#1 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2015 - 13:33

as the title asks, what are your thoughts on a feeder guild

would it be a good idea for GvG guilds and any sort of guild? train there members and help them out, something for lets say some high leveled guilds like FFS, MoM abd such to give lower members a shot when they hit X requirements and so on... would just like to hear peoples thoughts

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#2 Dantalian

Dantalian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 14:39

Can you please explain what a "Feeder Guild" is?

#3 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 15:03

I think what he means is GvG guilds or low lvl guilds having some sort of agreement/sponsor to buff/support the players in the other guild for some other rights in return.

Our guild has a similar agreement.

There are alot of these agreements/alliances etc. in place you just gotta open your eyes a bit and you can see em ;)

#4 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2015 - 16:40

similar to what tuvok said, basically lets say you have the number one guild and they have a 'feeder guild' 

This feeder guild recruits members between the level of lets say 1 and 600, (or whatever requirements they set) and in order for these members to have the shot of joining the "Mother Guild" (so the top guild) they will need to hit certain requirements like have 10k max stam and max stam gain and be "X" level, this giving the opportunity for low levels to have the shot to be in a guild similar to them (with the help from the mother guild its self like tovuk mentioned)

this can work with a GvG guild too:

they may need to win "X" amount of conflicts in order to go to the Mother guild, this meaning that new comers to GvG can learn in a seperate guild and it less effect the Mother Guilds PvP rating and such

And with hunting and such, like i mentioned, get to a certain requirement that the Mother Guild sets and bamn they get the shot into that guild..... Hope this explains it at all! im terrible with explinations

PS: basically its in the name.... the Feeder Guild 'Feeds' The Mother Guild members after they hit the requirements....

No not like Om nom nom but you knew that :P

Edited by macb00k, 23 August 2015 - 16:46.

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:31

Why did you even ask about this?

Seems pointless to me... are you against it or just wondering if it functions? 

I would never do this... but I think it's a great idea if you have people who are willing to be the filters before the filter. I've seen it done tons throughout FS over the last... well, I refrain from saying 8 years. 

If you want my personal opinion: 100% ridiculous. 

Why?

Not cost-effective.... though I have to admit that GvGs could challenge that ideology. I mean... to buck the system, you could probably have your "sub-Guild" do GvGs against the "mother". I'm pretty sure that's prohibited... 

If you aren't looking to buck the system in this way... well, why wouldn't you simply have your "filter team" be in your guild?

#6 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:15

Anyone could spin-off a guild from the main guild.. Use a trusted co-founder   .. may I suggest one for you  ( see image ) 

oie_5JgcqYnopwWw1_zpsydl5ckhi.jpg

#7 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:51

I would never do this... but I think it's a great idea if you have people who are willing to be the filters before the filter. I've seen it done tons throughout FS over the last... well, I refrain from saying 8 years. 

Why?

Not cost-effective.... though I have to admit that GvGs could challenge that ideology. I mean... to buck the system, you could probably have your "sub-Guild" do GvGs against the "mother". I'm pretty sure that's prohibited... 

If you aren't looking to buck the system in this way... well, why wouldn't you simply have your "filter team" be in your guild?

was bored and curious haha :P

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#8 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 14:57

Why?

Not cost effective? you must be kidding me.

We are in fact a gvg sub guild of one of the biggest and best guilds in the game.

Only in a small team with as few attacking angles as possible you can GvG nowadays quite properly. Kittles called it "specialized guilds". Our "specialized" guild is supported through a mutual agreement.

That mutual agreement provides trade and support in both directions. Kinda like a close knit alliance of common interest. Everybody profits from it and many bonds are knit. I wont disclose what guild it is but if you read our guildname closely you can slightly get a hint.

We are one of the few full on GvG guilds that still stand. We had to do some reevaluation after the season ended but we decided that we will continue the GvGing. We are the GvG Phoenix reborn amidst salt and smoke out of the ashes of dead and long forgotten GvG guilds. WE ARE THE GVG LEGACY.

/exaggerateoff

#9 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 16:52

Can you please explain what a "Feeder Guild" is?

A guild that has a Soup Kitchen? :P

Posted Image

#10 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 August 2015 - 20:28

im sorry... but this is the best reply ive seen! laughed a bit when i saw it haha

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#11 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2015 - 14:55

Didn't there used to be a guild called Soup Kitchen? :P :lol:

#12 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2015 - 17:38

it still exists, just not active anymore

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#13 Auron FFX

Auron FFX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 22:22

Ive never heard of this to be honest. but then again, it never really came up either.

May the odds be ever in your favor

hWtBGE5.gif
My wiki user page

#14 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 February 2016 - 21:49

It has been tried in the past, and to some extent did work, but given activity numbers, I'd probably say it's a waste of resources to make a secondary/feeder guild, when those could be used to improve your own guild.

Making a feeder guild would take a decent chunk of resources, that would be better used to expand your own capacity to support a wider range of players (gear, BP slots to hold more gear, more Perf/FF gear for lower levels, etc.)

I won't tell you what to do, but I think you all have a good thing going, and it'd lesser your ability to keep growing at a good pace by distracting yourselves with a feeder guild. Long run giving people a shot in house allows for more direct control/accountability of the process and more chances to interact directly with them on a more personal level that would be lost with a secondary/feeder guild.

I'm not sure if you were referring to that in terms of your own guild or not, but it seemed you meant that? Not 100% sure, but regardless, even with the top elite guilds there doesn't seem to be enough players in the game yet to make that worth doing. However....with launch of mobile for FS, we could end up seeing enough players to where down he road that might actually be worth doing. Positive/Nega Zero is a good example of a quality affiliate system from a few years back.

I can't think of any others that ever worked well to any extent. Might be some from 06-08 I'm totally aware of, but chances are it won't work well, especially given how the mechanics for Guild rankings works with GXP that vanishes permanently upon departure.

Edit: To basically summarize my comment. If you're referring to your own, you all are doing a good job, and diverting resources to make a feeder guild would distract yourselves from continuing the progress you're making, as there are too many guilds with openings and not enough active players that a feeder guild would be something most would ever consider. With launch of mobile, it should see activity pick up, and might potentially be something to consider, but not as things are now.

Edited by Gutie, 15 February 2016 - 21:52.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: