• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#41 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 19:17

seems like its unlimited - reread all posts made by hcs so even with even 175 buff and full structure there is a min of a 5 sec delay -should be brought up to 10 sec min that should prevent most abuse and even it out for all 

Edited by matt2269f, 09 April 2015 - 19:22.

#42 Thiudimir

Thiudimir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 20:12

Is this strictly a self-buff, or will it be possible to cast Teleport on other players, both willing and unwilling?

Could see some potential for abuse there, although I suppose one could always set prefs to block Teleport.

#43 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2015 - 20:14

Come on guys, be honest, this teleport skill is a very nice new buff. It's something active, you can see some actual movement instead of all those buffs that are just working in the background.  For a 2D-game, very impressive I must say. I wish they would throw in a lot more of those kind of buffs. And for those always complaining about titan hunting, well... then don't hunt them if you don't like the concept :-).

#44 Devilo

Devilo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 20:40

with this buff....  :o 
"We" shall become the titans! lol. titan hunting is gonna be hilarious  ;)

i hope you guys make maps (and update lower level ones) that incorporate teleporting to navigate to areas that will be only accessible by correctly leveled players with this buff. 

:ph34r: like a, "you'll get this, when your older" type of tease.

lastly.. beam me up scotty. -gets beamed off a cliff, proclaims as i fall- why scotty?!  :(

Edited by Devilo, 09 April 2015 - 20:48.

#45 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 09 April 2015 - 20:55

Navigating maps like Xinderoth will now become a breeze and all those maps with areas that you can't get to without going somewhere else first will now be useless.

Other than that, I kinda like this one...

#46 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 20:56

There will be 210-5 sec (depends on structure level) cooldown between each use of teleport as mentioned in OP... dont think it will be like you guys think for titan hunting..

maybe good if the titan was far from you on map then it can be useful.

Edited by shindrak, 09 April 2015 - 21:00.

#47 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 09 April 2015 - 21:05

when we will have the buff we can give feedback...

#48 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 21:14

Too many unknowns for me to contemplate. Been a long day (not to mention week). Guess we'll see when it comes out.

I've always been against a Teleport buff. That's a personal opinion, not an efficient one. That means, I've been against the concept. The mechanics might actually reduce that ideology to nil. Just don't know.

Shin's last comment is interesting (errr, atm at least) makes it "more" interesting to me. Perhaps both  in Titan-hunting and regarding "Xind" comments.

My non-thought-out thoughts are:

Hope that the "T" is the only way to invoke the buff. Ie, won't override the new map function of point and clicking to move to the spot. This may have been explained well... brain exhaustion.

Hope that the new maps for level 2500+ content are frigging huge, lol. 

Apologies folks, just getting uninformed two-cents in.

#49 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2015 - 21:17

Free skill reset on the horizon?

#50 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2015 - 21:29

There will be 210-5 sec (depends on structure level) cooldown between each use of teleport as mentioned in OP... dont think it will be like you guys think for titan hunting..

maybe good if the titan was far from you on map then it can be useful.

Hey Shin - maybe I'm misreading or misunderstanding, but from what I read - there is a 210 second delay - the level of the buff (175 most cases) -  that would be a 35 second delay. Add in the guild structure talk, I'm guessing it may be reduced to under 30 seconds, and possibly even less than that. Say the delay gets down as close to 15 seconds, that is a viable use for some titans. 

#51 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 21:34

Free skill reset on the horizon?

hopefully a free player reset!

#52 darknin12

darknin12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 21:43

Would it be possible for this buff to not have a cooldown after a titan has been secured by a guild? I think that something like this would entice people to go after the TKP since after most titans are secured it usually takes a long time before the titan is killed off. Maybe it's just me, but I think that people would most likely go after TKP if they didn't have to spend a couple of hours moving around.

#53 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 21:57

the video implies it only works on the new map

#54 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2015 - 22:04

I like it.  Hopefully you dont build level 2500 maps that require the buff to move around.  But it will make some of those older maze like maps kinda easy to navigate now :P

How does it work in Dark realms?  Can you teleport into a dark square?

---------- 

I have / see two opinions on teleporting and titaning:

1. Have it completely un-usable on Titan Maps (The Titans interrupt inter-dimensional travel.  THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM ME!)

2. Maybe once a titan is secured (or 24 hours old) Teleport starts to work to help clear up the TKP and force a new spawn.

#55 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2015 - 22:09

Two questions ..

1. Will teleport just work on the map it's cast on, needing to be recast once you change maps ? (after all, 1 stamina to move from 1 side of the map to the other is pretty "cheap")

2. What will be the energy charge to cast this ?

Also, I agree that it shouldn't work on Titan maps until the titan has been secured. Leave this massive benefit for clearing up TKP, not securing..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#56 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:09

Having read this thread I am entirely unsure of how it will work.

I have read many suppositions.

I like the cooldown feature. I think that is designed in as a titan hunting debug, otherwise why would HCS bother coding it?

But I cannot be sure.

Will I power level to 2500 if/when this buff gets released?

I could.

I may.

But I'm not going to now.

FIX the TITAN BUGGED UP MOVEMENT NOW!!

Sorry for the caps. Teleport won't fix what is already broken.

Titan hunting is a nightmare. Please fix it. Please.  

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#57 Jinan

Jinan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:35

If this is allowed for titan hunting, this can be helpful for those with busy schedules since they can't stay up for 2-3 hrs for a secure. By using this buff, they might be able to secure a titan in less than an hour. And this will be good for health too, without having to sit infront of a pc/laptop for hours looking at the screen. Instead of stam saving, this buff should look more like a time saver. If we can move 2-3+ squares for 1 stam, why not name the buff as "Flying Carpet" ? :P

#58 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:53

If this is allowed for titan hunting, this can be helpful for those with busy schedules since they can't stay up for 2-3 hrs for a secure. By using this buff, they might be able to secure a titan in less than an hour. And this will be good for health too, without having to sit infront of a pc/laptop for hours looking at the screen. Instead of stam saving, this buff should look more like a time saver. If we can move 2-3+ squares for 1 stam, why not name the buff as "Flying Carpet" ? :P

This is why this buff is a disastrous idea.

"'people with busy schedules can't stay up for 2-3 hrs for a secure"

Yes - lets make it easier for those people. The game should bow to them. Busy schedules - so important.

We should make it easier for folk who can only give an hour. maybe. Sometimes.

And it is good for their health! they don't have to sit in front of screens for too long to get their booty!

They want the secure fast, and at minimal risk to their health. They ignore everyone else who ever hunted titans before. Slowpokes who did not catch on to the revolution before it happened, no doubt.

This is an example of folk who want to arrive on a scene, dominate it, make profit, and leave.

Trust them at your peril.

Edited by Belaric, 10 April 2015 - 06:03.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#59 Vjnr

Vjnr

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • South Africa

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:41

I think it is great that the cows are going to implement this, however there are still a lot of questions about how it will be implemented and used. It warrants a review of the original thread where the reasons for having this skill were given and debated, and I am too lazy to do that.

Take a step by step approach, and implement it in stages to gauge its usefulness/abuse.

For example, release it for use on realm maps first, but not allow it for Titan hunting at this time.

Then if using it for Titan hunting is really really needed, then weigh the options at that time.

It is not necessary to implement the Teleport skill in one big bang, do it incrementally in quickies, it whets the appetite, builds anticipation and prolongs the pleasure.

Insert fancy FS sig box here when I can figure it out!

#60 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:27

I have multiple feelings about this and Titan hunting, on one hand that will be easier to hunt, but is that what we really want?

If yes, that should NOT be a level 2500 skill, Titan Hunting consumes a LOT of stamina, that's why most of the Titan Hunters are not EOCers, make it a level 2000, or even a level 1800 skill, or create a potion that will reach 175 with Distill 175.

Some map should not allow Teleport: Dark Maps, some maze maps, Xinderoth and, for me, that should not work on maps with a Titan active for less than 24 hours.

But for sure that will make scripts less powerfull, so if that's the idea, keep it active on all Titan maps, give a shot, maybe that can work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: