27 replies to this topic

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 21:24

I really liked the addition of "Flash Sales" i really think they should become a permanent part of the game (if they haven't already). It came across my mind earlier that maybe this can also be extended to guild upgrades as well. It will be very beneficial for up and starting guilds and even long standing guilds. If guild store/guild structures/max members etc went on sale i can see it being very beneficial... Thoughts...Ideas...Criticism...??? I'd like to hear what the community thinks.

#2 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 23:42

I think that can work.

#3 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2015 - 23:51

I like the idea, it can only be beneficial. I'd like to see it run alongside the player upgrade flash sale, i.e. at the same time.

(edited as got double posted)

Edited by stimpysam, 01 November 2015 - 23:51.

#4 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 23:53

I like the idea, it can only be beneficial. I'd like to see it run alongside the player upgrade flash sale, i.e. at the same time.

(edited as got double posted)

Even better ;)

#5 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:40

😀 great idea

#6 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:55

Anything that will  "save a buck" I am for  =) 

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:40

I'll bring the idea to Hoofmaster. See what he thinks.

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 19:59

I'll bring the idea to Hoofmaster. See what he thinks.

Awesome :)

#9 bjkills

bjkills

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 17:00

Already posted this idea about 2 months ago. @me next time

Professional Arena Player when it comes to losing. Avid Titan Hunter. Sometimes I buy and sell stuff.

#10 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2015 - 21:17

Good idea :)

#11 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:23

Good idea :)

I like the idea too IF it the Guild Upgrade Flash Sales would only be availabe for "smaller" guilds, for EXAMPLE under 50 members !!!

my reasoning to NOT include the big guilds in the Guild Upgrade Flash Sales is the following:

top / bigger guilds already have many structures / upgrades / guild store slots / "better" relics / advantages compared to smaller guilds => the "gap" between them does NOT need to increase even more !!!

as many of you have probably noticed many smaller guilds are dissolving which is a BAD thing !!!

members from smaller guilds try joining top / bigger guilds and leaving their small guilds behind or smaller guilds merging with other guilds => resulting in fewer # of guilds :(

last month 2 small guilds merged with another guild and just this weekend a friend was "forced" to dissolve his small guild and joined one of the top10 / bigger guilds (some went with their founder but 2 players decided to retire) :(

top / bigger guilds can "easier" (more members, many advantages, ...) upgrade their structures than smaller guilds & I would rather see more smaller guilds in the game than just a handful of top / bigger guilds !!!

if this keeps going then I fear most of the smaller guilds will be gone in "time" & only top / big guilds will remain which will negatively affect GvG (less guilds to GvG), "lesser" # of FS players, titan hunting, arena, and many other aspects of the game

it always pains me to see a small guild dissolving :(

why help the "RICH" (top / bigger guilds) get richer and the "POOR" (smaller guilds) get poorer ?!?!?

I know what I said is DISADVANTAGEOUS towards my own guild which is a TOP / BIG guild but nonetheless it is true, we need to help smaller guilds and NOT top / big guilds !!!

@HOOF @HCS: I really hope you will consider this, you have a lot more game data & know the "dire" situation with the smaller guilds

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#12 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:32

I like the idea too IF it the Guild Upgrade Flash Sales would only be availabe for "smaller" guilds, for EXAMPLE under 50 members !!!

my reasoning to NOT include the big guilds in the Guild Upgrade Flash Sales is the following:

top / bigger guilds already have many structures / upgrades / guild store slots / "better" relics / advantages compared to smaller guilds => the "gap" between them does NOT need to increase even more !!!

as many of you have probably noticed many smaller guilds are dissolving which is a BAD thing !!!

members from smaller guilds try joining top / bigger guilds and leaving their small guilds behind or smaller guilds merging with other guilds => resulting in fewer # of guilds :(

last month 2 small guilds merged with another guild and just this weekend a friend was "forced" to dissolve his small guild and joined one of the top10 / bigger guilds (some went with their founder but 2 players decided to retire) :(

top / bigger guilds can "easier" (more members, many advantages, ...) upgrade their structures than smaller guilds & I would rather see more smaller guilds in the game than just a handful of top / bigger guilds !!!

if this keeps going then I fear most of the smaller guilds will be gone in "time" & only top / big guilds will remain which will negatively affect GvG (less guilds to GvG), "lesser" # of FS players, titan hunting, arena, and many other aspects of the game

it always pains me to see a small guild dissolving :(

why help the "RICH" (top / bigger guilds) get richer and the "POOR" (smaller guilds) get poorer ?!?!?

I know what I said is DISADVANTAGEOUS towards my own guild which is a TOP / BIG guild but nonetheless it is true, we need to help smaller guilds and NOT top / big guilds !!!

@HOOF @HCS: I really hope you will consider this, you have a lot more game data & know the "dire" situation with the smaller guilds

I completely disagree with that entire statement. These flash sales give every guild the chance to upgrade their guild upgrades at a discounted price just like the normal flash sales give every player the chance to upgrade their own character upgrades at a discounted price.

Besides, what gap could there be that would be widened by these coming guild flash sales? Guilds are exclusive only to those members in them.

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:39

Mary, but the discounts would not be on the Gold cost of the Structures, would be on the Upgrade Tab of the 'Guild'.

Things like:

+1 Max Ranks: Useless discount for bigger guilds.
+1 Max Members: All top guild already have it at max.
+1 Max Structures: All big Guilds should have all they need about this, but we would be able to buy for future Structures and save the space.
+1 Guild Store Slots: That would not bring advantage for bigger guilds against small guilds, and will be good to everyone.
+20 History Characters: Almost useless.
+1 Max Mercenaries: Big guilds are all good about this already.
+1 Max members per group: Big guilds are good on this aswell.
+24 hours Front Page Feature: Useless.
+1 Captured Relics: All big Guilds are full.
Enable Guild Item Tagging: Wel...
+1 Max Conflicts: Big guilds also don't need this anymore.
+1 Max Conflict Participants: It already cost only 3 FSPs.
+1% Allowable Tax Rate: All big Guilds already have it full (Also, HCS, that should be REMOVED completelly, would make a lot easier for player to make their own Guilds, should be free to use from 0 to 25%)
Enable Guild Advisor: Almost all Guilds should have this.

You see, the only thing we could really buy would be interesting to buy would be Guild Store and maybe Structures, so maybe would make no big difference for big Guilds anyway.

#14 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:44

wonderful post Mary ,   really nice to see someone thinking about smaller guilds and the role they play in the game ,  guilds are like players we need every active guild we can get , just as the game needs every active player it can get !!!! wee :)  :D

#15 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:10

As mention by Yghor it "could" benefit in helping small guildies more by getting more upgrades easier [on different upgrades most big guilds have it maxed but still not being able to spend as much as big guilds....... on an flash guild store slot sale - for example] [most big guilds already have almost all maxed, maybe only mainly 2 upgrades to increase].

I wrote "could" before because in fact it would help the small guilds that would like to keep up without merging to another guild BUT still would not make small guildies strong enough by themselves (resources within small guildies are more scarse because they have less members) to don't rely and "surrender/give up" to merge with an bigger guild.

On my point of view, sth that could be done to help a bit small guilds[the ones with less than 50 members] to try to don't dissolve is giving them an weakened relic giving +100 max stm +100 xp gain and +2% in all stats and that weakened relic don't needing to protect [easy peasy :P] but if they capture one the max bonus on that stat is still 10% [to avoid exploit of players getting +12% bonus in one stat while on other guilds max is still 10% from relics]......maybe +1 relic capture while they are not maxed on that upgrade to help them to capture an extra relic to try to get more players to join their guild... + Free 24 hours advertise on front page once per week.....surely more things would need to be thought to help small guilds to don't merge with other guilds.

[and as soon as getting 51 members the benefit of that weakened relic is halfed and when reaching 75 members it is extinguished also the +1 extra relic capture is lost when reaching +51 members]

Edited by Kbyte, 10 November 2015 - 04:29.

#16 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:21

I completely disagree with that entire statement. These flash sales give every guild the chance to upgrade their guild upgrades at a discounted price just like the normal flash sales give every player the chance to upgrade their own character upgrades at a discounted price.

there is a difference between PLAYER upgrade flash sales & GUILD UPGRADE flash sales !!!

PLAYER upgrade flash sales:

1 single player uses his own "budget" (FSPs) to upgrade his own character !!!

GUILD UPGRADE flash sales:

X number of players use their own "budget" (FSPs) combined + guilds bank gold to upgrade their guild structures !!!

the more members in a guild (small << big) the "more" budget they have combined to upgrade their guild !!!

as you know guild gold can be increased with players depositing their gold & from TAXES when players are hunting !!!

the "more" players a guild has the "more" gold income the guild gets through taxes (I know it depends on the stamina usage & skills too)

is not there a BIG difference IF for EXAMPLE a small guild with 10 members wants to upgrade their guild structures OR a big guild with 124 members wantso to upgrade their guild structures?

Besides, what gap could there be that would be widened by these coming guild flash sales? Guilds are exclusive only to those members in them.

I already explained the "gap" in my previous post but maybe I can rephrase it:

if you had the choice between 2 different locations / structures then would you pick???

• the city with higher population, "richer", more services to offer, many advantages, ......... with the same 25% TAXES to pay (top / big guild, many members, many & higher structures, many advantages, .....)
  • the country with lesser population, "poorer", less services to offer, many DISadvantages..... with the same 25% TAXES to pay (small guild, fewer members, fewer & lower structures, many DISadvantages, .....)

[we both seem to have choosen #1 (top / big guild) since we are both in top10 guilds !!!]

#17 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:45

Mary, but the discounts would not be on the Gold cost of the Structures, would be on the Upgrade Tab of the 'Guild'.

Things like:

+1 Max Ranks: Useless discount for bigger guilds.
+1 Max Members: All top guild already have it at max.
+1 Max Structures: All big Guilds should have all they need about this, but we would be able to buy for future Structures and save the space.
+1 Guild Store Slots: That would not bring advantage for bigger guilds against small guilds, and will be good to everyone.
+20 History Characters: Almost useless.
+1 Max Mercenaries: Big guilds are all good about this already.
+1 Max members per group: Big guilds are good on this aswell.
+24 hours Front Page Feature: Useless.
+1 Captured Relics: All big Guilds are full.
Enable Guild Item Tagging: Wel...
+1 Max Conflicts: Big guilds also don't need this anymore.
+1 Max Conflict Participants: It already cost only 3 FSPs.
+1% Allowable Tax Rate: All big Guilds already have it full (Also, HCS, that should be REMOVED completelly, would make a lot easier for player to make their own Guilds, should be free to use from 0 to 25%)
Enable Guild Advisor: Almost all Guilds should have this.

You see, the only thing we could really buy would be interesting to buy would be Guild Store and maybe Structures, so maybe would make no big difference for big Guilds anyway.

as long as the GUILD UPGRADE flash sales ONLY include the upgrades you listed then I think it's "ok" because the "gap" will only be a small one

BUT IF the guild structure upgrades include (for EXAMPLE: battle totem from lvl 1 => lvl 2 upgrade, .....) then I am against it for the reasons I posted in my previous posts !!!

IMO the guild structure upgrades (NOT the one yghorbb listed !!! for EXAMPLE: battle totem from lvl 1 => lvl 2 upgrade, .....) are as unfair as the shard events since both of them greatly depend on your location (guild or country [shards]) !!! & to keep it FAIR to EVERYONE I hope we will never see both of them in the game !!!

Edited by mary4ever, 10 November 2015 - 04:46.

#18 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:57

It's a good thing then that the flash sales that have been offered have only been FSP upgrades so the structure issue should not be a problem.

And again, I will say that guild's benefits are exclusive to only members of that guild so there should be no gap between any guild A to guild B unless you decide to look at the meaningless ladders to draw your comparisons. The upgrades that could be bought with the guild flash sales will not affect other guilds, it is primarily to upgrade the surroundings of your own guild and that's it.

#19 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:44

Do not initiate guild flash sales.

It will increase the gulf between rich and poorer guilds.

Richer guilds will take advantage of every flash sale.

Poorer guilds will pick and choose.

It may be argued that every guild will benefit: but some will benefit more than others.

This is a terrible idea. Do not implement it. Unless you want a further entrenchment of the haves and have nots in this game system.

(By the way: this very argument could have been used against the personal flash sales, and may well be true in that case also)

Edited by Belaric, 10 November 2015 - 05:46.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#20 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:05

I don't think Flash Sales kills the game, of course the richer will be able to buy more than the poorer, but at least the poorer will be able to buy something!

Think on a small player perceptive, yesterday I could buy 20 Max Stamina, now I can buy 30, that a good deal for me, but a rich guy could buy 200, and now he can buy 300...Well...I don't care, I want to raise my max stamina.

Another good point "Let me check if we have any Flash Sales today *logs in*", that also increase activety.

All that process build a loyalty system with FS, all games have that, why FS would die because of that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: