#1 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 January 2013 - 21:08

ok please just hear me out on this. I am trying to figure out a way that a player can wear epic gear for the stamina/gains but at the same time not be such an easy target.

What I am going to suggest is radical I know but I think it could work. This change would apply to all current owners of epics, whenever a player invents a new epic, a person who solo secures an epic, or the guild founder of a guild that secures/buys (with TKP) an epic.

Lets say for example:
Right now I have a Perfect Fully Forged Bladed War Gauntlets.
Damage= 1087 and Defense= 637

As the current owner I would be able to make a one time change and make it
Armor= 1087 and Attack = 637

you could make it an (high FSP cost) upgrade to reset it again (or not)

This could make merchanting more involved as well because the same epic would have different values based on what stats it particularly has.

I know nothing of coding, so I don't know how hard this would be to implement, or if its not even possible.

I also know this was very long and some may not have even bothered to read, but feedback would be appreciated.

#2 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 21:21

I can't imagine it being a hard change as those Dragon Draped Epics are pretty much the same item just in differant slots that you invent.
As with the Colossus item/s.. One is attack+Damage the other Attack+defence and is invented into it.

Same principal I think your thinking, I think- Good idea for some of the epics.
However, some should be kept 'original'

#3 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2013 - 22:25

ok please just hear me out on this. I am trying to figure out a way that a player can wear epic gear for the stamina/gains but at the same time not be such an easy target.

What I am going to suggest is radical I know but I think it could work. This change would apply to all current owners of epics, whenever a player invents a new epic, a person who solo secures an epic, or the guild founder of a guild that secures/buys (with TKP) an epic.

Lets say for example:
Right now I have a Perfect Fully Forged Bladed War Gauntlets.
Damage= 1087 and Defense= 637

As the current owner I would be able to make a one time change and make it
Armor= 1087 and Attack = 637

you could make it an (high FSP cost) upgrade to reset it again (or not)

This could make merchanting more involved as well because the same epic would have different values based on what stats it particularly has.

I know nothing of coding, so I don't know how hard this would be to implement, or if its not even possible.

I also know this was very long and some may not have even bothered to read, but feedback would be appreciated.

I think a chance to 'reforge' gear would be cool, and enable further customization with setups.

Keep Set Bonuses the same as it came with, and allow people to change around Enhancements on gear. Let it be expensive. It would serve as an amazing gold sink.

Im not just talking about Epics.

It could also work like 'another MMO' with the same idea... take a % of one stat, and put it into any other stat of your choice. Higher %, more gold... ALOT more

#4 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2013 - 22:43

maybe make it to if you do this then the item will become bound unless you reset it

#5 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 23:17

Epics were powerful in stats (other than stam gain) before SH/CoA/CoD. Even with something like this, they'll still be underpowered compared to set items with said buffs.

It comes down to the risk for the reward: Easier pvp target : More stam gain.

#6 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 January 2013 - 23:24

Epics were powerful in stats (other than stam gain) before SH/CoA/CoD. Even with something like this, they'll still be underpowered compared to set items with said buffs.

I agree, I am just trying to come up with a couple ideas that would make PvP less one-sided. I think everyone can agree that when a player is engaging in PvP they can put on gear and get buffs and the battle will far to often be one sided

#7 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2013 - 23:29

Yup, I agree. If you want the benefits of the stam gain, accept the fact that the flipside is you'll potentially be more attractive as a pvp target...

#8 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2013 - 23:59

One of the consequences could be that only a few players get to use optimal arena gear - so somehow the re-forging should be somewhat controlled, stat-wise. Changes to the gear would only have 2 stat changing options?

And I doubt very much that the sat changes in Epic gear would improve the chances against PvP attacks, unless the attacker is wearing a speedo. ;)

#9 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 20:59

I think things should stay as they are. Not everyone can afford those nice shiny items that give stamina gain. To be able to change they way they are and still get the stamina gain is, forgive the term, greedy.

In life there is always a price to pay for the easy way.

......the attacker is wearing a speedo.

If HCS ever comes out with something like this...... :?
Posted Image

#10 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:56

It would not matter at all what you do with epics ,to skilled pvpers/gvgers every setup has weakness including the best in game ,there are only 2 reasons to hit players gold or prestige,outside the bounty board / ladder system....you do not want to be an easy target do not wear stam gain...offline and unbuffed everyone is an easy target.

#11 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:53

It would not matter at all what you do with epics ,to skilled pvpers/gvgers every setup has weakness including the best in game ,there are only 2 reasons to hit players gold or prestige,outside the bounty board / ladder system....you do not want to be an easy target do not wear stam gain...offline and unbuffed everyone is an easy target.

Most definitely. The only time I ever hit someone is for gold, and 9/10, they're either hunting, or just finished. Quite frankly, an option to reforge gear could help PvP get more interesting, regardless of the quality of gear people have access to.

It could also bring another tier of strategy to PvP, and work as an effective gold sink :)

Old Suggestion: I still feel that Hunting should be made alot more difficult than it is now.... Throwing in some Attack/Defense mobs, or attack/armor mobs, suicide mobs, and a combination of different 'setups' would make the game more interesting :)

#12 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 21:18

Regarding your old suggestion, isn't that what SE's are for? Or even elites and some titans, gvg? Pvp? To change gear that frequently during a regular hunt would make it that much more tedious. Would that make it more fun? I think not.

For purely selfish reasons, I like any ideas that make epics better. The downside is the demand would pickup and we are gonna see epics at epic prices again. Will make more guilds Titan hunt. Hmm. Maybe not so bad :) I think someone already suggested but I would like to see epics merged together to boost its stat. 1st merge would add 25-50% of stat. 2nd merge would add 10-25% with a high failure rate so you can actually lose both epics. Mwuahaha

#13 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2013 - 22:40

Regarding your old suggestion, isn't that what SE's are for? Or even elites and some titans, gvg? Pvp? To change gear that frequently during a regular hunt would make it that much more tedious. Would that make it more fun? I think not.

For purely selfish reasons, I like any ideas that make epics better. The downside is the demand would pickup and we are gonna see epics at epic prices again. Will make more guilds Titan hunt. Hmm. Maybe not so bad :) I think someone already suggested but I would like to see epics merged together to boost its stat. 1st merge would add 25-50% of stat. 2nd merge would add 10-25% with a high failure rate so you can actually lose both epics. Mwuahaha

Not everyone hunts Elites, SEs or Titans. Im not suggesting that EVERY mob in an area had different stats... maybe mobs in different realms -shrug-

Understanding how stats work, and being able to counter them is a very handy skill to have, and its not one that someone who strictly Levels wouldnt understand very well :)

#14 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 23:04

I have been adjusting gear every level depending on the mob. You must be super strong but I keep a spreadsheet of the mobs I will battle so I know what gear and buffs to get. I take off the crystal gear when I can as well. I don't need more headaches as I level along. But for sure my experience hasn't been without checking the mob first as I am not superstrong

#15 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 23:37

Old Suggestion: I still feel that Hunting should be made alot more difficult than it is now.... Throwing in some Attack/Defense mobs, or attack/armor mobs, suicide mobs, and a combination of different 'setups' would make the game more interesting :)

Can I go back to your original statement which I've placed above mate. Your asking for " Hunting " to be made far more difficult than it is now. Correct? So really your asking that leveling is made more difficult than it is now. No? Is this " harder hunt " to be introduced at a certain level or throughout the game? And what about those players that have taken full advantage of this so called easy hunting and reached EOC are they to be deleveled to scratch so as to level through the new and improved mobs? If hunting was suddenly made harder and therefore leveling then I would have to say....yes, as their level would actually mean nothing as it was achieved through so called " easy hunting ". Just a few points that have to be addressed when asking for " more difficult hunting ".

Not on topic, I know, but.......oh well.

Cheers.

wil72

#16 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2013 - 23:50

I have been adjusting gear every level depending on the mob. You must be super strong but I keep a spreadsheet of the mobs I will battle so I know what gear and buffs to get. I take off the crystal gear when I can as well. I don't need more headaches as I level along. But for sure my experience hasn't been without checking the mob first as I am not superstrong

Im not super strong, and I would never say that. I just have no problem hunting. Atm, all I need is 1k Armor, and stack damage. I dont look at the monster unless i lose alot of imps, and im sure any adjustments required is minimal, Id just like to HAVE to check mobs before hunting, and change gear accordingly, and if you truly plan out your hunts properly, Combat Sets would work wonders ;)

Can I go back to your original statement which I've placed above mate. Your asking for " Hunting " to be made far more difficult than it is now. Correct? So really your asking that leveling is made more difficult than it is now. No? Is this " harder hunt " to be introduced at a certain level or throughout the game? And what about those players that have taken full advantage of this so called easy hunting and reached EOC are they to be deleveled to scratch so as to level through the new and improved mobs? If hunting was suddenly made harder and therefore leveling then I would have to say....yes, as their level would actually mean nothing as it was achieved through so called " easy hunting ". Just a few points that have to be addressed when asking for " more difficult hunting ".

Cheers.

wil72

This suggestion (which didnt start as my own) is a couple years old. However HCS wanted to implement something like this... is up to them. It would be 'fairer' to start at EOC... but Hunting until then would still be boring, even if it is faster

#17 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 00:03

Cheers.

wil72

This suggestion (which didnt start as my own) is a couple years old. However HCS wanted to implement something like this... is up to them. It would be 'fairer' to start at EOC... but Hunting until then would still be boring, even if it is faster

Wasn't suggesting it was your original idea mate I've seen similiar before and also commented on them. It could really only be introduced beyond EOC any other way would make EOC level void in my opinion. As for " Leveling " being boring you might have a point :D But its a means to an end. If the damned top 250 Guilds would just stay static for a couple of weeks.... :evil:

Cheers.

wil72

#18 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:17

You could say pretty much everything is boring. Farming, Titan hunting, gvg, etc. the joy comes from the reward for the effort. Same with leveling. IMHO.

#19 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:40

You could say pretty much everything is boring. Farming, Titan hunting, gvg, etc. the joy comes from the reward for the effort. Same with leveling. IMHO.

PvP and GvG arent boring. FAR from boring. I enjoy the challenge that different people bring. Hunting is mandatory, so I do it. I just dont see any challenge. -shrugs-

#20 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:04

With pvp you get instant payment for your hits. Plus you put the hurt on the other player so I didn't say it was boring. Adrenaline rush really. Now gvg is boring. Especially when you have 1 target and you can only hit them 1x every 2 minutes. Do you change gear on a weak target? Nope. Hit. Wait 2 mins. Hit. Repeat. I dare say everything else in the game is funner then that. Be honest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: