• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 23:33

I feel that this is probably most appropriate in suggestions but its also somewhat of a general commentary.

I noticed that the max population for each server is 1000, which seems low, but obviously the actual population is usually only 60-150 on US East depending on the time of day.

Question:  Is it a good thing, a bad thing, or completely irrelevant whether AFK players are online or offline?  If AFK players are online it raises the population level which can drive interest in a game.  Of course, those people aren't actually interacting while AFK and the average player will notice if there are a bunch of characters standing around doing nothing (or an absence of characters if the AFK players are located somewhere obscure).  If the game suddenly becomes wildly popular perhaps it would be a good thing if AFK players are encouraged to be offline.

I'm not going to answer this question because I don't have the answer, but its the basis of my following statement:  Having rested EXP encourages me to log off anytime I figure I might be AFK for an hour or more.

The possible suggestion is this: Allow rested EXP to accrue when in a rested EXP area regardless of whether a player is online or offline.

EDIT:  My bad, for some reason I thought it only accrued offline.  Perhaps the offline aspect was touted in the membership so I got it in my head.  And maybe when I first tested a long time ago I was looking for actual EXP gain and didn't understand the concept of rested.  Consider this post dead.

Edited by Doja, 01 March 2014 - 05:03.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#2 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2014 - 23:36

It does accrue  while you are in a rested area on or off line.. From what I have seen... Just going off line frees up some CPU power...

#3 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:52

Yeah, the rested exp. works when you're offline. I just leave my main and alt. characters in a rested exp. area then log off. I don't think there's any difference in the rested exp online vs offline since it looks like the same rate to me.

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: