Photo

Seasonal Epic Change

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Seasonal Epic Cool down (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we change seasonal 1st place, no secure to 80% bonus TKP?

1. Yes (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No (18 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

3. I have another solution to the issue. (please post on thread) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 December 2015 - 16:37

just adjust the maximum amount of titan hp to the amount of TKP needed to buy the epic

don't let the amount of titan hp go over the amount of TKP needed to buy the epic

else it's guild 1 gets a ton of kills on it and gets first place to stay just underneath the amount of TKP needed to buy the epic

guild 2 is a bit slower gets a minor amount of kills

guild 3 same as guild 2

guild 4 is slow people who get very few kills

guild 5 same as guild 4

second spawn of that titan one day later guild one stays just underneath the amount of kills needed to secure the titan and gets enough tkp to buy 2 epics and gets a one week cooldown

guild 2 cleans up a majority of the kills

guild 3 4 and 5 also gobble away some kills

now guild 1 is on cooldown and another guild with fast hunters does the same 

so basically every guild who does this trick get's 2 epics with 1 week cooldown

where the average guild gets 1 epic with 1 week cooldown

so the simple solution would be lowering the titan hp

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#22 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 17:24

Being able to do it has nothing to do with being a fast TH...It takes alot of luck and multiple guilds hunting it opposed to the usual two guilds per titan. Notice how i didn't do the trick this week *Couldn't be asked*.

#23 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 December 2015 - 17:37

Where you wouldn't go on CD after gaining over 6k TKP...When the items weren't in the titan tkp page you could hunt and get like 60k tkp and only get 1 CD when they were put on the page.

This is the loophole that was closed, yes.

#24 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 December 2015 - 15:39

I know its a cool trick Epic. I just saw it as wrong. but if its okay with BG then I will start doing it, = )

#25 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 January 2016 - 17:08

I am sure that HCS is Well aware of the double Epic exchange on the Seasonal Titans. 

You talk about epics value being affected by this. 

*Yea its cool to circumvent the cool down and maximize your seasonal profits but is that hurting the value of the epics long term?*

Yet I don't see a proposal to take the "Titan Doubler" And Teleport Buffs away? Yet this made the epic value drop more than 4 times the normal value.

(Reasonable due to being able to secure a titan in a quarter of the time.)

However, it's the same concept. Just because You didn't take advantage of this, or don't see it being a benefit to your guild; doesn't mean that others shouldn't! 

I say Nay! Keep it the way it is.

Or Abolish titan doubler and Teleport, then talk about decreasing the TKP Bonus. 

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

#26 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 20:13

How about this we ban teleport and titan doubler from the buff market, and you can only have the buff if your able to cast it on your self

#27 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 20:19

Oh yea and unfortunately now a days epics don't have a high sale value ever...Too many average TH are able to get a hold of seasonal epics. Only when the Epic has a high level do you get anything. They don't know how to properly price them therefore they continue to undercut each other WAY too much. I watch people undercut by 25-50 multiple times per day. Now a smart consumer will just hold out say 2-3 weeks until they are worth dirt and then buy. So if no ones buying them they are just hurting the price. No one benefits with this...The poor get poorer and the rich get poor.

Please note that the above was simply a snippet I took from post #13.

This is based on a huge number of assumptions that are not fact based. The examples following are questionable. 

But let's assume for argument's sake that your evaluation that a seasonal epic has potential of 2k FSP is valid. 

So with cooldown, I can buy it for 500 FSP and thus I gain a 1.5k profit from cooldown. 

I don't know if I explained myself very well, but I hope you get the gist.

In any case, nobody actually gets poorer or poor. And they can't because a gain is not realized until it's earned. What the argument leads to is the simple suggestion that HCS should simply launch a fixed number of Epics into Eldirath at random. Heck, we could add them to the Temple. Would you prefer that? I doubt it.

Regardless, keep in mind that people decide what they want to do with their stam and that NOT all the people going after these are doing it to make "profit" from FSP. You yourself said you had tons of fun. You still did them despite that "oh-so-horrible" underpricing on the Epics.

So, Egami diatribe aside, many benefit from the cooldown. Buyers, according to your calc, automatically "gain" 1.5k FSP.

The exploit is gone, but I'm sure there's a strategy out there. 

All-in-all, these things are zero sum as far as FSP is concerned over the entire game base. I think there are way more benefits to the game via player satisfaction/excitement. And cooldown is key to increasing that for those Guilds that Titan hunt.

Edit: a few minor grammar corrections. Chaucer for da win. None of them were actually relevant. 

Added: BG has stated that the prior exploit has been fixed. I'm not too sure if that means that the topic has become irrelevant. Only WB can say. 

I did not vote. There was no choice for me. Based on the options, I would have voted "no". 

Before BG's comment, what I personally would really liked to have seen was more an explanation as to how to implement the strategy to take advantage. 

There is a fine line on the exploitation issue. However, HCS is well aware that we aren't morons. I do NOT agree that all players taking advantage of so-called "exploits" are bannable. Let it be said: scripts aside. A new strategy that is fair to the game can now be developed. I say that tongue-in-cheek simply because I'm 99% sure it already has been. 

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0 

PS... as you can all see, getting rid of my text walls was not a part of my New Year's resolutions. Maybe for the Chinese New Year... not, lmao.

Edited by Egami, 01 January 2016 - 22:57.

• Rek likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: