55 replies to this topic

#21 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 21:21

If this was a guild prize, how about it being a structure. Zero upkeep, percentage stat or enhancement boosts. It could be a like relic that cannot be taken and won't need to be defended.

Small detail: if a temporary prize (ie a number of weeks or months maybe) then a countdown timer could be added to the description on the manage page.

Another possibility for the prize. What kind of bonus were you thinking the relic would give?

I'd make it just like a relic -- all stats and enhancements, additional to any realm relic held (so no 10% cap), maybe some stam and xp gains but not overpowered on those.

With all stats based on a percentage it would be useful to all guild mambers, regardless of level or play style. By not being a realm relic it could not be taken by another guild.

Ok, but I think it would have to be a little overpowering if everyone would be after it. Would 15-20% bonus be a little too much or does it sound just about right?

#22 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 21:57

I think 10% would be plenty. It would be additional to any realm relics already held which are capped at 10% bonus, so would still be valued by all guilds whether they hold any relics or not. 100% to all enhancements would also be valuable -- 100% master inventor / master crafter / 1st strike -- invaluable.

The big advantage would be that it would apply to all guild members, whatever their level, no sharing. Also ease of coding as most is already in place for this. Add to that the relic would come fully empowered and at Zero cost, and cannot be taken, no need to defend wasting stam travelling to and from. (And don't forget a few extra stam gains for all and xp gains too)

#23 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 22:05

I think 10% would be plenty. It would be additional to any realm relics already held which are capped at 10% bonus, so would still be valued by all guilds whether they hold any relics or not. 100% to all enhancements would also be valuable -- 100% master inventor / master crafter / 1st strike -- invaluable.

The big advantage would be that it would apply to all guild members, whatever their level, no sharing. Also ease of coding as most is already in place for this. Add to that the relic would come fully empowered and at Zero cost, and cannot be taken, no need to defend wasting stam travelling to and from. (And don't forget a few extra stam gains for all and xp gains too)

So what you are saying is it will just be an additional 10% to whatever relic they already have? I was thinking of just having a new relic with some big bonuses of 15-20%

#24 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 22:05

Why not just call it "WIN" and be done ? ;)

#25 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 22:40

So what you are saying is it will just be an additional 10% to whatever relic they already have? I was thinking of just having a new relic with some big bonuses of 15-20%

No -- an all stat and enhancement relic with stam & xp gains, regardless of what they already have.

Why not just call it "WIN" and be done ? ;)

As I understand the OP the idea is to win an awesome prize for an awsome effort by a guild. The prize would have a 'shelf life' after which it can be fought for again and hopefully won by a different guild.

If there were a problem with only 'certain' guild/s always winning then there could be cooldowns. There could also be 'ladder' bands within which guilds would compete for a prize in each band, thereby spreading the opportunities.

It seemed to me that the prize/s being suggested were a bit over complicated so I thought something like a relic or structure might be simpler and more universally useful.

#26 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 23:31

It seemed to me that the prize/s being suggested were a bit over complicated so I thought something like a relic or structure might be simpler and more universally useful.

It wasn't so much against the idea of a relic, per se, but ..

1. A further 10% boost to all stats
2. 100% to all enhancements
3. Fully empowered with no upkeep
4. Stam gains
5. XP gains

That doesn't seem a trifle overpowered to you ? LOL

#27 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 23:45

4. Stam gains
5. XP gains

All of the above, overpowered. It would seem reasonable for 10% boost along with the no upkeep and a small gain of each stam and XP.

#28 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 23:48

4. Stam gains
5. XP gains

All of the above, overpowered. It would seem reasonable for 10% boost along with the no upkeep and a small gain of each stam and XP.

Even +1 to stam gain and xp gain ONLY is a worthwhile prize - adding another 10% to all stats is still overpowered. There's a reason that the total relic bonus was brought down to 10% ;)

#29 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 23:55

If the idea is to get any support then the reward will need to be good.

Titans rewards are epic, yet rarely do you see more than 2 or 3 members of a guild fighting to secure the same titan. To persuade a whole guild that it is worth their time and stam to participate I think the reward does need to be substantial.

Please note I said 10% would be plenty. Nothing is set in stone, details can be thrashed out when & if the idea gets enough support to attract a cow.

(I only joined the discussion to see if the reward could be kept simple enough to make the whole idea more viable. I see many ideas in the forum that might be good but ultimately they fail to attract the cows because players want to overcomplicate everything.)

#30 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 00:02

4. Stam gains
5. XP gains

Even +1 to stam gain and xp gain ONLY is a worthwhile prize - adding another 10% to all stats is still overpowered. There's a reason that the total relic bonus was brought down to 10% ;)

+1 would be good, but a regular Epic gets that and sometimes more. The point is supposed to be a temporary boost that would be big enough for everyone to want it. If a cool down has to be put place, so be it. Even a 5% additional boost to a relic would be good.

But a relic as a prize does limit the possible bonuses...

#31 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 00:28

+1 would be good, but a regular Epic gets that and sometimes more. The point is supposed to be a temporary boost that would be big enough for everyone to want it. If a cool down has to be put place, so be it. Even a 5% additional boost to a relic would be good.

But a relic as a prize does limit the possible bonuses...

The +1 would be over and above any other relic bonuses ...

Anyways, I seem to want to limit the power of this "desired guild wide reward" whilst some want it to be game-breaking in its stupendous over-powered-ness ...

I dunno if the cows will do anything about this thread - or even read it - but I hope they don't go overboard with it if they do ...

#32 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:43

If this idea were implemented, I wonder which guilds would be perennially scoring the reward?

#33 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:14

Since we cannot agree upon a bonus for the relics, why not look at a new idea?

Possibilities:
- New item(s) (Bound that will disappear at the end of the time limit)
- +_% to xp per creature
- some other new idea...

Comments?

#34 Command101

Command101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 March 2013 - 19:55

What if it was a "Temporary Guild Achievement" that a guild could earn?

PM me in game if I get out bid on a piece. Thanks.Thaisetqb1_zpsiu932q47.png

#35 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 20:03

What if it was a "Temporary Guild Achievement" that a guild could earn?

What would that Achievement give?

#36 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 20:50

Bump

#37 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 18:25

Yes, yes, yes! Something new, but...we need some action on "old" ideas as well.

[*] New buffs -- discussions abound on this, but no changes, nothing new.
[*] New and updated quests and regions. Nice new content for really high levels, how about revisiting some old haunts with some fresh ideas ans changes.
[*] Restructure PvPing. Maybe with some updated rules, it would attract players back to the game and preserve those that remain. Make PvPing a separate event to enter -- much like you have to opt-in for the PvP ladder.
[*] Arena update - or close it down. Really...it takes forever for tournaments to start!
[*] Random, common drops... How about creature drops that occasionally drop partially to fully forged.

Please feel free to add to this list...

#38 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 18:29

If this idea were implemented, I wonder which guilds would be perennially scoring the reward?

Great point. That is, the higher level guild certainly would prevail as do the players with vast amounts of stam. To encourage participation, why not then have achievements based on ranges. We have ranges for the PvP ladder; we have ranges for PvPing; we have ranges for GvGing participation... So why not the same for Guild Achievements as well?

This is all offered/commented to encourage more players, more ACTIVE players, and maybe, just maybe, help encourage players to the game.

#39 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 18:35

You need a "Chicken Poop" event! Question - what keeps players from hunting, PvPing, GvGing, killing critters for a global event? Why STAM, of course! A Chicken Poop event would simply "Drop" bits of stam here and there in the course of huntng, completing a quest, etc... Stam keeps players moving, they need a boost once and while...so, why not?

#40 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 19:00

don't forgot about the Composing idea, HCS need to do this first...

I was talking about that fell months ago, about create a new class of creature, the 'Ancient' class can create new EP quests too.

The Ancient itens you will be founded on these EP quests will give you SINGLE stats, or single bonuses (stamina, xp, high lvl buffs on yourself, etc) or give you specific buff, something like AL250 (without any stats). And the Ancient item can be upgraded each 50 lvls you won, and one time you upgrade then, they become Bound,

That can create a new way to see the game, saving your Ancient item with you, selling worthless ones, upgrading an specific item for all the game long, and creating new hunting setups, one time you will wear the Ancient on a place of other item.

The Ancient cannot disable CoA and CoD, and it's cannot count like a set for SH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: