• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 15:35

As 'wasd' movement is already in the game and hardware render is coming, I think first person view would be a nice addition. Don't you think seeing your enemy eye-to-eye would be cool? 

This would ofc be something you can choose in the settings.

I think this would make the game more unique. 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#2 Kenchirou

Kenchirou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 16:45

Epic idea =) It would be great to have first person view with ranger class , show's crossbow.. etc :-) even with warrior thrown weapon and assassin dual blades

Kench's Remants industries

o ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

tumblr_n8wwh7rh9N1rw3w54o3_r1_500.gif_________________________________________________________

~ Never be a salad, Be the best god damn broccoli you could ever be ~

All Remants for sale Click ---------------> HERE

#3 xXxMomoxXx

xXxMomoxXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 16:56

I bet you play Counter Strike :P

But you couldn't see who's using range attack or Spells if you wont check mini-map :P

Message or Mail me for any Suggestions or Corrections.

[Tool]Talent Planner

More stuff on my 'about me'.

Message or Mail me for any Suggestions or Corrections.

#4 MerchantRathe

MerchantRathe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 18:04

Im still waiting on the better Arial view to be placed in the game in open areas seems my friends cant see what i see why i dont know same res but what ever lol. but FPP would be interesting to play ator even drop the cam behind the char like most 3D games the cam angles in this game are a pain some times to navigate maps constant spinning makes me dizzy lol. glad i dont have to do it that much .dungeons i play it in diablo perspective above lol. release the new angles already the pics look cool to see the entire wall of EC even i cant see that with my views :)

#5 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2014 - 18:17

If we did allow full zoom-in when using the hardware renderer, we would probably hide the players completely. Our current player/weapon models or spell effects are not suited to that perspective. Usually a game will switch to completely different higher resolution arm/weapon models for first person views.

Seeing as we probably don't have time to make those higher poly/res models, we'd just hide the player in the same way they do in World of Warcraft for their first person view.

Cowboy has made leaps and bounds with the hardware renderer though. It's performing really nicely at the moment :D Shouldn't be too long a wait now!

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#6 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 20:09

I bet you play Counter Strike :P

But you couldn't see who's using range attack or Spells if you wont check mini-map :P

No, I haven't played CS, but I've played MineCraft :P

Seeing your weapon would be very nice, but I understand the work it requires, so a compromise is good enough. 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#7 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2014 - 20:21

Does Silver Hawk Inn still show what ground level will look like?  Or has it changed since then?

(Anyone who hasn't been there, take a look.  It's really cool looking.  And the best place to view gear.)

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#8 Marki

Marki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:02

Silver Hawk Inn did still do ground level view as of about a week ago, and I would like that everywhere too. Much more "natural" looking for me (more so the First Person is, ironically - I think it's something to do with the how people scan the area ahead of them in real life that First Person doesn't properly replicate, at least for me).

One thing about the view we get that bugs me when wandering around (in built up areas in partucular) is the way, if I turn my back on a nearby wall, my view point zooms upwards. Most game I've played zoom inwards, or view the other side of the wall, and either of those options would be preferable.

#9 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:39

I think we will be changing the camera collision behaviour to zoom-in rather than change-angle once we have the hardware renderer. It winds me up too :D Was possibly a necessary evil of the way we were using the camera originally.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: