Photo

Zeus' Eldevin Spreadsheet with Friends

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#21 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:00

I made a few changes.
Keeping all the item xp numbers locally is a bit of a problem when the values change, as just happened. So I changed it so that it uses a service to get the numbers. This makes the initial load of the sheet a little bit slower but speeds up things like changing character a lot.
When you change an item in the ready reckoner it takes 1 or 2 seconds to get the materials and display them. I think it is worth it though because you will always get the latest xp/mats.

Anyway. To upgrade to the new one.
Open the link and make a copy as before.
GFYYkuQ.png
For the moment leave that document name as it is.
Wait until it has opened, initialised and shown the splash dialog.
You now need to authorise the script if you want to use some of the new features. The easiest way to do this is to just use the FRIENDS menu to open the search sidebar. This will cause the spreadsheet to request authorisation as explained in a previous post.
Agree to the request for authorisation.
You now need to get your Chars and Friends into the new sheet. If you are familiar with spreadsheets you can just ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-v your data from the old to the new.
If you aren't comfortable with that you can do it this way.
Open your older version of the spreadsheet.
Scroll your tabs all the way to the  right and on the Chars tab choose Copy to...
BMJzvBs.png
It will then show  you a list of sheets to copy to.
Choose the copy of the new sheet you just made above
8xGkyrA.png
Click the Select button. It will show you that it was successful
3ENZdSM.png
Repeat that for the Friends tab.
Chars and Friends are the only things you want from the old spreadsheet.
Open the new spreadsheet and scroll your tabs all the way to the right and you will see
vv3jMDo.pngThe 'Copy of Chars' and 'Copy of Friends' are the ones from your old spreadsheet.
To get this new spreadsheet to use them you need to rename them.
Use the tab menu to rename the blue Chars and Friends to 'Chars Old' and 'Friends Old'
pbGXaRv.pngthen rename the 'Copy of Chars' to Chars and 'Copy of Friends' to Friends
Now refresh  the page so that the spreadsheet reloads. This will remake the char dropdown on the Skill tab and allow you to select all your chars. If you don't refresh the page the dropdown will only contain Main and will probably error somehow.

You are now up and running with the new spreadsheet and all your chars and friends are there with you :)

What's new.
Well from a user point of view not a lot really. I think i clobbered all of the spelling mistakes.
The ready reckoner now displays more than 10 items you can craft.
dH5J8Sg.pngin this case 200 items for those that like endless scrolling. You can set how many you want to see up in the top right 'Show # items'. All of the craftable items and xp are there so it even shows items that need flakes and rems but you would never use for power levelling. Not all of the mats you need for special items are there yet but that is ok because when they are added you will get them automatically because they come from the service.
When you select a different item to craft you will see that the mats are Loading...
gJIbGD3.png
and if you are quick enough with your mouse and mouseover where it says Loading... it shows a red Error box. This is very misleading 1. because there is no error yet 2. the act of loading data is not a red error condition. Oh well take that up with Google :).

The service it uses is a noddy json api at this address
It is sort of restful in the sense that you can add parameters on the end like this
?domain=craftItem&craft=Leatherworking
That will get you all Leatherworking items
?domain=craftItem&craft=Leatherworking&level=42&count=10
That will get you the top 10 Leatherworking items and xp at level 42
?domain=craftItem&craft=Leatherworking&item=Refined Tough Cowl
all the mats for a Refined Tough Cowl prettyprinted
It is not restful because it is readonly and if it was the url would be like this
/craftItem/Leatherworking/42/10
Anyway you can use the api in other projects if you want and i will maybe expand it a bit as things come along or until HCS provides a real one  :D

Edited by ZeusIV, 11 March 2015 - 03:51.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: