Photo

Do you think 'RP Farming' i ruining the game if it helps improve the guild GvGing?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: RP farming thoughts (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you thin "RP Farming" ruins the game if it helps improve the guild GvGing?

1. Yes (9 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No (7 votes [29.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

3. Dont Care (8 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2015 - 19:11

GvG as it currently stands is dying out. It only lies in a small handful of players who are benefiting from it due to the farming. Farming is understood as beating dead guilds while they are down over and over again with loopholes to keep them barely alive. Those who voted 'no' are most likely guilty of this.

Edited by BigGrim, 15 October 2015 - 10:58.
Inappropriate comment removed.

#22 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2015 - 19:14

GvG is a good way to keep new players around...

New players don't care about GvG, let alone stick around for it. 

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 22:08

New players don't care about GvG, let alone stick around for it. 

It's a source of income that's almost non existent at this point...

#24 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 22:23

There is a slow but steady cleaning out of inactive members in our guild.

Some of those left because of GvG and without mending their gear.  Others left because of PvP again probably without  mending their gear. Some were called away for real life. Some found this is just not the game for them.

But the common thread of my comment is that they  are gone.  Gone is gone.

I would not be here playing FS if I had been subjected to the continues hits over and over and over that I know others have been.

I've logged in and had to repair my gear with damage in access of 50k. Ouch? Meow?  Bite..

Many new players are to busy learning how to play the game to bother with GvG/PvP. 

I remember seeing a new player upset because she was making potions and PvP players kept hitting for her gold.

Is she still in the game? I don't know because I don't remember her name. I do know it was suggested she join a guild.

As for GvG,  *shrugs*  It is what it is, but not that many people are interested in taking part in it. It's hard on stam, potions, buffs, and repair to gear.

Most profit goes to guilds that hit guilds with no interest in fighting back because they are fighting for the survival of their guild. I still look around the game.  Probably will as long as I play.

#25 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:32

GvG as it currently stands is dying out. It only lies in a small handful of players who are benefiting from it due to the farming. Farming is understood as beating dead guilds while they are down over and over again with loopholes to keep them barely alive. Those who voted 'no' are most likely guilty of this.

I had a post going earlier saying you may mean "no", but saw you corrected it once I came back.

I agree almost completely with your definition of an RP farmer. I'd expand it to say that it would be targeting any guild who would be considered an "easy" win - aka won't hit back, have bad rating, know that they don't understand buffs/gear combinations and would lose in the first few hits. Many "specialized" (farming) guild are centered around this aspect. They pick lower level, weaker targets who don't understand the game. They continue to prey on those targets and both profit in terms of Rating and RP, with rating not being as big of a deal. It's less so since the GVG update where all GVG's cost the same amount.

When it's lower levels that are targetted, I think it is more harmful to the game. As many used to state in the older GVG threads, coming onto 50-100 attacks on you with your gear completely broken can be disheartening. While most players are settled in at this time, and could probably pay for the repairs, not everyone can. It's especially hard on the lower level players who may still be learning the game, and not have the gold to pay for it.

#26 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:54

Etf...I've checked 3 times in the past, and 2 times yesterday.

What happened to me? Lol

happens to the best of us ;)

GvG is a good way to keep new players around...

that is true, its a good way for them to spend their time in the game and get some upgrades, thats where i first started off trying to get fsps for upgrades when i GvGed for my guild at lvl 49

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#27 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:51

I had a post going earlier saying you may mean "no", but saw you corrected it once I came back.

I agree almost completely with your definition of an RP farmer. I'd expand it to say that it would be targeting any guild who would be considered an "easy" win - aka won't hit back, have bad rating, know that they don't understand buffs/gear combinations and would lose in the first few hits. Many "specialized" (farming) guild are centered around this aspect. They pick lower level, weaker targets who don't understand the game. They continue to prey on those targets and both profit in terms of Rating and RP, with rating not being as big of a deal. It's less so since the GVG update where all GVG's cost the same amount.

When it's lower levels that are targetted, I think it is more harmful to the game. As many used to state in the older GVG threads, coming onto 50-100 attacks on you with your gear completely broken can be disheartening. While most players are settled in at this time, and could probably pay for the repairs, not everyone can. It's especially hard on the lower level players who may still be learning the game, and not have the gold to pay for it.

i agree with the lower levels being targeted, i myself dont like that happening so we aim to hit guilds with active, mature players, and i 9 times outta 10 give the people we have hit some gold to help with repairs, i aim to hit bigger guilds, yes we have hit a few lower guilds but sometimes people want something to do and unfortunately only have X amount of targets in the game because more and more guilds are slowly dying, being destroyed, or merging along with others, i would like to see it become an even playing field where both guilds during the conflict can enjoy it.

you are wrong as i voted no because i believe its a way to teach members (newer players to the aspect of the game) how to do so and earn a few fsps earning it, no one cares really about win, loss or whatever except for a selected group of people, they care about doing something for their guild.. take me for an example, someone hits our guild in GvG, we fight back to show that we wont back down.. why? because we have pride in our wonderful family, and no one labels us anything.... we hit a guild, and they may have 1 target between 2 people and the guild might only have a selected amount of people still actively playing and low and behold we get labelled RP farmers (not saying anyone is labeling us that)... so what if we make a little change? i wont complain, but its not like i have 4 different accounts and cheating my way through it, that my friend would massively ruin the aspect of the game, it takes time, effort and some currency to get a bit of reward back, and in the end, it pays off, we pay the people who put effort in it, so they can upgrade themselves and we throw whats left in the guild to help benefit everyone, this "RP Farming" label people place on most guilds that actively GvG hurts the guilds reputation... its like saying people who titan hunt are only doing it to get some fsps outta it, i know all top guilds would have used both GvG and titan hunting as a source of income at one stage, this isnt directed at you Mr.Charn, but my opinion on the matter.

Yes things might need improving in all aspects of the game, but to throw labels at people is a bit ridiculous, especially when its hard to get by in the game without spending your hard earned money.... might be cheap for most people who play, but its definatley not for me and most other people

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#28 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 15:58

Amen to that, Macb00k!

Also we loved it that your members actually initiated against us! If you want I can consult you on how to optimize it a bit, to the benefit of your member win ratio and ofc to the benefit of your guild :D Just message me ingame like always if your interested :3

I created my group just for the reasons you mentioned above. And everyone in my GvG crew is mainly there to earn FSPs to upgrade themselves. We would be churnin out way more GvGs if we wouldnt be paralyzed all the time by the stupid long GvG Cooldown.

Edited by tuvok77, 15 October 2015 - 16:01.

#29 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2015 - 16:49

Amen to that, Macb00k!

Also we loved it that your members actually initiated against us! If you want I can consult you on how to optimize it a bit, to the benefit of your member win ratio and ofc to the benefit of your guild :D Just message me ingame like always if your interested :3

I created my group just for the reasons you mentioned above. And everyone in my GvG crew is mainly there to earn FSPs to upgrade themselves. We would be churnin out way more GvGs if we wouldnt be paralyzed all the time by the stupid long GvG Cooldown.

see there are multiple different sides to GvGing now, some wanna upgrade themselves, others for fun, then there is glory, dominance and so on, as much as it seems like most are "farming" RP what else could you expect when 75% of guilds are running dry.... it will eventually end in having roughly 10 guilds give or take left in the game, 4 being the most active and would just be a battle between them.... not sure if any of what im saying now makes sense... but in the end, if there are targets then your guild might be hit by mine or others.... ill pay for your members repairs, and if you want hold me to that because 9 times outta 10 when im not busy i do so.

As for the lower levels getting picked on... how often do you find a GvGer below level 150 now? rarely, yeah there are a few, but they may not be active much, most people who GvG are in the high level ranges...

again not sure if im making a bit of sense here at all.... my apologies

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: