Photo

GLOBAL EVENT REWARD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Poll: GLOBAL REWARD (53 member(s) have cast votes)

do you agree with the suggested global reward system?

1. YES (17 votes [32.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.08%

2. NO (36 votes [67.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.92%

Vote

#21 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 22:17

As I see the main idea is to come up with something reasonable that would reward players more accordingly with the efford they made on the GE, this was also commented on other thread in other GE's and I think it is good to bring it back again to players to talk about it and try to reach an agreement within the communty how to reward players that helped more to increase the tier bar and couldn't reached top 100.

As Bilops say, top 100 would still stay the way it is, giving medal progress and also 2 bonus chests.

but those that also spent an high amount of stm and couldn't reach top 100 (done more than the minimum) also would probably find it fair to gain sth more than what players that did the minimum got: so rewarding with 1 extra chest to them would be an good idea on my opnion. <= this is what I think Bilops was trying to say, but with numbers already [also letting +2 chest with no medal progress for phenomenal amount of kills if the GE get high numbers of GE's creatures kills and these players also got out of the top 100]

So we can say there would be three different degrees of participation: Top 100; High amount of kills but not on Top 100 [if +200k => +2 extra chests and no top 100 medal progress if not reached top 100 (with phenomenal amount of kills and not in top 100) / if +100k => +1 extra chest (high efford but still not in top 100)] and Minimum amount of kills [5k]  <= taking in consideration this Easter GE

[on other GEs if there not be an creature giving more than 1 kill so change those values respectivaly to 40k and 20k]

Also Bilops mentioned that even an player with 10k stm spending everything on this GE (two times, when it start and before it ends): when it start s/he will get 50k kills, and the event last 5 days: this way also being able to gain 2.4k X 5 = 12k, if s/he spend an extra 10k stm s/he will be able to reach 100k kills and also will be happy to know that even if s/he get out of top 100 s/he will still gain +1 extra chest due his/her efford on the GE :)

Edited by Kbyte, 18 April 2015 - 23:00.

#22 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:41

If only it worked that way for everyone...the system was put in place for a reason so why change it now. This suggestion, if needed to make a comparison, would be like the hockey playoffs suddenly changing their format and everyone who made it to the playoffs gets a Stanley Cup. We just got done with a triple shard event and I seen countless chat posts, forum posts as well as global posts with people making thousands of fsps for seemingly doing nothing but watching a few videos. Upgrade your maximum stamina and fight for the top 100 spots to achieve the rewards offered to those that do. Theres no 'nice try' prize, thats why we have a list of the Top 100...gaming is competitive...otherwise nobody would bother.

#23 GreatGazoo

GreatGazoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:01

smfh ... GREED! ... you already get 3 over powered potions, +2 more for being in the top 100 and a gazillion frags all at 5x per 1 stam and you want more? sigghhhh ... play the damn game!

Edited by GreatGazoo, 19 April 2015 - 03:13.

#24 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:38

I still think 1 extra chest for 5x Ruby kills is a nice idea, not for that even tho, but for future ones. (Top 100 will receive only 2 extras, not 2 extras+1 for 5x minnimun kills)

That way players will be able to reach for something besides Top 100, the way it is now you can do the minnimun or Top 100, there is other goal.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 19 April 2015 - 03:42.

#25 GreatGazoo

GreatGazoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:45

so all those with a major stam bank can race it out and those that just have enough to get by are screwed? think about what your saying ... stop and smell the roses at your levels people. kill some SE's, hunt some Elites for a few cool sets ... your I want a win button is why the game is in the state it is

#26 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:51

so all those with a major stam bank can race it out and those that just have enough to get by are screwed? think about what your saying ... stop and smell the roses at your levels people. kill some SE's, hunt some Elites for a few cool sets ... your I want a win button is why the game is in the state it is

no no, no easy button here.

The idea for rewarding players that put effort but don't go to the top 100, so the community will reach ruby tier easily, I really se no bad side on that.

5x minnimun is 17,500 usually (events that have creatures that count as 3 or 5 kills should have bigger numbers), so it's not an easy goal, but way batter than doing 3.500 kills and stopping.

#27 GreatGazoo

GreatGazoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:12

yes ... yes it is! people want to race to EOC, without doing everything the game has to give. then when they get there they cry they dont have anything to do, so all the cows time is spent on giving you more levels to race through. all while there is everything there for you to do, but you didnt want to do it. take the month to go through Xind or Kartak at your time, invent that obscure set. so they take all their time making content for you instead of fixing the broken things that made the game fun ... stop asking for more. its all here, play the game! ... stop asking for more, you were just handed the "win" button ffs!

Edited by GreatGazoo, 19 April 2015 - 04:28.

#28 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:25

Wait, who said anything about EOC, levels, Karthak, Xind or anything like that?

I'm talking about the Global Event here, nothing else, I'm not saying I want more potions, more prizes, more free stuff, nothing.

Most of the community do only the minnimun kills for Ruby, nothing more because they know they can't reach Top 100, so there is no need to go over the minnimun, and those with huge stamina banks can easily go for Top 100 and get 5 chests instead of 3, that is a huge advantage.

I know players who spent more FSPs on stamina deserves the right to have an advantage, they bought all that after all.

But giving 1 extra chest for 5x minnimun make people able to work on a personal fixed goal, raising the participation on the Global Events, that's not free, they still need to burn 5 times more stamina and time, if they want to. Players with smaller stamina banks can hunt, wait for stamina rebuild and hunt again, that's a lot better than people just doing the minnimun.

#29 GreatGazoo

GreatGazoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:29

you didnt read it through .... you guys are asking for the "win" button after its already been handed to you

#30 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:37

you didnt read it through .... you guys are asking for the "win" button after its already been handed to you

Like I said on chat, I'm not talking about a way to have an extra chest, but about a way to increase community activity during Globals.

And yeah, that event in particular didn't needed any, but most of the events make people go for minnimun only, the frag addition on the critters are great and make the events a lot better, but that means nothing for those who don't compose.

#31 GreatGazoo

GreatGazoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:40

This is a community event. One for all and all for one .. or none. the top 100 shouldnt even get any bonus in my opinion, because it just sets off everything the Global stands for ... stop the GREED!

Edited by GreatGazoo, 19 April 2015 - 04:43.

#32 GreatGazoo

GreatGazoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:41

sigh! 

*all edited due to lag*

Edited by GreatGazoo, 19 April 2015 - 04:44.

#33 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:09

This is a community event. One for all and all for one .. or none. the top 100 shouldnt even get any bonus in my opinion, because it just sets off everything the Global stands for ... stop the GREED!

greed is a bi-product ... i remember back as u prob do when LE events were so RARE it was pandemonium when one started because they came at cows discretion, not when the community asked, community got too much control in too many ways, im sure hoof had a vision somewhere that is now lost, one thing that shouldnt have changed, every square you moved there was a person on it moving with you and it was a race .... just to get to the map where the LE mobs were, then u had to fight for your drops, now i remember cool moments :D

#34 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:25

one thing that shouldnt have changed, every square you moved there was a person on it moving with you and it was a race .... just to get to the map where the LE mobs were, then u had to fight for your drops, now i remember cool moments :D

I remember those (good old) days ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#35 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:38

I remember those (good old) days ...

sword was my first MMORPG, itll always be speshul for those and many other moments :D

#36 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:57

As I usually hunt the ones with drops 1x1, I rarely get anywhere near top 100. But I accept this as my own shortcoming, and feel those that consistently make top 100 deserve their due. Yeah, they have big stam banks, but I imagine additional stam is also purchased. I agree with Cy, 101-150 should receive a little extra, but basing a reward on number of kills is illogical, since the numbers vary greatly from event to event. The time and expense put in are part of the spirit of competition, and breaking it down further downplays their efforts, which in my book is wrong. Like Doomikins said, the current reward system is sound as is. We always want more. FS already gives much more than other games. When will we be satisfied?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#37 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 13:27

Seems to me this is about wanting more... Sorry but i think it is fine as is.. its a community Event wether you put in 5k kills or Put in 100k kills ... Get into top 100 sure then you deserved you bonus.. Get 1 spot out or lower than enjoy the Chest you'll recieve and try again next time.. Its honestly sad that this topic is even here and we cant just enjoy what HCS gives us...

#38 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 21:19

I think it is not fair for those who do 200k+ kills to get the same reward as those who only did the bare minimum of 5k kills

Wrong event to raise this one. When the community is getting double the required kills, then going for 200k kills is entirely a personal choice. Unfairness has nothing to do with it.

#39 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:18

It's good the way it is. I have a good load of stamina, and I do not even think I can make it into the top100, and besides that, if I burn all my stamina trying to do so, then I cannot do the other things I like to do in this game.

So sure blame and flame the stam banks but perhaps killing "600K" critters is not everybodies type of fun in this game.

#40 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 00:50

I voted no , This is an exceptional global  due to the high level of the potions offered  on completion , lets get real here  players chose to do 200,000+ kills as they wanted to ensure  as far as is possible their place in the top 100,   never seen the community come together like this , not so long ago  The Cows were accused of setting up for failure  on the premise the target was too high !!!  well this global result has  made a mockery of all those complaints , , It was simply a choice and for this global  the rewards are such that every one wants to make sure they get the ruby chest ( Extravagant  Easter Basket ) After this Event the community will never be able to complain about the target set !!!  ,   Wee  :)

Edited by Teuchter, 21 April 2015 - 00:50.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: