18:04

How many times can you teleport when the skill gets activated? Does it work like Shield Imp, you cast the skill and then have, for example, 6 teleports available? This would become very expensive for titan hunting and does prevent the worries of previous posts, but would be great when walking the realms and you want to do teleport to quickly cross a realm.

#35 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 18:06

i have mixed feelings on this --- will be great for lvlers having to move through huge map zones but see a lot of potential problems on titans - wonderful for those that are doing clean up on tkp but not so great for secures - too much advantage for those with fast pcs/connections that have the structures maxed - speaking of structures -what is gonna be the build /upkeep costs - if its exponential like some of the other newer structures  - then its gonna hurt small guilds 

#36 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 18:12

You cast the skill as normal which gives you a teleport buff. You can then teleport to anywhere on the current map for 1 stamina.

I hope you mean 1 stamina each square and not that i can teleport from 1 side to another for 1 stamina. Meaning when using teleport from one spot, to another, it would take the amount of stamina it takes to walk there without light foot and without gold foot.

#37 JustChris

JustChris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 18:33

I hope you mean 1 stamina each square and not that i can teleport from 1 side to another for 1 stamina. Meaning when using teleport from one spot, to another, it would take the amount of stamina it takes to walk there without light foot and without gold foot.

I hadn't thought of this, but you're right. 

I think he did mean 1 stam total, but you're right. Give it three months, couple hundred levels have the buff, selling for a dot or a half dot and why buy LF or GF

Then again, that's kind of happened with a lot of buffs with the inclusion of pots and composing. Natural rhythm of development.

#38 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 18:34

Have a sense that when this is implemented it will create more problems than it solve with Titan Hunting. Will pretty much kill the small Titan Hunting guilds who won't have access to a 2400 level player for the buff and then the structure cost.  Have a feeling this buff will be very expensive on the buff market which will make it problematic for the lower level player.  I don't really Titan hunt anymore but I can see this being highly advantageous to the larger guilds, less so for the smaller ones. Maybe I'm missing the point but I don't think it should be applicable for Titan Hunting.

Edited by Rocknoor, 09 April 2015 - 18:37.

#39 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 18:34

It sounds like you have to recast the skill for each teleport. My question is how much stam is each cast going to cost? If it's high I doubt many will use it. But if it's too low it will be abused...

Guess the trade off of the buff will be if you have a high LF teleport is not worth it, if not then use teleport.

#40 handitover

handitover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 18:44

As for titan hunting i think it should not be aloud.Running for a titan is what makes it fun just jumping from titan to titan will make it no fun and to easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: