18 replies to this topic

#1 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 20:26

just curious..where are the titans..not a single titan has spawned in 22 hrs plus +  ?  is there something wrong bg ?

#2 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 20:33

I saw a kraken notice for yesterday and kojin for today.  Only two but that's more than none. 

Not the usual spawn rate though.

Looking at the kill log, 4 titans yesterday.

Edited by Pythia, 05 July 2016 - 20:35.

#3 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 20:37

Interesting question. I wonder though, there are 17 currently active.

Perhaps there is some type of max computed into the spawning equation. No idea whatsoever.

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2016 - 20:52

*chuckles* - maybe they had a union meeting and are fed up of being left hanging around with no pay.

So, before the agency sends out another one, the contract with the first one has to be terminated completely ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 21:05

ah ha..so they are all out there waiting to be finished off ? weird..can see that during xp event..not now..

somebody is watching forums..shazam !! titan appears shortly after thread made..lol

Edited by yodamus, 05 July 2016 - 21:07.

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:05

just curious..where are the titans..not a single titan has spawned in 22 hrs plus +  ?  is there something wrong bg ?

It's not that they are hiding it's just they aren't getting killed :). Why? We all have our own opinions.

#7 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 14:12

yes..with the price of titan epics at an all time low..i see why nobody wants to fight them anymore..time + stamina for little return...kraken and lestus drops are now worth pennies compared to a couple of years ago..somebody (bg) needs to makes titan epic drops + super elites drops into an inventable piece of gear..or they will barely be hunted ever again

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2016 - 14:15

Titans are still being hunted by people. That's why they keep getting killed. They can get these items for themselves. They don't have to buy them from other people. 

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 14:40

Titans are still being hunted by people. That's why they keep getting killed. They can get these items for themselves. They don't have to buy them from other people. 

Think your missing the point of the OP. He says they aren't spawning...That's because the rate of which titans are being killed is declining as we move forward. Titans dying slow = Titan spawning slow.

I'll give it to ya it's partially because it's right after a 2x event. But even a few weeks from now no one's really going to be killing titans...Meaning not many new ones will spawn. An issue HCS might wanna address in the coming future. Which i thought was going to be the addition of titan recipes.

Edited by EpicPiety, 06 July 2016 - 14:42.

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2016 - 15:00

Titans spawn randomly. How often or how quickly they are killed have no bearing on that random nature. There's nothing wrong with Titans. They ARE hunted and destroyed. The recent kill list shows 5 titans killed today, by a variety of Guilds. 

Could we release new Titans? Sure and we periodically do. Could new titan items be invented from older ones? Again, sure. But we have to be aware that using Titan items in such a way would likely result in players demanding greater stats from new Titan items.

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 15:21

Titans spawn randomly. How often or how quickly they are killed have no bearing on that random nature. There's nothing wrong with Titans. They ARE hunted and destroyed. The recent kill list shows 5 titans killed today, by a variety of Guilds. 

Could we release new Titans? Sure and we periodically do. Could new titan items be invented from older ones? Again, sure. But we have to be aware that using Titan items in such a way would likely result in players demanding greater stats from new Titan items.

With epics they just have to be slightly better than their counterpart. Need to create demand in some sort. Right now supply:demand ratio is about 100:1. Which will directly effect titan activity :P. Don't need to make the epics super super powerful just slightly better than the next...Hey throw us some low invention rates too that'll surely help thin out the supply. Something that inventor 575 won't give 80-90% even... Just my 2 cents.

Edited by EpicPiety, 06 July 2016 - 15:24.

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2016 - 15:29

Thinning out the supply? The supply is fine. Again, Titans are not there for profit making. It's there for Guilds to work together and gain something for their Guild through team work. Like I said, I see no issue with trying this out with some of the seriously old Epics that have been around a long time.

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 15:37

Thinning out the supply? The supply is fine. Again, Titans are not there for profit making. It's there for Guilds to work together and gain something for their Guild through team work. Like I said, I see no issue with trying this out with some of the seriously old Epics that have been around a long time.

The "teamwork" factor to do with TH has long since sailed. Titan's are the biggest profit makers in the game...Has been since the inception. That's one of the biggest/only reasons why it thrived. Otherwise everyone would hunt them once and wouldn't return. Eventually to become stagnant *like now* because unfortunately the rate of which FS gains players isn't enough to keep TH active on a "not for profit foreground". Profit has a big factor to do with titan health. Denying such would just be foolish. Proof is in the pudding...

#14 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 15:49

The "teamwork" factor to do with TH has long since sailed. Titan's are the biggest profit makers in the game...Has been since the inception. That's one of the biggest/only reasons why it thrived. Otherwise everyone would hunt them once and wouldn't return. Eventually to become stagnant *like now* because unfortunately the rate of which FS gains players isn't enough to keep TH active on a "not for profit foreground". Profit has a big factor to do with titan health. Denying such would just be foolish. Proof is in the pudding...

bingo !!  could not have said it better...the cows are burying their heads in the sand on this..there was not a single spawn for a titan for 22 hrs..that shows how slowly titans are getting killed..the old lower levels ones ..nobody around to buy those epics- very very few new players lasting more than a day or so....for some reason the cows are ignoring the dying of certain aspects of their game..and stubbornly refusing to address the issues..as if everything in the game is going great right now

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2016 - 15:58

We're not ignoring anything, thank you very much. I'll thank you to stop claiming such things.

Titans didn't spawn for 22 hours? That's fine. There were a hell of a lot of titans out. This does not mean they aren't popular. The reason they hang around is because a Guild will make the secure and then expect someone else to clean it up. Not everyone is willing to do that.

#16 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 16:09

Titan ticks are titan ticks and they all add up in the end, and titans hunted should be cleaned up by the hunters.

Just takes some time, that's all.

#17 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 16:20

I too thought that they weren't spawned for that amount of time because others had not been killed and had zero issue with it.

Thanks for clearing that up BG.

Personally, I think that pretty much deals with the original topic.

#18 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 16:33

In the beginning, titans were all about profit, the hunters AND the cows. How do I know this? Because I have hundreds of titan sales threads totalling hundreds of thousands of FSP. And not surprisingly, more sold on special offers.

It's also no surprise that when TKP was introduced, the high value titans were still cleared quickly. For the drops that are or were worth hundreds, or thousands, the vast majority of titan drops were sold, not kept or tagged. Many players' max stam banks were built on titan hunting.

It is no mystery that the cheaper the drop, the longer the titan remains.  To deny that profit has driven a huge amount of titan hunting is simply crazy talk.

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2016 - 16:40

The original topic has been addressed. Topic locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: