Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:35

Who said 'kills' yghorbb?  Not me.

Who said 'die' yghorbb? Not me.

Income disparity in the real world is causing problems and unhappiness.

I think allowing income disparity to increase in this game world will cause problems in terms of game numbers and retention.

I think flash guild sales will increase income disparity within the game.

Mary4ever asked for it to be limited only to guilds with 50 or less members - I think she recognised the harm guild flash sales could cause, and that the buying power of 124 people is obviously greater than the buying power of 25.

I'd like that - but I would because I helm a guild of 19. I don't want to be accused of being hypocritical, so I say don't introduce it at all. Seems fair to me.

Flash sales for individuals make individuals log in - great. 

Would guild flash sales make MORE people log in? I think not. It would only make founders log in more often. And we log in all the time already.  

Edited by Belaric, 10 November 2015 - 06:47.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#22 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:46

Sorry for the extreme words, lol

Guild Flash Sales will only be good for small guilds, like I said, none of the Upgrades big guild will need to buy right now, because we already almost everything maxed, the only thing big guilds would be able to buy is Guild Store Slots, and that doesn't cause any kind disparity, because we can always use player's BPs for a lot smaller cost anyway, would be 'comodity'.

Check the Guild>Upgrades and tell me what a big guild could buy from there, and I will say that we already maxed that upgrade.

Just to be clear, Guild Flash Sales shouldn't be confused with Strucutures, the price for Structures should not get any discount, only the Upgrades itself.

#23 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:57

yghorbb - I like the idea of upgrades that the big guilds already have maxed being offered to smaller guilds at discounted prices to allow them to catch up. It might benefit HCS in that it gives people dedicated to smaller guilds more reason to pump FSP into those guilds. 

That would be awesome.

BUT

I just wonder if guild store slots were offered at say 25FSP/slot (still uneconomical versus using guild members as mules), how long it would be before we had big guild members agitating for another expansion to guild store slots?

OR

That example could be expanded to any guild FSP upgrade. Big Guilds who have maxed out structures could argue (fairly) why they are being discriminated against - they paid premium for all these advantages - why are the newcomers paying less?

(we can all point to titan epic prices as a counter argument, but it is not a precise match at all)

Big guilds banded together and worked together for their advantages - and should enjoy them.

Flash sales to expand their advantage should not happen, in my opinion.

Flash sales that allow smaller guilds to catch up could seem unfair to the big guilds that never had such opportunities.

That point I can see also.

So: No flash sale for guilds. It is just a mess waiting to happen.

And I am clear, structure costs should not in any way be affected. 

Edited by Belaric, 10 November 2015 - 07:05.

• 3JS likes this

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#24 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:04

If the game opens 1000 extra GS slots, that would hurt? Not me, TED for example already have more than 1500 items (I believe)...And no, I REALLY don't think HCS should open more slots...All HCS needs to do it do not open more slots in the future, easy.

I mean, maybe in few years, when we need a much higher EOC and with a LOT more items on the game, with that maybe the GS slots should be raised, but not right now.

The all thing with Guild Flash Sales would be great for medium/small Guilds, but really almost useless for big guilds.

#25 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 00:00

Big Guild Vs small guild has no correlation to rich guild vs poor guild... It's all about loyalty and whose willing to donate fsps to their guild....You can have a huge guild full of rich players and the guild itself could be very poor...and vise versa.

#26 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 14:05

I like the idea too IF it the Guild Upgrade Flash Sales would only be availabe for "smaller" guilds, for EXAMPLE under 50 members !!!

my reasoning to NOT include the big guilds in the Guild Upgrade Flash Sales is the following:

top / bigger guilds already have many structures / upgrades / guild store slots / "better" relics / advantages compared to smaller guilds => the "gap" between them does NOT need to increase even more !!!

as many of you have probably noticed many smaller guilds are dissolving which is a BAD thing !!!

members from smaller guilds try joining top / bigger guilds and leaving their small guilds behind or smaller guilds merging with other guilds => resulting in fewer # of guilds :(

last month 2 small guilds merged with another guild and just this weekend a friend was "forced" to dissolve his small guild and joined one of the top10 / bigger guilds (some went with their founder but 2 players decided to retire) :(

top / bigger guilds can "easier" (more members, many advantages, ...) upgrade their structures than smaller guilds & I would rather see more smaller guilds in the game than just a handful of top / bigger guilds !!!

if this keeps going then I fear most of the smaller guilds will be gone in "time" & only top / big guilds will remain which will negatively affect GvG (less guilds to GvG), "lesser" # of FS players, titan hunting, arena, and many other aspects of the game

it always pains me to see a small guild dissolving :(

why help the "RICH" (top / bigger guilds) get richer and the "POOR" (smaller guilds) get poorer ?!?!?

I know what I said is DISADVANTAGEOUS towards my own guild which is a TOP / BIG guild but nonetheless it is true, we need to help smaller guilds and NOT top / big guilds !!!

@HOOF @HCS: I really hope you will consider this, you have a lot more game data & know the "dire" situation with the smaller guilds

wonderful post Mary ,   really nice to see someone thinking about smaller guilds and the role they play in the game ,  guilds are like players we need every active guild we can get , just as the game needs every active player it can get !!!! wee :)  :D

I agreing with these 2 postings, vey good

#27 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2015 - 18:36

Global Events, including the current one, is a perfect time for Flash Sales, individual and/or guild. *hint hint* :)

#28 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 15:29

I actually only "randomly" came back to this post. At this point, both individual and Guild flash sales are relatively underway. 

My "me-me" request on Guild Flash sales is for Guild Store spots. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: